Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Broken Sword: The Movie

Page: 1 of 1
 Joshi
08-22-2003, 7:05 PM
Rather than go to a BS forum where I dont know anyone and they probably already know about this, I though I'd chat it up with you guys here. So i'm reading my Total Film Magazine today with a nice pic of Angelina Jolie on the cover. Of course I never buy a mag for the pic, it's those funny symbols that interest me, some may call them letters. I'm reading about new movies just about to start in production and I come across one called National Treasure starring Nicolas Cage and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer (and with his resent POTC hit, it shouldn't be too hard). It's a comedy/action flick about Cage who goes off looking for the Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar. Sound familiar? Now this isn't completely based on the game and was probably actually based on the book more of, but hey, are we gonna get any closer?

Now Total Film gave POTC a 4 rating and the Matrix Reloaded 5 saying nothing will come close to being as good as The Matrix. This obviously shows that total Film is untrustworthy and so I looked up about this film and lo and behold, found this site (there are probably others, but this is the first one I found and I'm lazy)

http://www.filmjerk.com/nuke/article519.html)

Go here and check it out for yourself.
Peace
Neil
;)
 BooJaka
08-22-2003, 7:29 PM
I hate Bruckheimer!!!

I'm sorry. Just had to let that out.
 Joshi
08-22-2003, 7:34 PM
You have to admit though, POTC was pretty good. And dont start all that about it being an MI rip off.

Okay, Now I'm p****d off. After actually reading the synopsis of the movie on the link I showed you it seems they've completely butchered the historical facts of the Knights Templar and said the lost treasure is somewhere in america with a link to the declaration of independance, which was signed 460 years after the last Templar was burned at the steak (lets face it, Broken Sword was more historically accurate than this bloody lot) Yes, I also Hate Bruckheimer Now for americanising it too much. So you've got american actors, you could have at least have them travel to england to find the treasure instead of sitting smuggly at home. At lease frigging Stobbart travelled around a lot!

Now that that's out of my system, who else thinks this is complete s**t?
 Alien426
08-22-2003, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
...which was signed 460 years after the last Templar was burned at the steak
Hope the steak didn't get burned, it's gotta be bloooody!

I hate Nicolas Cage. So, OK, I loved Raising Arizona, but can't stand most of his other stuff.
 Joshi
08-22-2003, 8:04 PM
The historical facts of the knights templar are not that good at best. All we know about this excecution of the last Knight, Jaques de Molay, was that it was in fact a T-bone.

Lest face it, Con Air and Snake Eyes were not that good. And Con Air was also a Bruckheimer.
 BooJaka
08-22-2003, 8:17 PM
So were Pearl Harbour and Kangaroo Jack. Let's not forget them...
 Joshi
08-22-2003, 8:37 PM
Bruckheimer did Kangaroo Jack?! Okay, so any respect for him that I once had has now flown out the window and hit a pigeon.
 elTee
08-23-2003, 8:48 PM
Bruckheimer works on many many films every year. It should be noted that he writes none of them, nor directs non of them. If a film is good, its not because he's involved - the same if it's bad. He just produces. I know what a producer does, and I can't be bothered writing it all here - but basically, it is a very important role in the making of the film, but not generally in a creative capacity.
 Joshi
08-23-2003, 9:24 PM
Depends on the producer, some producers really like to get involved in the creative types of things. Look at matt Groening and David Cohen from Futurama, they actually sit with the writers and write a lot of the script and they're producers. But I see what you mean, just because he's a producer doesn't mean he's the one making good or bad movies, but he has been known to go closer to action movies in the past (with at least one good explosion in it, even POTC had it). And a lot of those movies were really bad with a few exceptions which I won't go into.

But basically, I really don't like the synopsis of 'National Treasure' here, just the whole americanisation of it makes it bad for me, be it a Bruckheimer or not. What do others think?
 scabb
08-23-2003, 9:48 PM
With Television shows, the Executive Producer is generally the big boss guy who all are answerable to. In movies, that role belongs to the director.

On another note, I'm glad that Futurama got killed off before it became truly bad.
 Oystein
08-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Bruckheimer is a very hands-on producer. He always makes the director add cheesy action sequences. You must remember that Michael Bay is his favourite director and that he usually hires directors who know nothing about plot and characters. POTC seems to be a change in the pattern though. But still, Bruckheimer will always be Bruckheimer.
 Joshi
08-24-2003, 3:23 PM
POTC was a change because Gore Verbinski got a bigger part to play as director and not much went to Bruckheimer. And scabb, i agree, futurama was going downhill fast. the first, second, and some of the third series was the best and funniest.
 BooJaka
08-24-2003, 5:53 PM
Although the more recent Futuramas were perhaps not the same quality as Series 3, they were still a damn lot better that the crapfest that is the more recent Simpsons episodes.
 Joshi
08-25-2003, 6:53 PM
From the newer series of futurama, I've seen the one where Fry 'dies' and they become superheroes. They both sucked just as much as the latter simpsons episodes (which have also been stopped, although in in their 'prime')
 ThunderPeel2001
08-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Simpsons stopped???
 Joshi
08-27-2003, 3:43 PM
They stopped making it because they couldn't think of anything else to write about. there'll be a few more episode (although there are dozens of episodes that haven't been aired yet) and then that's it, caput. Frankly, I'm in england, so I've got ages to go.
 pebsmith
08-28-2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
They stopped making it because they couldn't think of anything else to write about. there'll be a few more episode (although there are dozens of episodes that haven't been aired yet) and then that's it, caput. Frankly, I'm in england, so I've got ages to go.

You're not even close to being right. From the Simpsons Archive website:

"The recent contract with Fox will take The Simpsons at least through season 16 and May 2005, with Al Jean on the helm. The end isn't near for the show, as it was suggested last year by a misquoted Matt Groening."
 MrManager
08-28-2003, 4:58 PM
I think Neil's really talking about Futurama. Anyway, The Simpsons should have stopped production a season or so ago. Last season was horrible.
 Joshi
08-29-2003, 1:36 PM
Actually, I was talking about the simpsons, i hadn't heard that it was just a mis-comprehension of Greonings words. Not that I'm relieved or anything, like Remi, I'd prefer that they stop before they butcher the show completely.

Anyway, back on to topic anyone?
 Yufster
09-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Right after I say that the episode where Fry 'dies' is my favourite episode of Futurama, ever.
Page: 1 of 1