Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sabers

Page: 1 of 1
 ertani
08-21-2003, 3:28 PM
Is it better to use 1 or 2 sabers?
I have 2 hand fighting, and dueling up 2nd lvl. Does dueling work with 2 one handed weapons? Which will do more damage? Also, the critical strike crystal combo-is that better than a pure damage combo? What do you suggest I make as a dark jedi?
 Superjay421
08-21-2003, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by ertani
Is it better to use 1 or 2 sabers?
I have 2 hand fighting, and dueling up 2nd lvl. Does dueling work with 2 one handed weapons? Which will do more damage? Also, the critical strike crystal combo-is that better than a pure damage combo? What do you suggest I make as a dark jedi?

Well, there isn't really a "better." If you use two sabers, you take a penalty on your attack roll (modified by skills like Two-Weapon Fighting and by using a balanced weapon in your off-hand) but you gain an extra attack each round. If you only use one saber, you have a better chance of hitting, but you get less attacks per round. Increasing your two-weapon feats will reduce that penalty.

Dueling is the other end of the spectrum, and will ONLY work if you're using a single ONE-HANDED weapon. That means no rifles, staffs, or double-bladed melee weapons (including sabers). I *think* Dueling helps you by increasing your AC and attack roll when using a single one-handed weapon. I think - could be wrong.

Generally speaking, Two-weapon Fighting and Dueling are a 'one or the other' situation, really. You can go ahead and take both, but I don't know why a PC would go from using two single-handed weapons to one and back again, unless you just like that flexibility and find it useful for your character. Most of the time I choose to dual-wield or to invest in duelling, max one out, and don't spend anything on the other. Usually I use dual-wielding for characters who are focused on combat, and duelling to give a little protection to the characters who are not. That's just my personal tendency, though. You could just as easily have a melee powerhouse who was a duelist.

RE: Crystal combinations...in my limited experience, the critical strike combo is great if the PC emphasizes the Critical Strike attack. If you're not using it that much (or don't have any points in it), I'd go for the straight damage just for consistency. But if you do use Critical Strike a lot, that crystal combination (massive crits +2-12 and 2x crit range) can be pretty amazing.

As a dark Jedi, I suggest you do whatever appeals to you. It's totally a personal preference, but your choices should be consistent with the overall purpose or theme for that character. My scout / guardian is focused on lightsaber melee combat with an emphasis on speed and attack rate. I use Master Flurry and Jedi Speed (maxed) to give him three extra attacks per round and I do whatever I can to keep his attack bonus high. The more attacks you get, the more hits you'll score, and the damage will follow naturally. Dark Jedi Masters fall like wheat in autumn. ;)

hope this helps,
J.
 anup
08-21-2003, 6:20 PM
having 2 sabers is nice cause both sabers can have a total of 4 power crystals . But i seemed to get better results with a double-sided saber(with 2 power crystals)
 mccrapper
08-24-2003, 5:20 PM
double bladed sabers are my preference i have tried 2 sabers one normal saber and then short saber, my fav 2 hand style was saber echani foil blade that worked awesome :fett:
 anup
08-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Microsoft web says new content will be available in December. So what they are really saying is that about 3 months after that you will have new content.
 leodalyon073
08-29-2003, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by anup
Microsoft web says new content will be available in December. So what they are really saying is that about 3 months after that you will have new content.

lol sounds like my mom. if she says she'll be home at 1030 just expect 1045. Lol
 MasterTypoDemon
09-02-2003, 10:26 PM
i dont see how the last two have anything to do with saber colors.

but i like two sabers. strong arm - normal saber. weak arm - short saber. just think its cool like that. the short saber i have with the +5 blaster deflection crystal and the one good against droids (cant remember names of them). the regular saber i pump up with whatever gives me +6 attack.
Page: 1 of 1