Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why hear the History of the Sand People? [spoilers]

Page: 1 of 1
 Superjay421
08-19-2003, 3:02 PM
I helped the Sand People with the vaporators and pursued the "Worthy of History" conversation thread w/the chieftain. After getting the dragon pearl, I returned and took up that thread and was introduced to the Storyteller. I played through this agonizingly long and obnoxious conversation with the Storyteller (via HK) only to have it lead nowhere. WHY?? What is the point of this? Has anyone "completed" this quest and if so, what happens? I couldn't really go anywhere with it and it seemed like I gave up the pearl for no good reason...but there MUST be a reason, right? Or is it just one big joke?? (Either way I'd saved beforehand, so I just reloaded and kept the pearl, leaving that quest unfinished.)

J.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-19-2003, 6:41 PM
To gain greater knowledge. Which is the goal of all good Jedi. Or adversely, to gain a greater knowledge of your enemy, so that you can crush them more easily under your black boot.
 Superjay421
08-20-2003, 2:17 PM
So have you completed that quest or not?

I just don't see BioWare putting in a quest that doesn't go anywhere, that doesn't resolve anything, and that doesn't seem to have much point for anyone. Yeah, you've proved yourself a great warrior to the Sand People and you're deemed worthy to hear this long bizarre allegory...and then what? Maybe it is for "role-playing" purposes only, but that doesn't even make sense - there's no real role-playing in that whole quest, you're just listening to the Storyteller. Maybe the potential is in interrupting or questioning his story and to see what happens when you dishonor their history...

J.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-21-2003, 1:25 AM
I didn't. I left smoking boots were the cheiftain once stood. Then wiped them out... all of them.
 StarScream423
08-21-2003, 2:56 AM
I "accidentally" offended them, and they all killed me.

The whole point is to learn something about the SW universe. Didn't you ever wonder what Tatooine was like in the past, or where the Sand People and the Jawas originally came from? I did, but I guess that's because I'm one of those people who likes history. :D
 MasterTypoDemon
08-21-2003, 6:10 AM
its a planet of sand. and they tuskin raiders, or "bantha jockies" as i refer to them, killed Shmi.

if they don't help your rise to power, then they hurt your rise to power.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-23-2003, 10:27 PM
i sat through the story today. it was boring. i asked one stupid question and they sand people ended up attack me. stupid bantha jockies.

i'm still trying to figure it out as far as what you gain from it. if anyone else knows, let me know.
Page: 1 of 1