Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mp Omg

Page: 1 of 4
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 1:34 PM
You closed the other thread, so...
No point in flaming etc, no point so just this:

No combo's, no groundkills (you know what this does to s/o ctf?), no grip kick, weak forces etc.
And whats with the sabers? Why they so weak? It feels like your waving a breadstick around.
Whats the point of the new 'kata'? They leave you open forever and only hit if someones dosile (noob) enough to walk into you and stand right beside you. Sure they looks nice, but its just eyecandu for the rpg ppl.
JA just seems like the dream game for all the noobs who played JO running round with blue style dooling people screaming "i owner luke skiwacker" and crying when they get kicked.

This isn't meant to flame JA, its just constructive criticism. You say "leave them to it" Well we left them to it and they came back with this. Only through the community saying whats they like/ don't like such as this can lucas arts know what people want changed.
Peace.
 kazesan
09-18-2003, 1:48 PM
I think taking out kick was a great idea. So many people thought this game was an uber kick fest and that the sabers were meaningless. Now in JA you get stronger sabers capable of wailing on someone. Noone is going to be spamming blue btw. I played a FFA server and single sabers were the minority.

The staff and dual twirls are abused and the damage scale seems slightly skewed. However I think single saber can stand up to dual and staff. Specials are going to be spammed though. You will see a twirl or a kata every 5 seconds. Of course this is because of the massive damage the moves do and the fact that they can't be blocked.

Siege mode however is awesome. No more whiny BS RPGers or amsit goons. Hoth felt like hoth. I WAS a snowtrooper taking the base. The fact that I could set up an EWEB stationary cannon whenever I wanted was also awesome. The other two maps don't seem as good as hoth, but I never quite figured out what to do in the desert, and Korriban was a frenzy.

The katas are not pointless btw. They are the best moves in the game. Many people do walk into them although you shouldn't call them n00bs seeing as how the game just came out you're a n00b too. Plus if you get 1 or 2 hits in with the kata before they get out of range then you could kill them then and there.

Its too early to make judgement calls on what is right/wrong and if it needs to be patched. I think siege is great and needs more maps and vehicles.Poweduel is also much fun. I played one ctf map with bots and it was great. I havn't played original duel yet but I will check it out today.

Just cause you don't like the game doesn't mean others don't. The game is about sabers, and saber fighting. There isn't a grip icon on the box so stop complaining.
 Prime
09-18-2003, 1:56 PM
Just give the game a little time and everyone will learn what the good strategies are :)
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 1:58 PM
Oh thank god they don't whore blue style anymore...They just have the duel sabers now :eek: The duel sabers "wook like anikane fwom Attack of teh clowns, but i own anikane...and darth wader!!!1111" Please, your point strengthens the argument. Kata's take ages to complete, leaving you open forever if you miss and the chance of actually hitting is practically zero (providing you don't play noobs). Its like the people who used to dfa whore in duels...great tactic.
And its never too early to judge no kicks in ctf. Kick is needed in s/o ctf, groundkills too, especially on a pickup server and and now sabers do miniscule damage and theres the new uber drain power, cappers have nothing to worry about, just run and cap.
 Master William
09-18-2003, 2:05 PM
You, my friend, have obviously played it for just a second and then made decisions.

Play it for a longer time. And the kata always kill my enemies...
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 2:09 PM
Oh man, maybe we can dool william!!11111 :rolleyes:
Well i bought the game this morning, but i've been playing for quite abit longer, it doesn't matter, anyone can see these things.
I reitterate, kata's will only kill someone stupid enough to run into it...fair enough, kata can be the new dfa (since dfa isn't instant kill anymore), but with the uber drain and the reduced damage from normal saber attacks, s/o ctf becomes a standoff. Kicks are needed.
The drain is even more ridiculous for duels. Duels are again a standoff. It means you have to go light and keep absorb on all the time.
 Icasaracht
09-18-2003, 2:09 PM
Drain is definately uber. I love how it fills up my force bar when I have absorb on.
 DigitalVapor
09-18-2003, 3:28 PM
Did you just ADMIT to playing the BETA?!?!?! Where's a mod when you need him. You cant go judging an entire game when you have only barely played THE FINAL PRODUCT. How many times do people need to be told the beta wasnt finished and had various problems. Now go take a closer look at the press releases, developer interviews and PLAY THE LEGAL VERSION!!! You will learn that every one of your complaints (except maybe the dual twirl whoring, thats irritating) Are unfounded. The saber combat is fine, the game is well balanced, and you need to give the grip-whoring a rest. You dont even have the right to pass judgement since you played an illegal copy of the game. KURGAN!! GET HIM OUTTA HERE PLEASE!!
 DigitalVapor
09-18-2003, 3:52 PM
OOPS SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. I THINK ITS FIXED NOW
 traj
09-18-2003, 3:56 PM
These are the same people who called the best FF players in the game kick whores and force whores. They're as happy as pigs in **** right now.
 traj
09-18-2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by DigitalVapor
Did you just ADMIT to playing the BETA?!?!?! Where's a mod when you need him. You cant go judging an entire game when you have only barely played THE FINAL PRODUCT. How many times do people need to be told the beta wasnt finished and had various problems. Now go take a closer look at the press releases, developer interviews and PLAY THE LEGAL VERSION!!! You will learn that every one of your complaints (except maybe the dual twirl whoring, thats irritating) Are unfounded. The saber combat is fine, the game is well balanced, and you need to give the grip-whoring a rest. You dont even have the right to pass judgement since you played an illegal copy of the game. KURGAN!! GET HIM OUTTA HERE PLEASE!!

Maybe he played the game at his friends house all day yesterday nub. You dont know. GET TEH HALL MONITOR!!!!!!!
 DigitalVapor
09-18-2003, 4:12 PM
I made an educated guess based on the context of his comments. He complained about game issues that were evidently present in the beta. Human induced problems such as saber-twirl whoring are one thing but actual gameplay issues are somthing else. I got my pre-ordered copy yesterday afternoon and none of the "breadstick" problems he complained about were there, but from what I have heard, the BETA version's saber combat was crap because it wasnt finishd or balanced. And given the odds of someone having played the beta (these people inexplicably complain the most too I have noticed) Chances are quite strong that he played the beta and didnt understand the part where IT WASNT FINISHED. I admit, I was even a little tempted to hunt that beta down but I didnt. I have a longstanding loyalty to Lucasarts and now to Raven as well. Every SW game I have I bought legitimately, and I have alot of SW games. I have the entire DF series now and a TON of other SW games. I fought that temptation for many reasons, Loyalty, Legality, and the fact that I didnt want some buggy, half arsed version of the game spoiling my view of the retail version. So maybe he didnt play an illegal copy but the odds are strongly in favor of him playing the beta based on his comments.
 kazesan
09-18-2003, 4:15 PM
CTF is something I don't know about. I havn't played JA CTF yet so I may agree with you. However I never kicked alot in JK2. Actually I never kicked. I never played FFA though. There are still combos though. Grip+saber throw I think is in. Plus the opponents saber turns off so if they don't push out they are dead. Also new combos like lightning/drain and absorb/protect are also in.

I hate all the RPG people. I also hate all the whiners. If you don't like the game so be it. Mods will come out and JK2 will still have servers in the mean time. JA is a huge improvement on JK2 IMO. You actually use the lightsaber as a deadly weapon instead of as a shield against guns. Also *gasp* more than 1 stance is useful now. All the sabers have their uses. In fact in the FFA I played first and 2nd place were single saber users. (I was 2nd :p )

I'd much rather spam katas and hold on the attack button with dual sabers than spam DFAs and tap the jump button frantically.
 Kurgan
09-18-2003, 4:25 PM
People who played the illegal beta just shot themselves in the foot IMHO.

You gave yourself expectations of the game that were unrealistic and set yourself up for disappointment. NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU!

Anyway, Kicks are still in the game, according to Raven, it's simply a server option (look at the documentation for the Win32 dedicated server).

As to ground attacks, I don't know, I haven't tried. But look in the "moves" section in MP help (in-game).

As to the sabers being weak, you do know that the saber only game modes have weaker sabers by default? You can change this by using the Saberdamagescale cvar.

Raven did this ON PURPOSE because people complained so much that the sabers in FFA/CTF (with other weapons) were too weak, but the sabers in Duels weren't weak enough (duels needed to be longer). It could very well be that the same logic applies to "Saber Only" mode, so change the cvar to your liking.

The console is a wonderful and powerful thing, and if used properly to its potential, I think a lot of these complaints will disappear.
 traj
09-18-2003, 4:39 PM
So if all these servers are tweaking damage scales then we will have to adjust our play for each server we visit? Sounds annoying.

I'm not saying this just to be difficult. But say what you will about the saber damage in JA, at least I knew it would be the same from server to server.
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 4:42 PM
Omg, i didn't even play the beta...Like i'm gonna spend 6-7 hours downloading a half finished version. I actually rented the game yesterday and bought it today. All this 'educated guessing.' I make an educated guess that half the people who post here are the ones who run around blue style (or double sabered now )shoutin 'dool meh i'm luek skiwacker'. Thats my 'educated guess'.

a.) theres no ptk and no kicks (or non damaging ones) As traj said all you noobs are happy as hell to fight like 'teh movies' with double sabers.

b.) there are no ground kills because of the stupid kick thing. It probably more damaging to you to ground someone else than it is for them

c.) sabers are weak

d.) no out of l.o.s gripping

Fair enough you guys want this out of duels etc. Thats really sounds noobish, but w/e The point is, raven just messed up s/o ctf completely so everygame (that isn't infested with noobs) is a standoff.
Peace.
 Agen
09-18-2003, 5:01 PM
Um.... It's only been out for a few days in america yet you can announce that ever server without n00bs is a standoff...
You also complain that sabers are weak...... why do you complain if you're so good.
You then insult everyone here by saying half of the community here "are the ones who run around blue style (or double sabered now )shoutin 'dool meh i'm luek skiwacker'"

Also it's quite strange that you claim you haven't played the illegal beta but have had more practice.. as far as i know you can't rent a game until about a week after it's out.

theres no ptk and no kicks (or non damaging ones) The end of the world huh :rolleyes: Learn how to play JA, not import your JK2 skills.

PS: Stop whining.
 Mordred
09-18-2003, 5:05 PM
Well you call everyone that like the idea of getting rid of the kick and so on a noob, yet to me u just sound like a whining child, because u cant get your own way.

and ground kills are still very possible, thier are still other ways of knocking people over without using the old JO style kick
 Master William
09-18-2003, 5:06 PM
I am enjoying playing the game at my friends house, and I will continue to enjoy it.
Too bad for you, I am guessing you won't get it... (I didn't read all posts very close) Well, I guess I'll see you online in JK2 or Dark Forces if I ever try it.

:rolleyes:
 traj
09-18-2003, 5:12 PM
You must play alot of FF/SO CTF
/sarcasm

I couldn't care less about the other game types, I'm talking solely about FF duels and FF/SO CTF.

You try chasing a good FC around a giant map when he's got speed+absorb on and see how handy your katas are.

Good luck to you sir.
 Rad Blackrose
09-18-2003, 5:59 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
The end of the world huh :rolleyes: Learn how to play JA, not import your JK2 skills.

PS: Stop whining.

Wow, considering the fact that the saber is a complete piece of **** in JKII, kicks were relied on because you could create reliable combos with them.

I'm getting sick of educating relentlessly idiotic halfwits like you on why JKII was a failure in terms of saber combat. Waah! He's using PTK or GK! Cry more. Maybe Raven will take out all saber stances, revoke the force powers, and put away guns. All we will have is a whacked out blue stance with sabers doing 1 point of damage per contact.

Kurgan: Saberdamagescale is a solution, I will give you that, but what about those who fail to implement it?
 MasterNeo
09-18-2003, 6:17 PM
Rad my old IDS buddy how are things going?

To be on topic, I agree with Agen and Rad

JA has changed a great deal from JK2, although I dont agree with all the changes, its simply a matter of adapting to JA, instead of importing JK2 skills (although having experience in JK2 helps a grea deal)

The saber was crap in JK2, therefore more people relied on the kick and DFA because like Rad said, they did quite a bit of damage and could be used to create reliable combos.

Now that those techniques are gone, all the more reason to adapt to the changes, or heck just mod it.
 Prime
09-18-2003, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Comm539
I actually rented the game yesterday and bought it today. So let me get this straight. You rented Jedi Academy and played it, and thus found out that it had all these big, life-shattering problems, and decided you didn't like it. You then proceeded to head out to the store the next day and throw down a fair amount of cash for this same game you think is aweful. Dude, you stuck it to yourself this time.

a.) theres no ptk and no kicks (or non damaging ones) As traj said all you noobs are happy as hell to fight like 'teh movies' with double sabers. Yes, I like that is is like "teh" movies, sure. It is a Star Wars game after all :) So kicks are removed. So what? Surely there are other ways to score kills. But I guess there aren't, because you have been playing the game you hate long enough to found out that there are no other options.

b.) there are no ground kills because of the stupid kick thing. It probably more damaging to you to ground someone else than it is for them So your saying there is no other way than flip kicks to knock someone to the ground. How long have you been playing?

c.) sabers are weak They are stronger than they are in JO FFA, that's for sure. Raven designed it so the damage is much higher in gametypes like FFA, CTF, and so on compared to Duels. Red stance as often a one-hit-kill. How much more damage do you want them to cause?

Besides, this is just a game. Of course it isn't going to be perfect and there are things not everyone is going to like. Why is it making you :ball: ? Is it preventing you from proving your are uber or something? :)

Originally posted by traj
You try chasing a good FC around a giant map when he's got speed+absorb on and see how handy your katas are. How long is someone going to be able to speed+absorb for? Their Force power is going to drop pretty quickly, especially considering any special move requires force power now.
 GLmig
09-18-2003, 6:34 PM
Comm539 u say that when we use the katas we stay vulnerable until the kata finishes, i havent tryed this but cant u jump when doing the kata? cant u roll when doing the kata stoping it? cant u throw your saber when doing it to stop it? like i said i havent tryed it but i bet 1 of the sugestions or more might work (i think, i hope)
 Prime
09-18-2003, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by GLmig
Comm539 u say that when we use the katas we stay vulnerable until the kata finishes, i havent tryed this but cant u jump when doing the kata? cant u roll when doing the kata stoping it? cant u throw your saber when doing it to stop it? like i said i havent tryed it but i bet 1 of the sugestions or more might work (i think, i hope) You should also be able to use another power (like force push) and that should stop it as well.
 Agen
09-18-2003, 6:52 PM
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
Wow, considering the fact that the saber is a complete piece of **** in JKII, kicks were relied on because you could create reliable combos with them.

I'm getting sick of educating relentlessly idiotic halfwits like you on why JKII was a failure in terms of saber combat. Waah! He's using PTK or GK! Cry more. Maybe Raven will take out all saber stances, revoke the force powers, and put away guns. All we will have is a whacked out blue stance with sabers doing 1 point of damage per contact.

Huh? I'm on your side, i can't stand the whinging that's happening. I used ptk all the time, I'm gonna live with it and not end up whining. Better to adapt than while your ass off so don't gimme that crap.

Most of these whiner's complaints go on like this -
it's not like jk2 - Cry Cry Cry
JA doesn't have my fav move from JO - Cry Cry Cry
I don't like this - Cry Cry Cry
I keep getting beat because of this move - Cry Cry Cry
It's laggy, totally not my fault- Cry Cry Cry
Random stupid thing that no one cares about - Cry Cry Cry
I can't adapt, which is all raven's fault - Cry Cry Cry
etc. etc.

I konw the saber is almost useless in jk2, I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying don't start whining to the community that you can't beat anyone and then refuse to adapt to the new game
:mad:
 traj
09-18-2003, 6:56 PM
Originally posted by Prime

How long is someone going to be able to speed+absorb for? Their Force power is going to drop pretty quickly, especially considering any special move requires force power now.

With an energizer, they could hold it forever. FCs dont need to do any special moves, they just need to run.
 Rad Blackrose
09-18-2003, 6:58 PM
No... Don't tell me THAT still works.

They take out PTK, GK, etc, but "it" still works?
 Prime
09-18-2003, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Huh? I'm on your side, i can't stand the whinging that's happening. I used ptk all the time, I'm gonna live with it and not end up whining. Better to adapt than while your ass off so don't gimme that crap.

Most of these whiner's complaints go on like this -
it's not like jk2 - Cry Cry Cry
JA doesn't have my fav move from JO - Cry Cry Cry
I don't like this - Cry Cry Cry
I keep getting beat because of this move - Cry Cry Cry
It's laggy, totally not my fault- Cry Cry Cry
Random stupid thing that no one cares about - Cry Cry Cry
I can't adapt, which is all raven's fault - Cry Cry Cry
etc. etc.

I konw the saber is almost useless in jk2, I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying don't start whining to the community that you can't beat anyone and then refuse to adapt to the new game
:mad: This is exactly what is happening. The flip kick is removed, so just learn to adapt and get some new moves. Jeez. I had no problem with the kick per se, or a problem with people who used it because it was the most effective. Well, now other things will be effective. Why not take a little time to learn them. Flip kicks was not what made JO a good game.

Originally posted by traj
With an energizer, they could hold it forever. FCs dont need to do any special moves, they just need to run. I do not play CTF, so you will have to bare with me :) But since now the red stance is more or less a one hit kill, won't that go a long way to dealing with a speed+absorb FC?
 WadeV1589
09-18-2003, 7:13 PM
Reason I posted this in this thread was I wasn't sure (and didn't think) it warranted a new thread and was relatively on topic of this (complaints).

I have to ask....why do the players who played JO and then go on to complain about JA think they're in the right? They remove this, they add that, this new "fix" destroys the game....yadda yadda blah blah. The most important point being this isn't JO, this is JA, from a technical point of view it may as well be a major mod for JO, from a gamers point of view, it's a new game requiring new skills and no whiners!

So many people complain about the game and say "n00bs will take advantage of this and use it"...I say, good for the so called n00bs! If it will allow them to score and they'll enjoy playing then fine! What gives anyone the right to complain about "n00bs" just because they're doing what they know how to do? I hear far more complaining from so called "l33t" players than "n00bs".

Isn't it time all you complainers faced this is a game for anyone and everyone to play, people will play how they want to play, no-one is right in how to play ESPECIALLY you people who go calling people n00bs, you are the worst players out there if a lot of people were honest acting like you know how to play the best...

And I guarantee some people will read this and want to argue against it...what's betting they're the "l33t" people who call others "n00bs"?
 traj
09-18-2003, 7:25 PM
Rad, I think 'it' does work. Haven't tried it myself yet but I heard some things.

Moving on. SP, FFA, NF Duels, Siege, Power Duels, and Guns are not my concern. I'm speaking only about the competitive FF/SO CTF community and the FF duel community. The rest might be fine, but these are problem areas and they need to be addressed.
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 7:27 PM
Let me enlighten you people:
I bought the game becuase i played jk2. No matter how bad/good JA, i will buy it. I believe it can be patched to be a good game and if not then rely on x mod and any other mods implementing an ounce of sense. Anyway moving away from 'reason's why i did and didn't buy the game'

No groudkills: no kicks to ground people,
There are other ways
Name them. The other point is, if you ever were grounded, you do a stupid spring up kick probably damaging the attacker more than you were damaged.

No kicks: I'm talking about real ctf, not some duel saber skiwackers on vacation from tatoonie. Real ctf, with clans: No kicks, ridiculously weak sabers, a spiderman wallstick, any old energiser or healer and you've got yourself a standoff. CTF is reduced to 'who can get the lucky kata first'
How you gonna clear the pad from the campers? You can't kick them off, they sure as hell won't walk into your kata. Maybe if you ask them nicely?

PS. the reason you hear more complaining from '1337' players than noobs, is because this game is perfect for the 'Dart Waders' and 'Luek skiwackers' who dool duel sabers to look like 'anikane from teh clowns'. This game is a dumbed down JO and i'm just constructively criticising for features to be returned (maybe just for ctf...i don care about your power duels and tffa, (cough...team kata whoring...cough)). Thats all.
 ganjalf
09-18-2003, 7:34 PM
this may sound seminally retarded but...............all those people who are complaining here, why are u tryin to defer people from buying it cos we dont give two ****'s about ur opinion mate, ok a few things are screwed or not implemented but hell i dont care its ****ing STAR WARS MATE. btw im from uk im goin out at 8 am and buyin this game. AND I THOUGHT SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE ON n64 WAS GOOD. oh yeah that and rodland on the amiga.
 Mordred
09-18-2003, 7:43 PM
Well then, by what u say even if u had the old style kick u could ground kill as they can do the jump up kick.

but u can still know people to the ground, force pull and push work quite well if u time it right an they dont have Absorb on.

the Staff kick does the job too.

so u have to change your tactics a bit, whoopie.

im glad they chage things, whats the point of buying JK2 a second time for some new sabers??

its still a bit to close to JK2 for my liking, feel liek a add on pack, but if u put back all the things from JK2 and take out the new stuff in JO it will just be JK2 with Duel and staff sabers aswell.

would not worth my Ј30 in that case, i'd stick with JK2, but JK2 was flawed and i was hoping they would get it right this time round, and they seem to be going in the right direction to me.
 FR3DDY
09-18-2003, 8:14 PM
HI all !

When i first played JK:JA, I thought to my self, WTF is this ?? then i decided to give it a give it a day. I played it for quite a few hours now, and i am thining of getting it replaced for a pac man game (it takes much more skill and knowledge to play it). I have to say that the game play (talking bout MP) is totaly f***** up, and i have to say all the new "cool" moves LOOK kinda nice, but when it comes to using in a FF/SO combat, they just don't do what i expeced it to do, when i bought the game. This game was suposed to be a sequal to the JEDI KNIGHT seires, yet they somehow mannaged to make a step back in the series. So if it is a sequal then most of the players in JK: JA played the JK2:JO. There for if a JEDI knight was able to do special moves without using force, then how come a few years after that, he uses force to do them :confused: . And if a JEDI knight was able to use GK's PTK's kick's, did he forget how just few years later, guess the JEDI aren't that good after all. ANd to concentrate on FF/SO CTF combat, its like some of you said use speed and absorb, get a energizer and you are home free, sounds kinda boring. Even if that is so, at least in a previous version of the same game (JK2:JO) the returnes were able to get the cappers by using a combo of rage and speed forces, while doing a red DFA which was a good way of stoping cappers, but now no more DFA's as spee+rage takes all of your force.

---------------------------------------------------------

Once again i say this is suposed to be a sequal. Yet raven took away most of the things that made JK2: JO MP legendery, and added some new uselles stuuf into it.
 Comm539
09-18-2003, 8:15 PM
I'm not trying to defer you from buying the game...Go and buy it, its a good game. Only thing is that it messes up s/o ctf (organised ctf) to a standoff.
Please, you expect everyone to have saber staff now?! Comeon now, sensible suggestions ppl.
 JaledDur
09-19-2003, 1:17 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan

The console is a wonderful and powerful thing, and if used properly to its potential, I think a lot of these complaints will disappear.

ROFL, nice.
 Guardian Omega
09-19-2003, 2:44 AM
Alright, I'm still waiting for a chance to buy the game (got the money, dont got the permission, I need to make Honor Roll)

Can you still strafe jump?:)
 Prime
09-19-2003, 2:57 AM
No matter how bad/good JA, i will buy it. That is a silly attitude, isn't it?

No groudkills: no kicks to ground people,

Name them. The other point is, if you ever were grounded, you do a stupid spring up kick probably damaging the attacker more than you were damaged. But if you are "l33t", then you should be able to kill them. So what if people can defend themselves when knocked down now? Learn to kill people in other ways. Does winning depend on your opponant lying on the ground?

I believe it can be patched to be a good game and if not then rely on x mod and any other mods implementing an ounce of sense. Like admin mods? Then we can use empower to get us victories! :D

No kicks: I'm talking about real ctf, not some duel saber skiwackers on vacation from tatoonie. Real ctf, with clans: Ooh. Real CTF. The Man's game. All the other game types are for pussies! CTF shows what a big tough guy you are. And clans! CTF would be nothing but noobs without clans!

PS. the reason you hear more complaining from '1337' players than noobs, is because this game is perfect for the 'Dart Waders' and 'Luek skiwackers' who dool duel sabers to look like 'anikane from teh clowns'. This game is a dumbed down JO and i'm just constructively criticising for features to be returned (maybe just for ctf...i don care about your power duels and tffa, (cough...team kata whoring...cough)). Thats all. If JA is really dumbed down JO, they why not go back to JO? If JO has everything you want, like kicks, then why waste your time with this game? JA is for newbs and kata whoring. :)

If newbs are scoring some kills in the game, so what? I mean, if you are getting beaten by newbs like Dart Waders and Luek skiwackers, perhaps you are not "leet" afterall. What kind of good player can't adapt and learn new skills?
 Jello123
09-19-2003, 3:07 AM
pac man = bestest game in the worlds

and the person that replied to traj's speed absorb kata comment

you might wanna try playing some ctf and realize that a speeder can finish going around ctf_bespin 5 times before you finish running/rolling it once

and the objective of the flagger like traj said..is to STAY ALIVE..not run into a bunch of opposing team dudes and try to kill them all yourself

and to this prime guy, fyi xmod has no empowerment

it's not a "pick on f*gs mod"

it's for real admins that ADMIN

it also has options that benefit the PLAYER..not necessarily the admin

ex. locking and randomizing teams..
switchin ppl to a certain team
quickened death falls

why do you think every saber only CTF server in 104 has it?
 -DK-Squee
09-19-2003, 3:28 AM
cmon people, lucasarts werent planning on making it an expansion ok jk2! they said it was A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT GAME so dont expect everything to be the same
 Prime
09-19-2003, 3:29 AM
Originally posted by Jello123
pac man = bestest game in the worlds No argument here.

and to this prime guy, fyi xmod has no empowerment Ah. Never heard of x mod, but I tended to stay away from JO mods in general of reasons I'm sure you can understand. I assumed that the "x" in x mod was generic, as in, any of those mods. My mistake. :)[/B][/QUOTE]

it's not a "pick on f*gs mod" Excellent!

it's for real admins that ADMIN Sounds good.

it also has options that benefit the PLAYER..not necessarily the admin We needed more like those.

ex. locking and randomizing teams..
switchin ppl to a certain team
quickened death falls Sounds reasonable.

why do you think every saber only CTF server in 104 has it? No idea. When I saw all those mods in JO, I assumed most of them were run by 12 years olds who needed a power trip. And I never play CTF, I always considered it kind of newbish :) j/k.
 scarlet
09-19-2003, 3:30 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Like admin mods? Then we can use empower to get us victories! :D

Ooh. Real CTF. The Man's game. All the other game types are for pussies! CTF shows what a big tough guy you are. And clans! CTF would be nothing but noobs without clans!

did he ever say it was the man's game? and when did he ever say the other types are for pussies? what he is simply saying is that s/o ctf is now completely ruined due to the inability to kill people who have a supporter with them. for example, have you ever seen an fc who uses protect and has two energizers with him? it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill a skilled FC without kicking them off a ledge. believe me, go to ctf_yavin in JO and try it. the only possible way is kill the supporters , drain the fc, and now that the fc will put absorb on, kill him without giving him enough force (pulls/pushes/grips) to put protect on, ALL while hoping the supporters do not make it back in time to energize him so he can put protect back on. does that sound too hard to pull off as the fc? well, as a PART TIME fc in JO s/o ctf, it is second nature to me. as a near full time returner, i can tell you that it is CRUCIAL to kick the fc down and kill him quickly. now, i won't hold you to the assumption that you do know what it is like, considering it's obvious you've never spent much time in s/o ctf (not a cutdown, just the obvious). but the fact is, s/o JO can get VERY frustrating when trying to kill a protected fc. but now? with saber damage down, no kick damage, and virtually no way to kick an intelligent fc down without him countering it? i CAN'T even begin to imagine the frustration.

and finally, if you had any experience in s/o ctf in jk2, you'd know that xmod is not a mod for empowerment, in fact, i don't even think xmod INCLUDES it. the ffa mods created empowerment for frustrated admins. xmod is simply a mod that, in JO, created 'smart suicide', where when you /kill yourself the person who inflicted the damage OR kicked you off the edge will get the deserved points. not only that, but later versions went on to fix multiple bugs in combat. it is an absolutely AMAZING mod, and it really annoys me to see you make assumptions due to the countless ffa mods you've seen. so, in conclusion, this post is not meant to flame anyone, just to give you 1% of my experience in s/o ctf to allow you to MAYBE understand how impossible JA has made my favorite mode.
 Jello123
09-19-2003, 3:42 AM
http://xmod.cat5camp.com)

scar spectator > scar returner laff jk

i come here to say what the other 30 CTF saberists came to say
 Tactics
09-19-2003, 3:51 AM
some of you div,rk people know who i am(scar you should). i agree with everything that has been said here that relates to SO CTF/SO FF being turned to ****. everything that required precision and skill in jk2 is gone, replaced with *press k dool me* noobs(which there were quite alot of in jk2). RAVEN, all you need to do is make a patch that puts most of the combos from jk2 into jk3 like gk, ptk, pk. those moves were essential to SO games.
 Luc Solar
09-19-2003, 4:15 AM
Let's give it a few days/weeks, okay?

It's not JO. You can't assume that you can use your old JO tactics, moves and combos to dominate in JA. It's different.

I've heard that there are some mad combos in this game. Dunno what they are (because it's a "secret" :swear: ), but some day I'll find out (still waiting for the game).

Nobody knew about ptk/gk's when JO came out. Same thing with JA. I'm sure there are quick and efficient ways to beat the crap out of people, they're just not the same as they were in JO.

Let's not turn JA into one of those backstabbing "1.04 basejk" servers where a 12-year-old admin pwns unsuspecting visitors with his l337 2880-degree yawspeed-spinning pull-backstabs...if you know what I mean? It's not 1.03, it's not Jedi Outcast.

I want to see what this baby can do. :)

PS. And for all the 12.000 "THIS GAEM SUXKS I can't Be teh YODA!"-whiners who are about to post atm. : shut up. Nobody cares what you think. If you want to DISCUSS, fine. If you want to WHINE, do it somewhere else. :mad:
 AxVegetA
09-19-2003, 4:22 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
People who played the illegal beta just shot themselves in the foot IMHO.

You gave yourself expectations of the game that were unrealistic and set yourself up for disappointment. NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU!

Anyway, Kicks are still in the game, according to Raven, it's simply a server option (look at the documentation for the Win32 dedicated server).

As to ground attacks, I don't know, I haven't tried. But look in the "moves" section in MP help (in-game).

As to the sabers being weak, you do know that the saber only game modes have weaker sabers by default? You can change this by using the Saberdamagescale cvar.

Raven did this ON PURPOSE because people complained so much that the sabers in FFA/CTF (with other weapons) were too weak, but the sabers in Duels weren't weak enough (duels needed to be longer). It could very well be that the same logic applies to "Saber Only" mode, so change the cvar to your liking.

Hope the servers agree to a unique form of settings.
 Prime
09-19-2003, 4:28 AM
Originally posted by scarlet
did he ever say it was the man's game? I took "I'm talking about real ctf...Real ctf, with clans" to mean that CTF is where it was at. As in, that is where the l33t players play.

and when did he ever say the other types are for pussies? I get that impression with statements like "not some duel saber skiwackers on vacation from tatoonie" and "i don care about your power duels and tffa, (cough...team kata whoring...cough)" and so on.

now, i won't hold you to the assumption that you do know what it is like, considering it's obvious you've never spent much time in s/o ctf (not a cutdown, just the obvious). but the fact is, s/o JO can get VERY frustrating when trying to kill a protected fc. but now? with saber damage down, no kick damage, and virtually no way to kick an intelligent fc down without him countering it? i CAN'T even begin to imagine the frustration. I do not know a lot about CTF because I don't play it. I am not arguing that CTF doesn't have any issues. I'm saying that many of these issues aren't "bugs", they were consious design decisions. I am arguing that it is too early in the game to know what all the effective strategies are for S/O CTF and S/O FF. A day after release have we found out everything there is about the game? JA is a different game than JO. The rules are different. I am arguing that it may be too early to fly off the handle and declare JA a complete disaster. As for weaker sabers, as Kurgan has said this is for the sabers only style, and a cvar is made available to adjust this to peoples' liking. Apparently kicks are available with a cvar. There may be solutions out there, so why are people getting so upset and demanding a patch to do something that they be able to do themselves?

And if JA CTF really can't be saved and all the skill and precision is gone, then why not migrate back to JO? It has the kicks and skill you want, right? Is this not an option? If JA is so awful, don't play JA! I'm not saying this to get rid of you all, I'm saying this because it seems to be what you really want.

and finally, if you had any experience in s/o ctf in jk2, you'd know that xmod is not a mod for empowerment, in fact, i don't even think xmod INCLUDES it. the ffa mods created empowerment for frustrated admins. xmod is simply a mod that, in JO, created 'smart suicide', where when you /kill yourself the person who inflicted the damage OR kicked you off the edge will get the deserved points. not only that, but later versions went on to fix multiple bugs in combat. it is an absolutely AMAZING mod, and it really annoys me to see you make assumptions due to the countless ffa mods you've seen. so, in conclusion, this post is not meant to flame anyone, just to give you 1% of my experience in s/o ctf to allow you to MAYBE understand how impossible JA has made my favorite mode. As I stated above, this was a misinterpretation on my part about what he ment by "x mod", and admitted it was my mistake :)
 mr2turbo
09-19-2003, 4:31 AM
y0u ppl R fooLs, if U were a 1337 players like me N my clan U would know that SO/CTF is enhanced 100 fold.

siNce I am 1337 i will explain - line up all your team in a row and when teh FC comes running by everyone do super kata at once and saber shred him to bits and return flag then /kill.
 Jello123
09-19-2003, 4:38 AM
laff turbo
Page: 1 of 4