Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with my Sephiroth Model

Page: 1 of 1
 -=NJO=-Drizzt
09-10-2003, 1:09 PM
Hi, I've been making a sephiroth kingdom hearts model for jk2/3 for a while now. It's my first model and I am not sure how to get it in game. I think I'm missing a lot of thing like the caps, tags and skeleton. I'm not really sure how to do this. It's skinned and ready to go so please can someone help me.

Here's what it looks like:
http://files.psiron.net/images/Sephirothscreen.jpg)
 Andy867
09-10-2003, 5:44 PM
Let's see if we cant get a better response if this is in the modeling Forum
 Crowy
09-11-2003, 11:25 AM
im not sure on this one but psykosith might have a modelling tutorial.. his site is http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/)

Also a modelling tutorial was just released recently on www.jk2files.com)
(cant get a direct link as either the jk2server or my stupid 56k is being dumb)

im not sure on the quality of them or if they cover what you want due to the fact i know very little about modelling anyway, i hope all of that helps
 Vincentt Shin
09-11-2003, 7:34 PM
This is an awesome looking model the eyes look a lil messed up on the skin I was wondering a few things if firstly will there be a Masumena or however you spell his swords name will be released with this with model and if it is it should be mod compatible and also I dunno if you tried making it and failed or never tried but just so you know hes missing the Black Angel wing on the left of his back just a few opinions and questions.
 Flamehart
09-11-2003, 9:38 PM
Holy Run-ons, Batman!

Use periods and commas, its easier to read, and its Masamune.

Great model, I hope you get it imported
 Eldritch
09-12-2003, 12:19 PM
what r u talking about dunt u know its easier to not use coreckt spellng n punctooatution n not include any comas or periods n you can frget bout using apstrphs i cant even spell that so i woudnt tnks about usig it

*cough cough* I mean...
What are you talking about? Don't you know it's easier to not use correct spelling and punctuation, commas and periods? And you can forget about apostrophes, I can't even spell that so I wouldn't even think about using it.

:D

Seriously though, the model looks pretty good Drizzt, but that part of his jacket that sticks out far to the left and right will cause clipping issues (though with other people, not him). ;)
Also something's not right with the face - maybe it's the eyes. I'm not sure.
 Bountyjedi
09-12-2003, 1:17 PM
this model is real good.

my clan leader reequested this of drizzt cuz i was first trying to skin the existing seph :D
but we saw it didnt work well and i have too say its the best non-star wars model i have seen :D.
 Hellfire Jedi
09-12-2003, 5:51 PM
Either thats a un-released trailer of JA...or its a beta of JA, in Bountie's sig.
 Vincentt Shin
09-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Ok who cares if it is people have the beta if hes violating a rule fine but thats not even on topic man btw another question came to mind since this is the KH version will he have sounds like Voice I really think Sephs voice actor for the English Final Mix disgraces Seph totaly his voice actor is Lance Bass from N'YSNC *cringes* but I'd still like him to have sounds and a voice hehe.
 Bountyjedi
09-13-2003, 3:02 AM
its not the beta its the demo i took some shots out of.
i never wann get th beta warez its illegal now this isnt cuz its the demo :D.

and it has to has those sticking out things as its part of kh seph he has some kind of force below him or seomthing i never played the game so i dont know too well.
 Bountyjedi
09-13-2003, 3:13 AM
huh y do my images get links not images.

now i made them urls with their own text instead so it looks better.
 Andy867
09-13-2003, 4:26 AM
did you try using the [IMG] tag to get it to work?
Also, it could be because of the low post count.. Just make sure not to download the illegal warez, talk about it or do anything stupid like the past 30+ people that also had the beta, and you should be able to get the IMG tag to work in your signature eventually:)
 WaR_ShArK_aX
09-13-2003, 8:26 PM
Im looking forward to the release, it's about time someone made this model.
If you need any help lety me know I've done some skinning work in jk2+jk3.

P.s.
If I could make some minor suggestions:
-The arm fins need to be a bit rounder
-The coat ridges need to be a bit rounder too
-In KH seph had more humanish eyes. Although they were still true to the anime style they were scaled down and toned down a bit
-while you nailed the detail with the red pattern on the jacket front it should have more of a red tone to it
 WaR_ShArK_aX
09-16-2003, 8:34 PM
*Bump*
 -=NJO=-Drizzt
09-17-2003, 9:19 PM
Anyone know if there is an MS3d way to do this, I don't really like 3dsmax much. Its overly complicated.
 Kain
09-17-2003, 11:48 PM
I like the old 'not fancy' Sephiroth from FF7. But this one looks cool too.
 WaR_ShArK_aX
09-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Well if you like I could let a freind know and he might be able to help.
I can't promise that he will help but he does know modeling in and out.

Lemme repost these because a couple weren't very clear:

P.s.
If I could make some minor suggestions:
-The arm fins need to be a bit rounder
-The coat ridges need to be a bit rounder too (at the bottom, they didnt zigzag, the tips spiked then the inner cracks smoothed into a bit of an arc)
-In KH seph had more humanish eyes. Although they were still true to the anime style they were scaled down and toned down a bit
-while you nailed the detail with the red pattern on the jacket front it should have more of a red tone to it
 WaR_ShArK_aX
09-30-2003, 9:09 PM
Cmon guy, don't go MIA on me now :<
 Bountyjedi
10-03-2003, 11:32 AM
any1 who can do this thast what the model neeeds so long no1 has said theyre gonna do it
:bdroid2: some1 who can battle this prob:atat: :biggs: lol
 WaR_ShArK_aX
10-05-2003, 4:37 PM
Er, Wha?
 Bountyjedi
10-06-2003, 3:23 PM
im meaning he only got opnions on it no1 offered help
 WaR_ShArK_aX
10-11-2003, 7:43 PM
Looks like he burned out -.-
 Bountyjedi
10-12-2003, 10:25 AM
he will do it l8er he siad cuz now he knows how too do it he also started a new model KH cloud :)
 Teenwolf
11-01-2003, 5:58 AM
Dritz. I was the creatoor of this squall model (Click here for pic (http://www.seansweeney.4t.com/images/squall_new_1.jpg)) that never was released. It was never released because i made it using milkshape 3d same as you i believe.
There is a way to get it from milkshape to 3dsmax. But it will look really messed up. Seein it was messed up i didnt feel liek doin more work that i had allready done on mine.

But the way to do it is go to milkshape, Load your sephiroth, go to file then to export, then down to 3d studio ASC. That should do the trick. If it isnt the right onwe then try others but i know one works.

Good luck man
 -=NJO=-Drizzt
11-01-2003, 10:07 AM
I got it into max a while ago, never really used the program before think i'm getting the hang of it though. I'm not sure about how to make it work, I know I need skeleton and animations or something like that, but I'm not really sure how to add these things in after the model is made.
 Psyk0Sith
11-01-2003, 3:40 PM
eh you might want to check out my webpage, i have some helpful tutorials on how to do that stuff:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/)

Hope this helps
 WaR_ShArK_aX
11-01-2003, 7:19 PM
Basic information on the whole skeleton issue (you probably alreayd know most of this im just giving you what little knowledge I have on playermodels)

Tags to assign what animation goes where

Assimilate to add the skeleton/animations (I think)

I know it's not a lot but I'm kind of rushing at the moment. Drop me an email sometime I'd love to help out.
Page: 1 of 1