Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

duels

Page: 1 of 1
 Mut12
08-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Is it duels or duals?
Well anyway i reckon it is heaps annoying how only one duel can be fought at a time.
I reckon they should allow at least 3 duels fought at one time and make the people dueling different colours from other duelers colours to prevent any confusion.

if you know what i mean:confused:
 txa1265
08-05-2003, 12:13 PM
It is duel - dual mean something consisting of two like parts, as in Anakin weilding dual sabers against Dooku.

Are you talking about the multi-player Duel mode? In that case I'm assuming you are talking about how you have to sit around and wait for the winner of the duel and then it goes to next in line and so on.

Jedi Academy has Power Duel mode, which offers 2-on-1 duels, like in The Phantom Menace, but I don't know if it supports more than one at a time.

We have discussed that here before and it would be a nice idea.

Mike
 Mut12
08-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Oh sorry i meant how in FFA only one duel can be fought at a time.
 Wudan
08-05-2003, 1:03 PM
There were mods that addressed this problem in JK2, if the problem persists in JA, there will be mods that address this problem once again.
 Prime
08-05-2003, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
There were mods that addressed this problem in JK2, if the problem persists in JA, there will be mods that address this problem once again. This is probably the one and only thing I did like about those mods...
 JediCrow
08-05-2003, 1:28 PM
The problem with those mods, was that the special effect of the "shield" around the people dueling really hit the server hard when there were more than a few duels going on at once. Maybe just keeping track of who was dueling who would cause some lag, too. If you want to definitely get to duel people, just play a Duel game. And power duelling is really fun..er..in theory anyway. ;)
 ZBomber
08-06-2003, 3:53 AM
I like the idea of 2 on 1 duels. More than one duels are ok, too. ;)
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 4:00 AM
Yeah, Power Duel sounds interesting. :D
 FK | unnamed
08-06-2003, 4:40 AM
power duel is only going to be popular w/ nf duelers.

a 2v1 ff duel would be a nightmare unless the 2 man team were complete noobs.

I think a better idea would have been 2v2 team dueling.

I know you will say "just play teamffa" but having several "teams" in line like in normal duel mode then each new team facing the winner would be cool.

2v2 is fun as hell, nf or ff.
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 4:51 AM
I agree :D 2v2 would rock!
 HertogJan
08-06-2003, 7:52 AM
Yeah 2-2 would rock :) But 2-1 can be great too, although pretty hard... Maybe the single player will have an advantage in health or shield or anything?? Would make it a bit fairer... Or maybe the single player can choose all sabers, while the two players can only use single :confused: :confused:
 Xizor's killer
08-06-2003, 10:43 AM
2 Vs 2 hmmmm excellent! I don't mind what kind of duels there are I'm more of a CTF man myself but I do occasionlly duel
 Reprehence
08-06-2003, 11:16 AM
If lightsabers are just as dangerous to your friend as to your enemy 2 vs. 1 might be tougher than some think.
 Jedith
08-07-2003, 1:03 AM
Is it possible to challenge Power Duels in FFA games?
 Obi-Wan X
08-07-2003, 2:00 AM
I don't like the idea of 2 vs 1....but 2 vs 2 seems AWESOME.
 Jedith
08-07-2003, 3:34 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Wan X
I don't like the idea of 2 vs 1....but 2 vs 2 seems AWESOME. I think that'd be great. Reliving the Phantom Menace with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul models :D

Yeah, we should do that. When the game comes out, I'll be Darth Maul, and take on two!! :D
 Mith[OmNi]
08-07-2003, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by JediCrow
The problem with those mods, was that the special effect of the "shield" around the people dueling really hit the server hard when there were more than a few duels going on at once. Maybe just keeping track of who was dueling who would cause some lag, too. If you want to definitely get to duel people, just play a Duel game. And power duelling is really fun..er..in theory anyway. ;)

OmNiMod addressed this problem a long time ago. When you intiate a duel with your partner all other players fade from view and you can walk through them like they're not there.
Page: 1 of 1