Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Overall best armor w/addons and saberS??

Page: 1 of 1
 TheChosenOne-
08-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Which armor is the best???Regardless of Sith or Jedi,we all have our favorite ones,favorite combos,favorite team members.Fetts armor is +10 but can it be upgraded??My current armor i got up to 13 +1.But i know there are better armors and higher upgrades.But sabers--6 +31,i know there has to be better combos.-crystal,color,power.What did you guys use or are currently using???Maybe we all can help each other out or give each other ideas.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-13-2003, 12:31 AM
I use Jumanji (Juhani) and Canderous. I dont like Carth cause he's a whiney-bitch. I dont care for droids. Bastilla runs from combat (no kiddin she does). Mission and Zaalbar arent any help. Sometimes I switch one of the two main guys out for Jolee cause of his healing ability.

As for lightsabers, I have two. One normal (strong arm) and on short (weak arm), one red and one blue. Gives it a police feel. Currently they are at: 12-27 and 10-24 (i think). I keep playing around with the crystals. Whats the best combo?

Armor wise, myself and the other jedi all have Bandon's Fiber Armor. I give much thanks to the Manaan Glitch for that. And Canderous and Carth both have Cassus' Armor and Pistol. Then Carth has his pistol and Canderous has the GenoHaradan Blaster. All characters have the GenoHaradan Power Gloves (power +4), the CNS Strength Enhancer (power and saves +2), and Brejik's and Echani Dueling Shields.

Thats about it really. Just kinda having fun now. Not really trying to beat the game. Making sure I get all the side missions done on Korriban and Manaan right now. Done with Dantooine, Tatooine, and Kashyyyk. You?
 TheChosenOne-
08-18-2003, 9:44 PM
I found it better you use a team of jedi.I got the Calo armor but i upgraded it to 12 +1,but some of the force powers don't work while I'm wearing it.The mandarian heavy armor is 13.But some powers don't work while wearing it.I got catgirl and B's double edge sabers to 6-30,and 5 /29,it helps them alot.
I want a strong cool looking armor that allows ALL force powers to work while wearing it.
 boinga1
08-18-2003, 9:59 PM
Originally posted by TheChosenOne-
I found it better you use a team of jedi.I got the Calo armor but i upgraded it to 12 +1,but some of the force powers don't work while I'm wearing it.The mandarian heavy armor is 13.But some powers don't work while wearing it.

Yes, that's the reason ALL chars don't wear armor...it blocks some force usage. Please understand this is not a feature unique to the armor types you refer to-all armor is like this. Unless you count Jedi robes as armor.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-18-2003, 11:59 PM
i dunno, i leveled up Bastila with armor ability and she looks pretty cute in Cassus Fett's Armor :D
 TheChosenOne-
08-20-2003, 1:30 AM
But can you upgrade the fett armor and does force powers work while wearing it??
 MasterTypoDemon
08-20-2003, 2:38 AM
yes you can upgrade it and no, like all other armor, force abilities dont work. but if you level them up right with the right feats, force abilities are sometimes not needed.

-- :cheers: WooHoo! 50 Posts! :cheers: --
 Superjay421
08-20-2003, 2:47 PM
Right now I'm usually using HK and Bastila, though I sometimes take Jolee in HK's place, or possibly Mission if I need thieving skills. HK is great, I love his character...all his dialog cracks me up. One great moment was when I was trying to persuade Motta Hutt on Tatooine and couldn't, even when I threatened - Motta just blew me off, saying he was safe and I couldn't get away with anything. Then HK stepped up and intimidates the Hutt and scares him into going along with my wishes.

For weaponry, my Scout / Guardian is going full out melee power -my PC never uses anything but his two full-size violet sabers. (I don't bother with the short off-hand b/c the attack bonus is negligible at higher levels.) I don't remember the current crystal configuration, but I've got one saber that emphasizes critical hits - has the gems that double your critical range and add massive criticals (+2-12 damage per crit) and another that adds +4 to hit and 1-6 extra energy damage (I think...I could be wrong here).

I don't remember his exact stats, but I think he's around +17 / +19 to hit, and around 10-34 / 12 - 36 damage apiece. I've emphasized speed and attack rate for him - between Master Flurry and Jedi Master Speed (2x move rate, +2 attacks/round, and +4 AC), I get a ridiculous amount of attacks each round. Usually I open up combat with Force Leap to the first opponent, and the normal guys tend to die before I've even completed the attacks for that round. Other Jedi powers are Master Shield (+6 AC), Adv Lightsaber Throw, Force Resistance, and one or two others...all focused on buffing and improving his melee skills. Feats include lightsaber specialization and lots of melee skills - flurry, crit strike, power attack, etc.

For armor he's using the Dark Jedi Master robes (+3 AC / +8 max Dex bonus). I never use armor as it interferes with all of the Force powers he's chosen. (And with Jedi Speed and Force Armor, he's getting a +10 to AC before any significant combat anyway.) All of my Jedi wear robes, incidentally. However, Jolee gets a better AC than me even though his Dex is the same and he's wearing Jedi Master robes (also +3 AC). His Jedi Sense power is higher than mine, but not enough to account for the entire difference in his AC. I'm irritated with that and have been unable to figure out how it's happening.

It's sick that I haven't even owned this game for a week yet. :D

J.
 MasterTypoDemon
08-21-2003, 1:39 AM
No kiddin? A whole week. I've bet you've played like 48+ hours already though.
 Superjay421
08-21-2003, 5:22 PM
Yeah, got it last Friday and I've probably logged about 45 hours so far. I'm on Korriban now (having finished all other planets) and I'm already planning my dark side character.

Addiction, anyone? :)

J.
 commodorj
08-22-2003, 12:53 AM
I found the best armor, at least for my light side jedi to be the Qel Droma Robes. They work extremely well.
 sk8master
08-22-2003, 7:14 PM
[i]
I give much thanks to the Manaan Glitch for that. [/B]

what is the mannan glitch, and how do all ur chars have the same thing?
 TheChosenOne-
08-22-2003, 10:09 PM
----- I found the best armor, at least for my light side jedi to be the Qel Droma Robes. They work extremely well.------

Where ae they???How did you get them???
 Endar
08-22-2003, 10:14 PM
Korribean, Valley of the Dark Lords, 2nd tomb on the right, if I remember correctly.
 Fafnir
08-23-2003, 3:46 AM
HK-47 is so funny. I take him with me everywhere I go, just on the chance that he will intertect in a conversation and give his point of view.

Keep him in your party!!
Page: 1 of 1