Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lamest SW moments

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
08-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Here is where you can post what things you think are lame in Star Wars. As great as Star Wars is it has its flaws. Ill start with the Max Rebo band scene in ROTJ. Man that was lame! :p
 leXX
08-19-2003, 3:45 PM
Fode and Beed were completely "lame".
 C Shutt
08-19-2003, 4:09 PM
Leia is Luke's sister? Bollocks.

And every single moment in Episodes I and II.
 Lynk Former
08-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Max Rebo's band was good in the original RotJ. In the special edition I wanted to kill them all.
 JediNyt
08-20-2003, 3:26 AM
I thought they were lame in both versions. But they were still funny.
 Lynk Former
08-20-2003, 4:56 AM
nah in the original they didn't try to glorify it, it was just some band playing music, it wasn't a whole freakin theatrical shot...
 wassup
08-20-2003, 5:41 AM
Any scene with Jar-Jar. Also I thought Episode II Yoda fight was lame because of its (short) length.
 Lynk Former
08-20-2003, 5:44 AM
...don't get started on Jar Jar
 rad-x
08-20-2003, 6:08 AM
The way Carrie Fisher's voice changes from Posh, English perhaps to 'Maybe you can help me?' (ROTJ to Wicket) in a sort of American twang. Boo! :mad:
 jedispy
09-17-2003, 4:34 AM
Lamest moments in SW:

*Yoda dying in ROTJ
*Kenobi letting himself get killed. Think about it, it was all for nothing. Vader was going to let them escape anyway. Waste of a perfectly good Jedi.
*The amount of times we return to Tatooine. It makes sense in ANH and ROTJ. But why did Anakin have grow up on Tatooine? LAMO!!!
*Stormtroopers missing. What the heck is up with that? I can see a few shots missing, but like on Cloud city one stormtrooper shoots at Chewie (who is carrying a dismantled droid) 4 times. Chewie turns around slowly and shoots him once. What the heck is the stormtrooper armor worth having anyway?
*Boba Fett dying. I don't mind that he died, but it was without seeing some real action. Sure we saw the jetpack, and he wrapped up Luke's arms in a cable. WHOOPTIE FRICKING DOO!!!!!
*Qui Gon saving Jar Jar's life twice.
*Casting a kid way to young to play Anakin in TPM. So we knew Jake Lloyd was 8. We Also knew Natalie Portman was 18. Anakin was supposed to be 10 and Padme was supposed to be 14. I can see Portman playing a 14 year old. But it just didn't work with Jake Lloyd.
The climactic scene in TPM where any footage other than the duel was shown. Come on!!! We've got a really awesome duel where one Sith is taking on a Jedi MASTER and a Padawan (who is practically a graduated Jedi Knight) while using a new lightsaber we've never seen before. Who really gives a crap about whatever else is happening in the movie? Does anyone care about the space battle? No. Does anyone care about the firefight in the palace? No. We wanna see the duel!!!!
 Shado Vorn
10-14-2003, 9:27 AM
Young Boba's laughter in Episode II. I love Boba and Jango, but Boba as a child annoys me to no end. Not nearly as much as the mere sight of Jar Jar, though. I still curse the day that he was introduced into the world of Star Wars.
 op087
11-01-2003, 11:21 PM
the scene in Ep II with c3po in the droid factory. I didnt find it amusing at all.
 Master William
11-02-2003, 12:08 AM
You with the Yoda avatar... Take a chill pill damn it. It seems to me you're way to picky. Let me guess, you're over 30, and you hate communism? You play Star Wars Galaxies too, don't you? ;)
 lukeiamyourdad
11-02-2003, 1:52 AM
What does that have to do with anything?
Anyway...

Originally posted by jedispy
Lamest moments in SW:

1*Yoda dying in ROTJ
2*Kenobi letting himself get killed. Think about it, it was all for nothing. Vader was going to let them escape anyway. Waste of a perfectly good Jedi.
3*The amount of times we return to Tatooine. It makes sense in ANH and ROTJ. But why did Anakin have grow up on Tatooine? LAMO!!!
4*Stormtroopers missing. What the heck is up with that? I can see a few shots missing, but like on Cloud city one stormtrooper shoots at Chewie (who is carrying a dismantled droid) 4 times. Chewie turns around slowly and shoots him once. What the heck is the stormtrooper armor worth having anyway?
5*Boba Fett dying. I don't mind that he died, but it was without seeing some real action. Sure we saw the jetpack, and he wrapped up Luke's arms in a cable. WHOOPTIE FRICKING DOO!!!!!
6*Qui Gon saving Jar Jar's life twice.
7*Casting a kid way to young to play Anakin in TPM. So we knew Jake Lloyd was 8. We Also knew Natalie Portman was 18. Anakin was supposed to be 10 and Padme was supposed to be 14. I can see Portman playing a 14 year old. But it just didn't work with Jake Lloyd.
8The climactic scene in TPM where any footage other than the duel was shown. Come on!!! We've got a really awesome duel where one Sith is taking on a Jedi MASTER and a Padawan (who is practically a graduated Jedi Knight) while using a new lightsaber we've never seen before. Who really gives a crap about whatever else is happening in the movie? Does anyone care about the space battle? No. Does anyone care about the firefight in the palace? No. We wanna see the duel!!!!

1-He was old...so he died...I don't how that can be lame?

2-He was old and worthless. Besides, how could he know that Vader was gonna let them go?

3-It makes sense to relate the place that Luke was raised with the place that his father was.

4-If the Stormtrooper didn't miss, all the heroes would be dead and there wouldn't be any story to tell.

5-He was nevertheless, a minor caracter. He died a quick death...that all...

6-no comment

7-It would be weird if someone older played him. He wouldn't look young enough. Still it's a lot better then if it was Haley Joel Osmond...

8-Yes we do care about the rest of the stuff. Like we cared as much about the Ewoks down on Endor, the Rebel Fleet battling the Imperial one and the Luke vs Vader final duel.
 Bob Gnarly
11-02-2003, 3:02 PM
Qui Gon dieing.
 BawBag™
11-18-2003, 3:07 PM
Anything related to Jar-Jar Binks.

Episode II.
 DarthBudzy
11-21-2003, 9:46 PM
You know which part I hated the most out of the entire Star Wars saga?

The part where it ended. it was all so good, I hated to see it end.
 Joetheeskimo
11-23-2003, 6:12 PM
Qui-Gon dying. Come on, he's the best Jedi Master of them all!

Obi-Wan jumping through the window. It was sorta cool, but he's not invincible. He just glances over at the droid and smashes through this solid glass without a thought. :rolleyes:
 MasterN64
12-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Lamest moments in SW:

*Kenobi letting himself get killed. Think about it, it was all for nothing. Vader was going to let them escape anyway. Waste of a perfectly good Jedi.

I disagree. Master Kenobi died and became one with the Force. Remember on the attack on thefirst Death star? Obi told him to trust his feelings and see what happened? Kaboom! Ben figured he could help Luke more if he were one with the Force.

Back to the subject. I thought Ep2 in general was on the lame side.
 Joetheeskimo
12-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mastern64

Back to the subject. I thought Ep2 in general was on the lame side.

IMHO, I think all the movies were pretty bad except for Ep2.
 Kain
12-02-2003, 3:40 AM
*clears throat*

I killed them! I killed them all! Their animals! And I killed them like animals! Not just the men...but the women and the children! I hate them!

*gag*
 leXX
12-02-2003, 7:42 AM
Shwa?! That's my favourite quote from AOTC. Such hate, you can see the dark side starting to build up in Anakin. I love it.
 C'jais
12-02-2003, 5:48 PM
*Kenobi letting himself get killed.

Odd, I thought it was one of the coolest moments in the saga. Way to preserve character as well.

*Stormtroopers missing. What the heck is up with that? I can see a few shots missing, but like on Cloud city one stormtrooper shoots at Chewie (who is carrying a dismantled droid) 4 times. Chewie turns around slowly and shoots him once. What the heck is the stormtrooper armor worth having anyway?

Dude, check out Indiana Jones, heck any pulp movie. SW isn't exactly known for gritty, hard sci-fi.

My reply:

Endor. All of it, except where Luke confronts Vader in the AT-AT (where it got some of the TESB'ian seriousness back). Ewoks, self-destructing AT-ST's, pathetic Stormtroopers and slapstick humour - Endor had it all.
 Kain
12-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Shwa?! That's my favourite quote from AOTC. Such hate, you can see the dark side starting to build up in Anakin. I love it.

It wasn't so much the line, as it was the acting. So...ugh!
 leXX
12-03-2003, 9:11 AM
Meh, Hayden did a great job of the acting, especially that speech, and I think he did extremely well throughout considering some of the lines he had to deliver.
 |GG|Carl
12-23-2003, 3:19 PM
Originally said by whats-her-name, episode II
"The day we stop believing in democracy, is the day we lose it"

I thought that one was kinda... :snear:
Page: 1 of 1