Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hair Animations ??

Page: 1 of 1
 Tesla
08-31-2003, 6:24 AM
Will there be hair animations, say like if you were female and had long hair will it like wave around as you ran ?
Or if your a T'wliek (sp) will the long things that, whatever there called, move around ?

If there not in JA, maybe they should consider these things for the next JK game. :)
 Javva the Hutt
08-31-2003, 7:28 AM
Those tail things are called lekku. FYI

And that would be really cool, but probably graphics heavy. Maybe the 9600pro card could handle that but a tnt2...no way.
I guess maybe it would depend on how accurately its done (accounting for wind direction/speed/gusts..etc) A simple movement could be handled by the minimal req graphics cards but the more precise you get the more graphics power youd need.
 Tyler_Durden
08-31-2003, 8:05 AM
from what i have seen there doesn't seem to be any hair animation. Also the choices for hair haven't been much it seems. Maybe someone could mod the game so the hair could move but.....
 StormHammer
08-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Well, it's hard to see in the trailers, but for the Twi'lek at least, the lekku don't appear to move. They just stretch a little bit to allow for the position of the character's head, but the ends don't go flopping around, and that's a bit disappointing. Although as stated above, the overhead on calculating their position (for realistic movement) would probably be prohibitive. Even so...a standard left/right motion would have sufficed.
 TiBo
08-31-2003, 12:38 PM
That would be cool, but it is most likely not gonna happen do to the wide range of graphics cards out these days.
 HaruGlory89
08-31-2003, 12:41 PM
I don't know, but for me gameplay>graphics
 Obi-Wan X
08-31-2003, 1:48 PM
Sadly we won't see it, but it seems to be done in such a way that it doesnt look crappy.

But im sure things such as ragdoll physics and model animations will be something we'll see in the future titles (on different engines more than likely).
 Dilandau-Sama
08-31-2003, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X
Sadly we won't see it, but it seems to be done in such a way that it doesnt look crappy.

But im sure things such as ragdoll physics and model animations will be something we'll see in the future titles (on different engines more than likely).
But, there is a ragdoll skeleton for JA.
Page: 1 of 1