Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Most Damaging Lightsaber Combos

Page: 1 of 1
 Ryokirah
07-29-2003, 5:58 AM
i also had like 15-45 damage or so with dbl-bladed and over +30 for both attacks.

the only advantage i can see to 2 lightsabres is if you want to have more crystals (eg, +dam and stun in one, +dam and blaster deflection in the other)

oh and to answer katarn, the dbl-bladed max damage is 4 higher than if you were wielding to long sabres (2d10 vs 2d8), not to mention 1 long and 1 short.

dueling only increases your att/dam bonus by +3 at max if i remember correctly, but i think it's more than worth it to have another attack which basically gives you a good chance to do dbl the damage.
 Osir1s
07-29-2003, 7:51 AM
Thanks For Confirming Me, BTW I Went Back And Confirmed Again Just Incase :p
 Wesia Daoke
07-29-2003, 12:45 PM
im workin on finding out ill see wut i can find out
 Ca$h
07-29-2003, 9:24 PM
The double bladed light saber will do the most damage if you are skilled with two weapons.... but it's a lot more fun to wield two violet lightsabers with 4 different crystals. My long saber is built for damage while my short light saber is suped up with Stun and Massive Criticals... and let's face it... it looks down right bit@!%!en!

I've tried to setup each of my Jedi's with a different fighting style.
1. Main Character - Dual Light sabers (long and short)
2. Bastilla - Since she started with it... Dual bladed light saber
3. Juhani - all skills designed for single light saber fighting
4. Jolee - also set for single light saber to increase defense.
he is the only Jedi while playing through as a light
Jedi that I setup with DARK powers.
 Ryokirah
07-30-2003, 7:17 AM
i would also take 2 long over 1long + 1short. at max two-weapons feat, the different is negligable (-2 attack for your main weapon) compared to the increased damage (2d8 instead of 2d6)
 DarthCPA
07-30-2003, 1:50 PM
I've also been able to get better results from 2 long lightsabers than 1 long and 1 short. I've got all 3 two-weapon feats and the 2nd lightsaber feat. I've loaded each saber with some good crystals, putting a +3 crystal in the off-hand with the crystal that does extra damage. That gives me equal to-hit bonuses with each hand and more damage in the off-hand. I tried the same crystals in a short saber and a received significantly less damage and no change in the to-hit bonus. I can get slightly more damage from a double-blade, but I like the look of two sabers. A good to/hit crystal in the off-hand will overcome the bonus of a short saber with more damage.
Page: 1 of 1