Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How Customizable??

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedith
08-01-2003, 11:19 PM
How customizable will characters be in JKA? How many kind of heads, torsos and legs? Are skin tones selectable for each race?
 Wesia Daoke
08-01-2003, 11:26 PM
i havent heard much but its suppose to be more cutiomizable then KOTOR and not quite as much as Galaxies
 GC256
08-02-2003, 12:25 AM
From what I've heard, you can change heads,torsos, etc. For clothing you can change pants and shirts. Then you can select genders for humans and change the skin colors for Twi'leks.
 boinga1
08-02-2003, 2:03 AM
Overall customization should be no where near KOTOR, I think...KOTOR features 30 different 'base' appearances, plus whatever robes/gadgets/armors you choose to add-on, as well as weapon choices. However, JA wil feature multiple races and genders, which in that respect is greater than KOTOR, which only features humans (as the main character). I've heard something like 15000 or 1500 different JA possibilities for characters...I think. Let's see...for skin color, head, torso, and legs will be customizable for sure...there are many, many different options for the body, fewer for the color...well, maybe JA is pretty close to KOTOR.
 StormHammer
08-02-2003, 2:24 AM
Well, some of this is answered in the FAQ at the tope of the forum. ;) Nevertheless, it's worthwhile repeating that the developers themselves estimate approximately 2000 combinations of the available assets to customise your characters. That includes the head, torso, legs, race, gender (for the human race only), and skin colour.

It's also worth noting that the developer has stated that it will be very easy to make your own custom clothes etc., for SP and MP, and simply drop them into place. So in those terms, you actually have an infinite number of possibilities, depending on how many alternate skins you make or download. :)
 Jedith
08-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Can models of players be scaled to their desires?
 MuRaSaMuNe
08-02-2003, 10:31 PM
I certainly hope not... I couldn't stand Jedi Mod or any of those mods trying to poke the little yoda buggers as they kill me by cutting my knees.
 Prime
08-03-2003, 3:43 AM
Originally posted by Jedith
Can models of players be scaled to their desires? No they cannot, for many reasons.
 jesseg88
08-07-2003, 7:39 PM
I heard there are over 2,000 different unique combinations.
 Andy867
08-09-2003, 4:27 PM
Well, apparently its not customizable enough because a player is given a default name in SP instead of being able to use their own. Sure it might be due to the cinematics, but still.

Actually, if I can, I will just edit the file where the name is located and just record my own name and satisfy my craving for better customization.
 Shotokan
08-10-2003, 12:17 AM
estimate approximately

LoL oxymoron... I think... or whatever...
Page: 1 of 1