Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO Fan-Mad Models in JKA?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedith
07-30-2003, 12:24 AM
Will models made by fans be able to be imported to use in JKA?
 griff38
07-30-2003, 12:53 AM
I cut and pasted this from the front page of jediknightii.net.

1. Will JK2 models, maps and hilts be available for use in JA?

"We were going to release a converter to convert JK2 models to JA format, but one of our programmers (Gil Gribb) decided to just make it so that Jedi Academy could load JK2 models, recognize they're from JK2 and automagically(tm) convert them to JA-usable models. So all downloadable player models from JK2 should work in JA!

Sabers should work too, plus modders will find they have much more control over adding lightsabers (using a new external data file for lightsabers - using the extention .sab, not unlike our .npc files for NPCs last game) and easier to add them to the game (it will find the .sab and automagically(tm) make them available in the menus).

JK2 maps should also load okay in JA."

Sounds very simple to me, click the link for more info! If you want to discuss this post in the forums click here.
 Mitsurugi
07-30-2003, 1:17 AM
Hey that's pretty neat.
 Agen
07-30-2003, 7:19 PM
Agreed, i'm glad they're paying attention to the mod community :)
 Hekx
08-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if imported models will work in SP or MP?
I assume they would work in MP, but will people be able to "load up" the new imported model and customize it like the default single-player models?
 txa1265
08-04-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Hekx
Does anyone know if imported models will work in SP or MP?
I assume they would work in MP, but will people be able to "load up" the new imported model and customize it like the default single-player models? Apparently the answer is YES ... they are treating the MP and SP character models very similarly.

What I understand is that you can create individual elements (robes, hair, etc) for making characters or just an entire player model.

Mike
Page: 1 of 1