Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spoiler...What is different if you play as a female

Page: 1 of 1
 sirdank
08-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Spoiler
Just wondering if anyone one knows what is different in the game if you play as a female. I have jst finished the game as a Soldier/Guardian light side and want to try something else. I am playing through as Dark side but want to know how for instance the love thing between Bastilla your character changes when your character is female??? Please someone help!!!
:confused:
 DarthBlood
08-18-2003, 10:55 PM
its very simple in truth. the romance switchs you and bastila(male), to you and carth(female) or so i have heard. by the is it just me or dose anyone else hate carth.

:rock: :smilsab

:mauls: :wan:

:flamethro :devburn:

:vamp1:

:sithm:

:lsduel:
 MasterTypoDemon
08-18-2003, 11:57 PM
i hate his whiney ass too. though once you get him buffed up with feats and give him two blasters, he aint that bad. still dont like him though.

and as far as with being female in the game. supposedly, you have more influence over males in conversations. like you have more persuade points or something. though i havent seen anything like that.
 Hannibal
08-19-2003, 1:50 PM
If you hate Carth then you should definitely play as an evil female character.
You get to kill him. :D
 Superjay421
08-19-2003, 3:07 PM
The romance obviously changes to Carth (who right off the bat acts totally different, not nearly as bitchy or whiney as he is early in the game) and the Bastila subplot changes up. I also noticed some sidequests differ slightly, like the Sith party on Taris - you strike up a conversation with the male Sith soldier in the cantina, not the female one...though you do get a chance to bribe the female Sith into giving you some Sith uniforms on the sly. I think she wants 200 for them, but it's obviously cheaper to go to the party (after being invited by the male Sith) and get them for free. I assume some other side quests would change (I'm not that far with the girl) but overall it looks pretty much the same.

J.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-19-2003, 6:33 PM
as a guy, you can strike up a conversation with a chick sith and get invited to her apartment for a kegger. then steal her uniform when she passes out. i wish you could do more to em when they are passed out. like write obscene things on their faces (ahhh, college was a blast).
 Allronix
08-20-2003, 4:52 AM
Well, being a real-life gamer gal, I did go in for a female character. I really like the fact that the PC is realistically-proportioned and tastefully dressed. It's minor, but still nice to acknowledge that women play these things, too.

1) The Carth romance - Fine by me! I'm "equal opportunity" when it comes to drooling, but Bastila annoys me! She's an arrogant hypocrite who looks down her nose at the PC and the reast of the party.

You and Carth infiltrate gangs, steal swoop parts, enter a dangerous race, and brawl the leader of the Black Vulkars to save her sorry hide, and Bastila just keeps her nose in the air and doesn't even acknowledge that she really did need the help.

OTOH, I'm a fan of Carth. Ordinary Republic soldier who's lost it all at the hands of the Sith. A genuinely nice guy, but Saul's double-cross and the loss of his whole life...well, can't blame the bloke for having trust issues. A little patience goes a long way with him.

2) Minor things, like a male Sith hitting on you in the bar and inviting you to the kegger. also in Davik's setates, the slaves ask "wouldn't a male slave better suit your needs?"
 MasterTypoDemon
08-20-2003, 9:03 AM
the thing i hate about playing as a female, is the way she moves. while walking, does she have to wiggle her butt like a french maid? then when she runs, it looks like she's leaping. and when they stand, do they need to rest on one hip? i'm sure most females dont do these things in real life.

although it is nice to see covered up type females in games. except when i was punishing bastila cause she pissed me off. i sold her lightsaber and robes to a vendor and had her run around tatooine in her undies! that'll teach her to run from combat!
 Superjay421
08-20-2003, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by Allronix
Well, being a real-life gamer gal, I did go in for a female character. I really like the fact that the PC is realistically-proportioned and tastefully dressed. It's minor, but still nice to acknowledge that women play these things, too.

Yeah, I appreciated that too, and I'm glad the game changes slightly depending on the PC's gender. But it's just poor form for Bioware to claim that you can choose between six different characters when really you're only choosing b/w three different classes. (Saw that on some write-up or game packaging, I think.)

1) The Carth romance - Fine by me! I'm "equal opportunity" when it comes to drooling, but Bastila annoys me! She's an arrogant hypocrite who looks down her nose at the PC and the reast of the party.

Yeah, she starts out that way, but it only makes it more fun when she mellows out and starts to admit that she's attracted to you and depends on you. Carth was just so obnoxious (to a male PC) that I ditched him as soon as I could. He does chill out later as you progress his subplot, and he's definitely great with a few pistols in hand...

J.
 Hannibal
08-20-2003, 2:36 PM
It's funny, as a guy Carth is annoying but as a girl(like Allronix showed us) Bastila is obnoxious.

Sounds like Bioware did a good job to me. :)
 MasterTypoDemon
08-21-2003, 1:36 AM
I would have liked more options as who could be in the group or not. It'd been cool to be able to pick up a couple characters from every world. Have like 15-20 available characters but only 9 slots so we'd have to choose the best ones to help us.
Page: 1 of 1