Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone plays Rebelion?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMuffin
07-28-2003, 5:01 PM
Just started to play again... and it's... AWESOME!!!

It's like the best SW strategy game you can have!!! With nearly infinite replay value (if you can find a friend to play with you).

If you don't have it, you can still try to get it at your local shop or buy it from LEC's store (http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/rebellion/)

Trust me, it's good:D
 another_trooper
07-28-2003, 9:04 PM
Yup I do, I also started playing again recently, but then I quit my game because Luke got captured 49 days in the game :(

Ill have to try again, cuz, youre right, its fun and the replay value is good !
 DarthMuffin
07-30-2003, 11:52 AM
OMG:eek:

How did you manage to get him captured in the early game :eek:

(you're playing against a CPU, right?)
 another_trooper
07-30-2003, 8:11 PM
*Shame*
yes. . .
I dunno how, but in my new game, mothma got busted 200 days in game :) :( :mad:
not cool
 Kylilin
07-30-2003, 10:39 PM
i've never even heard of this game, whats it about?
 another_trooper
07-31-2003, 12:05 AM
!!!
Its like master of Orion
In case you havent heard of this game either. . .
You choose which side you want to be with (imp./reb.), you start with a few planets, ships, buildings and characters. Characters such as Leia, Luke, Mothma, Solo (with the rebs). With these characters you can perform mission (diplomacy, to get the planet on your side, spying, to see whats up on an enemy planet and many others) You build shipwards, troopcenters and construction yards. You build fleets, you put fighters and troops in them, you go on enemy planets, you bombard, you assault, yo assimmilate it with diplomacy... You can also research new ships and troops and stuff.
In short you control the rebellion or the empire.
Ill try to post some images when I can.

BTW, get it! its super cheap (maybe 10$):jawa
 DarthMuffin
07-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by another_trooper
*Shame*
yes. . .
I dunno how, but in my new game, mothma got busted 200 days in game :) :( :mad:
not cool

:rolleyes:
You should probably read this (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/12036.html) (the one by Rogue). It's the best FAQ/Guide there is, and you'll learn some dirty tricks.

After reading it, I could win vs the computer in moderate difficulty (and I had problems in normal before).
 Rogue15
07-31-2003, 2:47 PM
I got the game bundled with Force Commander in '99. That game is awesome, though i don't play it much anymore, mostly because I end up not being able to move from my computer for several hours. I always play as empire though. btw, i didn't write that FAQ. =p
 DarthMuffin
08-01-2003, 12:45 PM
If you have some free time, consider trying to play with the rebels. I know the Empire is more appealing, but the rebels are easier and they involve more strategy (your ships can't crush through the Empire's, so you need to do sabotage mission etc.)
 Rogue15
08-01-2003, 8:53 PM
but empire kicks ass!!!!!! especially when you go insane and use the death star against coruscant. :deathstar
 another_trooper
08-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Damn right! lol
I did that once. . .:D
Page: 1 of 1