Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forum Organization?

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
08-04-2003, 1:49 PM
OK, on Friday we had someone new post a question about setting up a JO server, but he wasn't specific and got peppered by people (including me) making sure he wasn't talking about the pirated beta.

It made me think - maybe the forums should be broken up more logically.

I think there should be a 'Jedi Academy' section with Single Player, MultiPlayer, Server Help, Technical Help, and perhaps a 'General' area. There should be the same for Jedi Outcast, and then the Swamp. And consoles/Mac help may need to be taken into account.

What do you think?

Mike
 StormHammer
08-04-2003, 2:10 PM
Don't worry. When the game is close to release, the forums will be reorganised to reflect the new game's content. ;) If you cast your mind back, new sub-forums were practically appearing on a daily basis when JO was released, as the forum needs for that game were made apparent. :)
 txa1265
08-04-2003, 2:20 PM
Thanks!

I look at the Elite Force II boards, and their structure seems pretty good (http://www.ritualistic.com//forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=) ... as does the KOTOR boards here.

Maybe there should be a specific area set up for discussion of the beta by those who are not approved LA/Raven testers ... the description could have something to do with Dante ... ;)

Mike
 Sargasso
08-04-2003, 3:26 PM
Hmmm...from what I lurk/observed from the release of JO things are added rather haphazardly around here... forums might go up, down, moved, etc...

and generally speaking other forums are temporarily established, sharken, stirred, and merged.... "features" are here one minute then gone the next, one day you might show up to find something completely new like "Battle RPG"

and if you don't like it, tough.

best not to get too invovled in the shape of things around here, from the looks of it whoever runs this casba is pretty determined to do whatever. i can understand your POV after having invested so much time posting, making this place what it is... i say, let it go.
 txa1265
08-04-2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by Sargasso
best not to get too invovled in the shape of things around here, from the looks of it whoever runs this casba is pretty determined to do whatever. i can understand your POV after having invested so much time posting, making this place what it is... i say, let it go. If you've seen any of my involvement with the pirated beta recently ... you know that I won't ;)

It's OK - I was around when the JO forums took shape, and don't have any problems with them - it was just the beta spoilers that pushed the thought for me ...

Mike
 Sargasso
08-04-2003, 3:53 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
If you've seen any of my involvement with the pirated beta recently ... you know that I won't ;)

It's OK - I was around when the JO forums took shape, and don't have any problems with them - it was just the beta spoilers that pushed the thought for me ...

Mike

Actually, I agree with you. Something should clearly be done now for the sake of honest folks who need to be spoiler free... even with the mods editing out things ASAP I've still caught a couple of nasty spoilers.

I just don't see posters having much input around here...
 Reclaimer
08-04-2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Don't worry. When the game is close to release, the forums will be reorganised to reflect the new game's content. ;) If you cast your mind back, new sub-forums were practically appearing on a daily basis when JO was released, as the forum needs for that game were made apparent. :)

Will the fourms be down then I hope not!
 StormHammer
08-04-2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Will the fourms be down then I hope not!

When any changes are made to the forums, they may go offline for a short time, but it shouldn't be too long. ;)
 Reclaimer
08-04-2003, 4:20 PM
Thank Goodness I praticaly live here! Yes I also go outside. ;)
 taekwondo joe
08-04-2003, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Thank Goodness I praticaly live here! Yes I also go outside. ;) lol, any way i do agree this forum should make changes, but not right now, could wait untill maybe it comes out for most forums
Page: 1 of 1