Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Edge of Hope - Episode 1 - Tower Saga

Page: 1 of 1
 S1DC
08-07-2003, 4:53 PM
Ok, folks, here is how this particular RP is going to work. rules, blah blah blah...

SETTING:
Modern Day
Large industrial park
Starts off at night

TECHNOLOGY ALLOWED:
Anything that obviously exisits, or you can prove via a link that it exists.

RP TECNIQUES ALLOWED:
One character only, holding a realistic number of items or objects. No super-beings are allowed, it is assumed you are just a normal human being. Strength limits are set to 300lbs, 400lbs when experiancing an adrenaline rush, 500lbs when on level one steroids, 700lbs when on level two steriods. During the use of steroids, however, the player is assumed to be incoherent and cannot communicate with anyone for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the player falls alseep and remains asleep until someone wakes them up (kicks them, pushes them, something pysical. Loud noises do not count).

STORYLINE SO FAR:
All the characters in the game find themselves in a large industrial complex, made up of five buildings surrounding a large courtyard. There is a high wall around the complex (30ft), topped with barbed wire. On the other side of the wall, 20ft away, is a second and identical wall. Between the two is a mixture of gases, including Halon. Breathing the Halon is instantly deadly, and due to Halon's characteristics, gas masks do not protect for longer than sixty seconds or so.

Each building has a purpose and specifc reason for existing. two of them are warehouses, which store various things. Another is a hospital. Another is a barracks. The last if the five is a tall tower, withou doors or windows, that reaches 95' at its top. It is 24' wide and long, and has no features at all.

All the players are intensely afraid when the game starts, having just experianced some halucenations from the drugs used to capture them. Everyone is on edge.

No one has anything on them at all except for the clothes they were wearing when they were abducted.

I'll be posting a map shortly.

Please post your characters name, profession, and skills. Limit skills to three specific abilties (IE, Hacking or Hand to Hand comabt).

Keep your characters names distinctly HUMAN.

So if they are gonna be weird, make them middle eastern :D
 Kuuki
08-07-2003, 11:52 PM
((

Name: Dave Pliskin

Affiliation: U.S. Brovo Team

Skills: Stealth, Hand to Hand, Fire Arms.

))

Pliskin "Aw, damnit! Why do the bad guy's use so much..."
 S1DC
08-08-2003, 12:18 PM
NAME: John Bower

Affiliation: United States Central Intelligence Agency

Skills: Chemistry, Stealth, Bladed weapons

Bower - "Go. now."
 Kuuki
08-08-2003, 5:27 PM
Pliskin "What the hell are you talking about, who are you anyway..." *clinches over the drugs* "Damnit.."
 S1DC
08-08-2003, 8:31 PM
"I'd appreciate it if you'd leave."

Bower searches himself for his cigarettes

"damnit. nothing."

The room the two men stand in is dark, only a few crates filled with straw are perceptable. they all appear to be empty or broken.

"Hey, you, i said go. At least go and see if anyone else is here."
 Kuuki
08-08-2003, 11:00 PM
*Plistin gets to his feet.*

Plistin "Not that it mattered, I'm not exactly the type to be listening to someone bark orders when he's in the same undenyable situation as I am..."

*Plisten walks, while keeping a hand to a wall, looking forward and off to the sides, nothing.*

*He finally walks to a point not even twelve feet from where he began, where he meets a corner, it was too dark and the drugs didn't fully wear off yet that he didn't see that he was going to walk right into the joining wall.

He turns it, and walks about another twenty feet, and reaches another wall. He grunts and turns back into the general direction to where bower is standing.*

Plistin "Listen, we aren't going to get very far if only one of us is contributing to finding a way out of here. Granted it would help if this crap settled in a few minutes, but you can't just stand there and worry about yourself."
 S1DC
08-11-2003, 2:51 PM
Bower is too busy to hear what the man in the corner is saying.

Sliding his hand along his right forearm, Bower finds and depresses a part of his arm. Like a cover on a monitor that blocks the screen controls, a door pops open and reveals a GPS tracking system.

Fidling with the system for a moment, bower frowns.

He checks it again.

The screen shows his location as in his office on the 34th ST floor of the pentagon. This most certainly is not his office.

"Electromagnetic pulse." bower announces.

The man in the corner looks up "huh?"

"before they caught us, they set of an EM pulse. my GPS is frozen. We'll have to find some place with the supplies i need to fix it."
 Kuuki
08-12-2003, 2:16 PM
((I hope that wasn't you controlling my character ;) :D))

Pliskin "Well look, we'll have to figure out that crap later, just help find a way out. Besides I'm not too impressed on the nano mechines."
 S1DC
08-14-2003, 3:19 PM
Bower raises an eyebrow "nanomachines? heh."

Bower walks to the nearby wall and presses his hand to it.

"this wall is hollow. just some metal studs between two layers of stainless steel. only about 1/4 of an inch thick."

Looking around, bower spots a crowbar thats been snapped in half laying beside an empty box. Picking it up, he looks at the wall..

"Nanomachines my ass"

Bower whips the chunk of crowbar into the wall, through the wall, leaving a gaping hole about 13" in diameter. Bracing his arm inside the hole, shoulder against one side and hand against the other, he extends his arm and tears the hole open to a 4' diameter.

"Full arm augmentation. Build from a few hydraulic systems and that computer you saw. The whole unit is controlled by an interface with whats left of my shoulder. Not a perfect augmentation by any means."

Bowers arm is bent at an awkward angle at the elbow, past where it should stop.

"not being able to feel pain in it yeilds some odd problems. We'll have to fix this too."

He climbs through the hole into the dark beyond it.
 Kuuki
08-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Pliskin "I've seen better..."

*Pliskin goes to the hole in the wall and steps through.*

Pliskin "I'm sure you'd agree that a mechanical arm with a few gadgits with it ain't going to help incase we run into trouble. Oh by the way, I'd like to get my gadgits back too, or at least find some replacements. Especally a CODEC transmitter."
 S1DC
08-16-2003, 7:09 PM
"Place like this won't have anything integral, we'll have to use walkies. I check those crates. All circa '78."

Bower looks around himself. Standing in the easter corner of a large courtyard, he can't see much. He begins walking paralell to the wall surrounding the courtyard, towards the southwest corner.
 jokemaster
08-17-2003, 2:39 PM
Name: Steve Clark
Affilation: THird Echelon
Skills: Firearms, hand to hand, Escaping

*A man jumps out in front of Bower, aiming a gun at him*
Clark: Freeze
 Kuuki
08-30-2003, 5:10 PM
Pliskin "Hmm.... Going to be able to shoot one of us, before the other gets the gun from ya?"
 jokemaster
08-30-2003, 5:12 PM
*Clark shoots right next to Pliskin's right foot*
 Kuuki
09-21-2003, 12:18 AM
*Pliskin jumps slightly*

Pliskin "Look, we just got out of somewhere, and you don't look like a person who'd put us back in there, so let's stop woth the bull ****. Why are you here?"
 jokemaster
09-21-2003, 3:41 AM
Clark: **ck, I'm looking for the same thing. You're the first people I've seen here.
 Kuuki
09-28-2003, 9:42 PM
((damnit, where is that nog s1dc))
 jokemaster
09-28-2003, 10:50 PM
((Come on. BTW nice av and sig scar, now if only i could find a copy of FF VII :( didn't have a PS when it came out, and can't find one now.))
 Kuuki
09-29-2003, 12:19 AM
((No, those pics are for the sequel!!! XD))
 jokemaster
09-29-2003, 1:07 AM
((I know, that's why i need a copy of the original. *wonders how the thread came from and RPG to a conversation about FF VII*))
 Redwing
01-04-2004, 9:11 AM
((So, anyone seen S1? Coz this thread as well is nearing its "expiration date" ... ^_~))
 Kuuki
01-04-2004, 4:01 PM
kill it, he's not coming back...
 Redwing
01-07-2004, 7:22 PM
((Aww, 't had potential.

If he comes back, will resticky))
Page: 1 of 1