Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dialogue Glitches

Page: 1 of 1
 Davin Starcrest
08-07-2003, 4:15 PM
Don't get me wrong I love this game, its the best game ever, I cried at the end :rolleyes: but the one glitch I did get was probably the only one I haven't heard anyone talk about, why the **** do I somtime not get speech! Mostly its with Carth and Bastilla but it happens alot with others, Especialy now that Ive beaten the game and started a new pc, I can't pursue any of the party charactors quest because of this, the game crashes it takes forever, and sometimes I can't even read the subtitles it flies by so fast. When I do push it and am lucky not to get a crash they sometimes say a few sentances but then they start up again or the screen goes either black or white. Please someone tell me how to fix this, I would like to get more than 30 hours out of this game the second time around :( oh and if it helps when I dont get speech they're mouths don't move either but they nod and raise eyebrows and stuff.
 Jedi Apprentice
08-08-2003, 1:49 PM
This sounds like a problem for the higher officials at BioWare.

I haven't ever heard of that happening and I really don't know how to fix it. You should either contact BioWare or just exchange for a different copy.
 Davin Starcrest
08-08-2003, 6:30 PM
Oh well I guess I will just exchange it, not really worth contacting the company, even for my favorite game of all time, nothing would be worth it, they are so inconvinient. Heck I have many stories but I won't go into them :rolleyes:
 Davin Starcrest
08-10-2003, 1:35 AM
:D alright its fixed I brought it and had it proffesionaly cleaned and studied by my tech budy (this guys a genius he works for the gov) and he said it was that one ity bity scratch, LOL a little fricking scratch! Also when I played the game again frome a save really late in the game I started noticing cutscenes I didn't see the first time around really really odd, no game has ever skipped stuff or done so many wierd things to me before!!! This is a perfect example of why we need treat our discs very carefully, even a scratch as thin as a hair and barely 4 cm across can damage a game almost to the point of unplayable.
 Jedi Disat
08-11-2003, 8:10 AM
yes XBOX can be a bit frustrating if u have a dirty or damaged disk sometimes ill be playing a game and all the sudden it will go to the menu screen and say This disk is dirty or damaged. blah sometimes i feel like shooting the XBOX. and my PS2 is in worse shape. it wont play light sided disk (oh no my PS2 has gone to the dark side) i hear that playing dvd's in PS2 can damage them now. (may just be a rumor tho).
Page: 1 of 1