Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The new Fixes due to release this week

Page: 1 of 1
 Azuule
08-12-2003, 7:34 PM
Ok, I have seen what they posted as the fixes coming over from the test server, over all im pretty impressed with the amount of content, slightly scared as I'm on dial up, but what the hey... A couple things that bug me though, and I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly, is the line that says that vendors will have a cap on what you can sell an item for. I don't like this as it's a way for the game Dev's to control the economy. I thought we were suposed to dictate the economy??? Also the availability to share rights in a house, as in pick up and drop off or admin rights in another persons house, this was not addressed. I have heard that it was an item they are looking to fix but has anyone seen this in writing in a forum or in an interview with a SOE member. Is this item a priority for people or is it looked at as a nice to have and will get fixed when they get around to it. The only reason this bugs me is that I, as well as some of my friends travel a lot, and we had planned to keep up eachothers houses while out on business. One bud as been gone for about 9 days, and just 5 days after he left his house disapeared. Well there is his house sign there but that is all. We don't know if this is a bug or was due to lack of maintenance.

Sorry to bable, just curious on a couple items of interest in the Dev arena.

Az
 Jan Gaarni
08-12-2003, 8:20 PM
I agree fully on both accounts.

That's pretty much all I have to say right now. :)

Granted, there's some pretty insane prices developing for some of these things.
I mean, come on, a large house for 150,000 Cr?!?
They can produce the house for 10 times LESS than that.
I see a market here for someone else that have the prices alittle more realistic if you ask me. :)

Also, I got offered yesterday a Scout Blaster with like 70 DPS.
Max/min damage was around 206/60, and speed was sliced down to 1.9 I think.
Anyways, the guy wanted 10,000 Cr for it.
I almost uttered the sentence: "10,000?!? I can almost buy my own ship for that!" :D

And he hadn't even made the gun, he had just gotten the speed sliced.

Anyway, while the gun is great (more than great), no gun that size is worth 10 grand. :) No matter how good it is.

Should have tried to get him down to 5-6 or maybe even 7,000, but I was in a rush. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I guess I had alittle more to say, but this does not mean I agree that there should be a cap on how much you can charge something in vendors. That's just silly.
 Jo
08-12-2003, 9:16 PM
I think they just pushed it in..cause i got it updating, wont be done for about 1 hour and 40 mins...darn the downfalls of dial up..oh well. Anyway, i to find some of the prices outragous..especially the houses, weapons, and armor. I've been lucky enough to get all my armor and guns fairly cheap. I mean, if people keep chargin 56k for a medium naboo house(saw that yesterday) can you imagine what speeders and swoop bikes will be when they come out.
 Jan Gaarni
08-12-2003, 11:42 PM
56,000 Cr for a medium house isn't all that bad. I've seen worse.
Though you can get one for around 44,500 from Corzip (starsider). :)
 Fairborne
08-13-2003, 4:34 PM
Okay, now I'm not an architect, but in reply to the costs of houses. It takes the following resources to make a large generic house: 500 Aluminum, 2 Amorphous Gem, 530 Carbonate, 50 Chemical, 254 Copper, 7 Inert Gas, 25028 Ore, 9926 Metal, 400 Non-Ferrous Metal, 8 Polymer, 200 Reactive Gass, 229 Steel for a total # of resources of 37134.

At a cost of 3 per which is considered a good price by most for resources, that comes to 111402 credits to make just for resources. Throw in the time it takes to make the house and I see no problem whatsoever with a price tag of 150k cr for a large house.

Now, were ye to complain about the cost for resources since I have yet to be able to acquire, without special contacts, resources for less than 4 per, I'd be right there with you.
 Elochewob
09-10-2003, 11:35 AM
You should come to my vendor I sell resources in quantities of 1000 most for 3 credits per unit.

Naritus, Tatooine, South Of Espa,
Elochewob.
 Weestals Brew
09-10-2003, 5:28 PM
I know prices seem high for stuff somtimes. Dont buy it if its too expenisive! Geez people. If the seller doesnt sell it for that price, then he may deside to sell it for less. What kills me is that there are people out there that sell for NOTHING. Totally ruining the economy by doing this. Large houses for 150? Well, the maker wants to make about 40k off the deal. It takes tons of resourses and time to make. And if you have ever crit'ed a large anything, thats a bunch of time and money down the drain. Also it takes a Master, thus he has spent some time in this game.
Its a free star wars world and people can sell at any price they wish. If its to expensive for you, DONT BUY IT.
Page: 1 of 1