Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Each Episode vs the other

Page: 1 of 1
 rad-x
08-14-2003, 8:53 AM
In this thread, we say what our favourite SW movies are like this...

1 - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (Best)
2 - ATTACK OF THE CLONES
3 - A NEW HOPE
4 - RETURN OF THE JEDI
5 - THE PHANTOM MENACE (Worst)

That is mine. It took me a long time to decide, but to be honest Episode II was incredibly fun and Episode IV was often stilted... I would be lying if I thought Episode II was a better movie, but it was just good plain fun.
 Sivy
08-14-2003, 9:23 AM
ESB - love most
AOTC
TPM
ROTJ
ANH - love least

i predict that ep III will either be first or second - i think it will be better than AOTC, but i'm not sure if it will beat ESB.
 Lynk Former
08-14-2003, 2:00 PM
ESB - Best
AOTC
ROTJ
ANH
TPM - Worst

only thing that i really liked about TPM was the lightsaber action
 Redwing
08-14-2003, 2:03 PM
Hm...for me, it's different depending on which elements of the move you're comparing. All had their strong points...all had weak points
 Lynk Former
08-14-2003, 2:09 PM
that's why you gotta weigh it all out in your mind, some have more strong points than the others
 ZBomber
08-16-2003, 2:52 PM
ROTJ - Best (Jabba's Palace was great, another twist no one predicted that involved Leia. ;))
ESB (Great twist to the movie. No one expected that. ;))
ATOC (Love scenes were crap. No one wants to see Anakin *crying* :rolleyes:
TPM (That bad-ass saber fight made up for Anakin and Jar Jar)
ANH- Worst (Not much action. Still was an OK Movie)
 topshot
08-16-2003, 6:15 PM
What he said. :p *Points to above post.*
 pleto4_ryan
08-16-2003, 7:59 PM
I cannot compare the parts cause i can't :p
They are all part of a BIG story....Each is a special chapter.....I just cannot differ them :D
 lukeiamyourdad
08-16-2003, 8:21 PM
1. RotJ: Greatest Space battle and golden bikini...you get the picture
2. ANH: Hey it started everything.
3. ESB: Greatest plot twist in the history of history.
4. TPM: Greatest Lightsaber battle with the best Star Wars song to go with it.
5. AotC: I hate watching pissed off teenagers...

The only thing that could have saved AotC from being last on my list would have been some Padmй action :naughty:

I mean she did want to make Anakin feel better...
 ZBomber
08-16-2003, 9:17 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
1. RotJ: Greatest Space battle and golden bikini...you get the picture
2. ANH: Hey it started everything.
3. ESB: Greatest plot twist in the history of history.
4. TPM: Greatest Lightsaber battle with the best Star Wars song to go with it.
5. AotC: I hate watching pissed off teenagers...

The only thing that could have saved AotC from being last on my list would have been some Padmй action :naughty:

I mean she did want to make Anakin feel better...

How do we know that there wasn't any action? She goes to sit beside him, than it gets cut off..... :p
 lukeiamyourdad
08-16-2003, 9:24 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
How do we know that there wasn't any action? She goes to sit beside him, than it gets cut off..... :p

:lol: True true!!! Really true!
 rad-x
08-20-2003, 6:12 AM
Return of the Jedi was lame.
 leXX
08-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Hard, very hard.

AOTC
ESB
ROTJ
TPM
ANH

I don't care what anyone says, AOTC rocks!
 C Shutt
08-20-2003, 11:29 AM
1 - The Empire Strikes Back
2 - A New Hope
3 - Return of the Jedi

I can't decide which of the two prequels I hate more, they're both equally awful.
 jedispy
09-10-2003, 5:13 AM
Thus Far:
1. ESB
2. AOTC
3. ROTJ
4. ANH
5. TPM

The more and more I see TPM, the more I like it. It could be that it grows on you. It could also be that each time I hear "yousa" and "meesa" my nerual synapses become more numb than before. Seriously though, after seeing AOTC, I can go back and say that TPM was not that bad. I think we can all agree that AOTC definitely redeemed Lucas after TPM. However I disagree with Carl Shutt. AOTC was an awesome flick. The battle scenes were more like what you would see in a war documentary. You feel like you are a part of the action (kind of like the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan.) I agree that TPM was weak, but AOTC made up for that weakness.

I'm honestly hoping that Episode 3 will be the best one ever. We need to see some good dark side Anakin moments. The beauty of it is that he should actually be Darth Vader before the incident that puts him in the suit. I predict that we will see Darth Vader as we know him (in the mask and suit) only in the final moments of EP3.

Jedispy
 Snafu7
09-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Episode II(Best)
Episode I
Episode VI
Episode V
Episode IV

I liked Episode II alot because mostly the Battle on Geonosis, and SW ANH really wasn't that great, I mean it was ok, but definately not my fav. I can't wait till Episode III, too bad it comes out in 2005 :(
 CCKieran
09-12-2003, 3:35 AM
RotJ:deathii:
AotC:syoda:
TPM:darth:
ESB:atat:
ANH:deathstar

RotJ has always been my favourite, since I saw it when I was about 4. Probably something to do with the Battle of Endor.
Attack of the Clones and A New hope, I liked the battle scenes from Attack of the Clones, esp. the geonosis- jedi vs droids one.
The Phantom Menace is here for one reason and one reason only- the duel of the fates. Not just the music, the actual duel as well.
The Empire Strikes back and A New Hope were tricky, because they both have great storyline, and neither has the advantage of awesome battle scenes made with technology years past the other. In the end, Boba Fett and Hoth put ESB above ANH.
Page: 1 of 1