Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wolverine in JO

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI_Salvation
09-07-2003, 3:14 PM
Figured, nobody else has done it so why not:
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/12597.jpg)
Dont ask for release date....because i dont know :)
-S
 CraZy_B
09-07-2003, 3:29 PM
I'm not a fan of non SW related models but this looks great. Good luck JEDI_Salvation!
 Psyk0Sith
09-07-2003, 4:11 PM
Wow, good job!
 MagBag
09-07-2003, 6:19 PM
yes I saw that over at Massassi. It looks wonderful Jedi-Salv!:D
 ObiKast
09-07-2003, 8:08 PM
Awesome :eek:
 RaSiN_HeCk
09-07-2003, 11:45 PM
hell yes, Wolverine's my favorite, out of pretty much all of Marvel.

if you need help with skinning or something, beta testing even. I'll help. but I doubt you'll need any cause that Neo skin you did was very good and beyond my skills.

you going to make his Yellow and Blue suit and/or his Orange and Brown one?
 Zappa_0
09-08-2003, 1:38 AM
Wow I cant wait to see the finished model. The pic looks great keep up the good work!
 Crowy
09-08-2003, 1:43 AM
looks very nice i was worried it was gunna be the movie one... ive seen a guy down the street with bigger sideburns and boofier hair than hugh jackman!!!

and as someone asked earlier will it be the yellow and blue one or the brown and yellow? or both!?
 Wudan
09-08-2003, 12:01 PM
OT: you can delete your own posts, click EDIT then there's a delete checkbox and button, check the box, click the button, whammo - deleted!

Cool wolverine model, but I've come to appreciate Hugh Jackman as wolverine and the costume quite a bit more than the comic costume. It's just ... silly to wear tights. And the costume has no purpose, it seems to me like a feral beast like wolverine wouldn't find any need to wear such a gaudy and awful costume. A wolverine in a white bloodstained shirt and blue-jeans would be cool.
 JEDI_Salvation
09-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Well the way im planning on doing this model (if its possible) is to augment the face so he can have his mask on or off (modelers and skinners should know what im talking about) also the claws, shoulder pads and belt will be able to be turned on and off so that means.....drumroll....i will be doing both the yellow and blue as well as the orange costume both with mask on and off, annnnnnnnnnd thats not all, Ill probably throw in jeans and the wife beater t-shirt he always wears (at no extra cost!!!!)...ummm yeah well anyway, those are my plans, and quite frankly this model is going to be a b**ch to get done. So dont expect it anytime soon :)

-S

PS:> And its only silly to wear tights if youre not built as huge as comic book characters are...so that means anybody in real life wearing tights look like a fairy :D (though they got spiderman to work somehow...)
 inbredyokel
09-08-2003, 8:29 PM
Maybe this sounds a little far-fetched, but with Jedi Academy coming along with it's dual lightsabers, I wonder if there would be a way using a modification to have Wolverine's claws extend in place of lightsaber blades (or just have them appear on his hands, and use the dual saber acrobatics and damage model). It may look a little funny though, depending on how big the change in weapon position effects how the animations appear.
 The Cheat
09-08-2003, 10:21 PM
sweet looking model, love having more variety in the game models
 Miko Reglia
09-09-2003, 3:29 AM
woo, man salvy, you are one talented guy:)
 Wudan
09-09-2003, 4:24 PM
It's pretty cool that you plan on doing all of the above :)

I prefer the wife-beater. Go figure.
 Psynex
09-10-2003, 3:26 PM
I must agree; the model is looking very good.

Originally posted by inbredyokel
Maybe this sounds a little far-fetched, but with Jedi Academy coming along with it's dual lightsabers, I wonder if there would be a way using a modification to have Wolverine's claws extend in place of lightsaber blades (or just have them appear on his hands, and use the dual saber acrobatics and damage model). It may look a little funny though, depending on how big the change in weapon position effects how the animations appear.

I was just looking in the assets of the jedi academy demo and if you're used to editing for JO then the new features aren't all that difficult to figure out (I know that they're not all there yet, but it's a good glimpse).

Wolvies claws would be awesome. If you added them, then just made "invisible sabers" it would look llike he's fighting. That would be awesome.
 JEDI_Salvation
09-10-2003, 7:17 PM
Would it be possible to make glare trails off of his claws like the saber has trails? Any super talented modders out there? :D
 Psynex
09-10-2003, 7:37 PM
yea it should be. It won' look perfect (3 distinct blade trails) but it will be better then it looking like a blade trail. You would have to make a false light saber and position the blade tag just right...then edit the trail graphic to better fit wolvie. If you align the saber blade tag up with where his claws would be in space , then make the saber mesh so you can hide it (either by a transparent skin, or a surface file), then the trail will appear there.
 RaSiN_HeCk
09-10-2003, 9:11 PM
yeah but, if you did saber throw or something, he'd throw his claws. and I think you wouldn't exactly hit them withthe claws them selves, but the invisable beam aboce them.

but still, isn't quite Wolvie without claws.
 LightNinja
09-11-2003, 11:17 AM
wow, great job ;)
 Psynex
09-11-2003, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
yeah but, if you did saber throw or something, he'd throw his claws. and I think you wouldn't exactly hit them withthe claws them selves, but the invisable beam aboce them.

good point. I overlooked the saber throw. You would still see a spinning trail, but it would be hard to connect. Oh well, minor trade-off. If you know you want to play as Wolverine, don't use saber throw.
 Psynex
09-11-2003, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk

good point. I overlooked the saber throw. You would still see a spinning trail, but it would be hard to connect. Oh well, minor trade-off. If you know you want to play as Wolverine, don't use saber throw.
 ninja
09-11-2003, 10:42 PM
wow i really dig this. i look forward to seeing this one big time.
 Psynex
09-25-2003, 6:14 PM
Jedi_salvation: How's he coming along? I figured you could use my saber_claw hilt as a guide to making it look like wolvie has claws. You can also edit the sound so you get that nice Xmen cartoon SNiiiikkt!
 JEDI_Salvation
09-27-2003, 3:08 PM
Ive had to hold off on this model for the time being, i have a few projects that are ahead of this that require my attention...the first is getting my online portfolio designed and running so i can get out of the crappy stocking job im currently in, next is an alien model i started before Logan, then once that is complete, i will get back to everybodys favorite canadian :) be patient
-Salvy
 RaSiN_HeCk
09-28-2003, 4:56 AM
*counts on fingers* I'll say you'll be back to modelling Wolvie when everyone forgets about him = )

don't let it slide off your list buddy! and what Alien? an alien from the Alien movies?
 -=DarkZero=-
02-08-2004, 6:06 AM
We can't let this stuff die down, these are some of the best models we'll ever experience!
 Miko Reglia
02-08-2004, 7:27 AM
i think he'll finish this once hes done with the TMU mod...
 LightNinja
02-08-2004, 6:21 PM
i'd like to think that will be finished but it seems that its dead
 GothiX
02-09-2004, 7:58 AM
Salvy will finish it, it's not his style to do otherwise.
 Zappa_0
02-09-2004, 9:50 AM
I hope he does....this looks to be a real promising model for the game.
Page: 1 of 1