Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Malak Battle [spoilers]

Page: 1 of 1
 Nehkara
08-11-2003, 11:23 PM
I simply can't beat him... is there any tips or hints that I could use?

Thanks in advance for any help.
 Chrono2x
08-12-2003, 12:26 AM
i'm having the same problem against him

but i do know that if you are a dark side character it is a little easier if you use the same power against the captive jedi that malak uses
 anup
08-12-2003, 5:14 PM
Just cause u play the game on the light side doesn't mean u cannot have darkside powers . I used kill as a light side jedi and did not receive any darkside points . If you do not have those powers i can see how it would be pretty hard to beat malak. I tried many time to beat him without touching the the jedi in the tubes .... no luck with that. I would suggest to have many life support packs . the heal will deplete your force pretty fast . armor yourself as much as u can and if at all possible use the knight speed . it will help hit many more times than normal . the encani dueling shield is very good. you can always pause the game and use the life support packs from your items , so as soon as u un-pause the charater will use the pack ..... frees up sometime.
 Tarrche Brigand
08-12-2003, 10:32 PM
You can take them out with force breach if you don't want to use a dark side specific power. You won't get any of their energy though.
 StarScream423
08-13-2003, 3:18 AM
Malak is easy, if you are light, use saber throw to destroy the imprisoned jedi(if you have that power) if dark, use drain to suck the power out for yourself(if you have that power).

Also, don't bother with force heal, use life-support and advanced medpacs, I had 22 or the former and 40+ of the latter which I was using, half the time I wasn't even destroying the jedi, eventually around with 3 left I did, but I still beat him on my first try by using items.

Stimulants and Master Speed are very good too, combined with Flurry may help(I don't know, I didnt get it). I hadn't used a single stimulant yet, or a medpac after I got force heal, I used everything I had on Malak, just throw it all at him, it's your last battle anyways. ;)
 GothicSith
08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Perhpas its my idiocy at work here, but I can't seem to engage the tubed Jedi. When I approach it does not give me the option to use any force powers. The only one available is Force Heal, which of course does nothing. Am I to believe that I'm not stong enough to face Malak and start all over again? That wouldn't be a bad thing since this is one of the best games I've ever played.

Here are the Force Powers I have:

Saber Throw (Level 1)
Lightning (Level 1)
Stasis Field (level 2)
Wirlwind (level 2)

(I have others but for droids only)

The reason for such low powers is that I basically hardly did any side quest. That was big mistake, it seems. I should have done so in order to build my character to better fight Malak. But what can I do with what I have? How can I engage the Tubes?
 dr_dohh
08-14-2003, 12:51 AM
you gotta wait until the fight stops. malak's gonna talk about how he uses the captive jedi to beat em. so before you kill the jedi, you gotta make sure you hurt malak first. then destroy them. use your throw saber powers.

god, i hate fighting with him, i get stunned most of the time. hard as hell.
 StarScream423
08-14-2003, 3:31 AM
You must be looking in the wrong area, if you are looking at force heal, that is in the defensive force power square, the one beside it is the offensive one, also make sure that you are a good distance away from the target, or else saber throw won't work.
 Jedi Guardian
08-17-2003, 1:28 AM
I'm in the same position. I've tired countless times and I still can't find a way to beat him. I think I chose my feats and powers unwisely. What has worked fairly well against him in my case are adhesive grenades and thermal detonators. Pretty simple. When he's stuck you can get off a couple detonators and it does some fair damage. Then just throw another and repeat. I don't think he uses force powers much when you do this. Just stay close enough to him so he can't use force jump. This hasn't completely worked for me because I don't have enough adhesives and detonators to beat him, I need to find other means. I gave my best saber to Juhani, which sucks because I can't use it now. And my force powers suck. I don't know if I have the means to destory the Jedi that Malak feeds off.

By the way, I'm up to about 45 hours, which seems to be about average. Yet, I don't think I'm up to my full potential. I'm a level 12 Light Jedi Gaurdian/level 8 Scoundrel. I've got 236,000 experience. And my powers are:
Heal
Knight Valor
Resistence
Stasus Field
Choke
Deathfield
Push

Shouldn't I have a little more than that? Shouldn't my level be higher? I've done most of the sidequests.

Thanks for the help, hopefully I've helped as well.
Page: 1 of 1