Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Correlian Job

Page: 1 of 4
 jokemaster
07-29-2003, 9:22 PM
Setting:
Correlia, during the OT.
Story:
Seth Greco was a thief for a long time. He retired after getting caught for the first time. Now he's rounding up the gang for one last job.
Rules:
-No godmoding
-No one post killing
-No controlling other characters
-Post bio in first post
Bios:
Name
Occupation
Special Skill (only one):
the following can also be put in, but aren't necessary:
Alias
Apperance.
------
Name: Seth Greco
Alias: Jokemaster
Special Skill: Planning
Bio: A master thief with a knack for planning thefts with presicion and lots of back-ups.
-----
Greco waited in the abondoned warehouse for his old gang
 Deac
07-30-2003, 8:10 AM
[Do we all have to talk like Cockneys? :D ]

Name: Milo K'leta
Race: Bothan
Special Skill: Photographic Memory
Bio: A slicer with many aliases, does all the research for Greco's schemes, including several that could not be done. Often found beating people at Sabaac using his memory skills to count cards and remember which ones his players must have had. Always found carrying a King of Sabers.

----------------------------------------

*Arrives at the Warehouse*

"Greco! It's been a long time. 1,834 days, three hours, two minutes and 33 seconds, to be precise. How have you been?"
 jokemaster
07-30-2003, 4:46 PM
((No, though it is allowed.))
Greco: Fine, how's your luck going, you still holding on to the King?
 Deac
07-31-2003, 5:50 PM
"As ever, human!"

*Holds out the card*
 jokemaster
08-02-2003, 2:46 AM
((OK, just one thing, the only thing this has to do with either movie is the name.))
*Greco smiled, Milo had had it for as long as he could remember.*
"Heh, when are you getting rid of that old thing, or trade it for something of worth"
 Deac
08-02-2003, 10:50 AM
"The neutrinos of fate spin in the right direction around this card, Greco. It'll keep me alive as long as I got it."
 Writer
08-04-2003, 9:54 AM
Name: Rebecca Young
Alias: None
Race: Human
Apperance: 5' 2" tall, long thick blonde hair usually pulled away from her face, blue eyes, weighs 110 pounds, wears all black form fitting suit
Special Skill (only one): Excellent hand-eye coordination
Bio: An expert assassin, Rebecca is rarely caught. While Greco hasn't really had any assassinations for her to deal with, her hand-eye coordination makes her good at just about any violent activity. It is this that has made her useful in the gang.

Rebecca walked into the warehouse, instantly taking note of who was there. She then pulled back into a corner. Greco new that she didn't like much interaction with other beings and simply said hello. She responded in kind and stepped back into the shadows even further. Her black clothes made it difficult to see her there.
 Deac
08-04-2003, 11:05 AM
"Ahhh, Rebecca. I remember you being able to do that better. Or maybe I've learnt to take even more notice of my surroundings.

So what's the plan this time, Greco?"
 Writer
08-04-2003, 11:08 AM
"The difference would be in yourself," Rebecca said sharply. "My skills have not decreased."
 jokemaster
08-04-2003, 6:58 PM
Greco: You kids gonna bicker, or do you want to know what the job is?
 Writer
08-04-2003, 7:02 PM
"You could have told us at any time once we were both here," Rebecca said, her mood still sour. "So what did you call us here for anyway? I was taking care of some business, but you insisted this was urgent."

As she spoke, she came out of the shadows and moved toward Greco. Her eyes were fixed on him as she waited for his answer.
 jokemaster
08-04-2003, 7:22 PM
*Greco took out some photographs and put them on a table.*
Greco: A couple of days ago this *points to a huge safe riding in a speeder protected by 4 squads of stormtroopers* arrived. It was under enough stormtrooper gaurd to occupy a city. Inside are at least 100,000 credits, probably more. They're being transported here *points to an Impirial base sitting on top of a mountain*. That base is supposed to be inpenetrable, that's why no one else will be attempting to steal the safe. I have however discovered what may be a weak point. Before I go on, I need to know whether you're in or out.
 Writer
08-04-2003, 7:24 PM
For the first time since she got there, Rebecca smiled. It was brief, but it was there.

"Sounds dangerous enough to keep me interested," she said. "Tell me more."
 jokemaster
08-04-2003, 7:43 PM
Greco *turns to milo*: What about you?
 Flamehart
08-04-2003, 11:37 PM
(Hope I'm not too late to join in :D )

Name: Craig
Special Skill: Incredible Speed (includes weapon usage)
Alias: None
Bio: A lone mercenary, usually working for the highest bidder. He has been a long friend of Greco, though, as have done several jobs for him before, and was glad to accept a job from him once again.
Apperance: Black "vest" (see Character profile thread) and a red coat. Around 6 feet tall, silver hair that almost reaches my shoulders. A large sword rests on his back and two handguns in holsters.

-------------------

A familiar voice came out from the doorway. "Tangling with Imperials this time eh? Sounds good."

He walked in, his silver hair stopping its waving from the wind outside. He looked at the other two in there, having the pleasure of working for both of them in previous jobs with Greco.

He looked at Milo and smirked, "Hello Milo, how's your luck holding out?"

He turned to Rebecca before Milo could answer, "Stubborn and self centered as usual, I take it?"
 jokemaster
08-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Greco: Finally, someone to help me keep them from tearing each other's throats.
 Flamehart
08-05-2003, 12:12 AM
"Heh, don't worry, it's my job to prevent you from doing that.." replied Craig in a humorous tone.
 Deac
08-05-2003, 7:08 PM
Milo: Who is tearing? And of course I'm in. I remember the Empire occupying Kothlis.

*Holds up the card and does some finger tricks with it.*
 Writer
08-07-2003, 6:06 PM
Rebecca shrugs. "Tearing? Why not? In some cases it's fun. I promise to stop when you tell us more."

After saying that, she gave Craig an evil glare.
 jokemaster
08-07-2003, 9:43 PM
Greco: OK then. I've found out, through sources that will remain anonymous, that the officer of that particular base is him. *Takes out a photograph of a man in his late 30s with black hair in an imperial uniform* Col. Rankin Hulic, he has a bounty on him, by the rebels, to be taken *looks sternly at Rebecca* alive. First we have to disable the security system. We can't simply disconnect the electricity, cut the wires, or jam it. That means we'll have to enter undercover. We need to get some uniforms or something that can get us in there without being noticed. We can either assault one of the imperial supply convoys, or a supply center. The choice will be voted on, now. So cast your votes, and any questions.
 Writer
08-07-2003, 9:56 PM
"I say supply center," Rebecca says after giving Greco a long glare for looking specifically at her while saying 'alive'. "It's more dangerous and therefore more fun."

She grins.
 Deac
08-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Milo: I concur. I can slice into a supply centre. I also have some recent codes that might be useful.
 jokemaster
08-08-2003, 1:55 PM
Greco *to milo*: I don't think I want to know what you were cooking up when I called you. What'd you get the codes for anyway?
 Reclaimer
08-08-2003, 5:51 PM
Name:Zach Derano
Special Skill :Lightsaber handaling
Bios:A Jedi Merc once not knowing that he was a jedi.

__________________________________________________ __

*A blaster bolt is firedered into the air* You thought you were going to with out me Greco?
 Writer
08-08-2003, 6:34 PM
A small knife flew through the air and managed to slide into the barrel of Zach's blaster. Rebecca sighs as she realizes who it is.

"You always were one for late arrivals," she says sourly. "And surprises. Next time, that knife will be in your arm."

She tosses a knife up into the air and catches it by the hilt.
 Reclaimer
08-08-2003, 6:36 PM
Ahh Rebecca you were always good with aim but remember I knew you were going to do that.*Flashes his saber*
 jokemaster
08-08-2003, 9:05 PM
Greco: If somebody farts you guys will kill each other before the person who did it says "Excuse me"
 Writer
08-09-2003, 2:54 PM
"Then hold it in," Rebecca growled. The rest of them burst into laughter and Rebecca looked at each of them. Then she sighed.

"So I end up being a source of entertainment," she said. "Forgive me. I've had a rough day."
 Deac
08-09-2003, 6:55 PM
Milo: I was thinking of a little "reverse enginerring" to the holonet....

Hey, Zach. How's it been?
 Reclaimer
08-09-2003, 8:24 PM
Not to bad making some creds here some there how you've guys been?
 jokemaster
08-09-2003, 8:43 PM
Greco: Dragging myself out of a calm life on Mon Calamari and back into the life of looking over your shoulder.
 Deac
08-10-2003, 2:43 PM
Milo: So where's the depo? I remember a small one being located at a small outpost on Tatooine.

*Notices looks from the others*

All right, I was working for the Rebels. Galaxy might forget that Empire Occupied Kothlis, my homework, but I remember. I remember for everyone.
 jokemaster
08-10-2003, 3:13 PM
Greco: This one's located right outside one, no one can go into the outpost without uniforms, so they put it outside so the soldiers couldn't say it's lost
 Reclaimer
08-10-2003, 3:26 PM
*Takes out a device* We might need these. Invisible cloking.
 jokemaster
08-10-2003, 3:39 PM
Greco *half jokingly half seriously*: Who'd you steal it from?
 Reclaimer
08-10-2003, 3:41 PM
From Scar Da Kookie a Bounty Hunter. Tried to make mea deal not to kill him but I did tried to shoot rockets after he gave me these.
 Flamehart
08-10-2003, 6:26 PM
(hey I've been gone for a few days can someone fill me in on whats going on?)
 jokemaster
08-10-2003, 8:13 PM
((Basically Crocker revealed the first stages of his plan, Derano arrived, we decided that we will assault the supply center not the convoy, and I said where the center is.))
 Flamehart
08-10-2003, 11:14 PM
(alright.. mind specifying the location? Im too lazy to go up and read all the posts)

Craig just shook his head and didn't accept the invisibility cloak.

"Don't need it, I'm a mercenary, I'm trained to blend in..."

(Btw, Reclaimer, No offense, but punctuation and spelling come a long way in making your sentences more readable.)
 jokemaster
08-11-2003, 1:46 AM
((Outside an imp outpost))
 Deac
08-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Milo: I think these would be fun *Takes one*. You do realise of course that the moment you activate one of these you'd go blind?
 Reclaimer
08-13-2003, 4:43 PM
Not with these. *Takes out a kindof googles* These let you see with those on.
 Writer
08-23-2003, 3:07 PM
"I prefer not to rely on too much technology," Rebecca said. "It has a way of ' wearing out' quickly."
 jokemaster
08-23-2003, 5:22 PM
Greco: Correct, that'll be a backup, we can't rely on technology.
 Reclaimer
08-24-2003, 10:59 AM
*Making the chip fly back to his hand* Alright.
 Writer
08-25-2003, 11:32 PM
"So now that we have that figured out," Rebecca said, suddenly feeling impatient, "when are we going to get moving? I still have another job I've got to finish and that one has a time limit."
 jokemaster
08-26-2003, 1:06 AM
"We can go either today or tomorrow. How long does you job last? We're gonna have to do this at dusk"
 Deac
08-26-2003, 4:15 PM
Milo: That's going to be difficult. Remember that Tuskens and Krayt dragons are more active at dusk.
 jokemaster
08-26-2003, 6:33 PM
Greco *grinning*: And they'll provide the cover we need.
 Writer
08-28-2003, 5:38 PM
"I have two more days to complete my job," Rebecca said. "I've already spent one day on it."
Page: 1 of 4