Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ridable npcs

Page: 1 of 1
 Tinny
07-26-2003, 4:39 PM
this is from Michael Gummelt:

The vehicles are actually just ridable NPCs (so we could make use of all that code and just add the vehicle part to it), so it would be easy to
have, say, a ridable Wampa or Rancor or... Luke?

heh, that'd be incredible. one of the things i didn't like about gta 3 was that when you hoped on top of a moving car it would slide under you and not let you stay on top. they fixed this in gta vice city and it was pretty cool staying on top of a moving car, while blasting pedestrians and other cars while riding on top, you felt like an actual riding gunner like in halo. one thing i didn't like in jedi outcast was that when you decided you wanted to hop on top of a large npc say an at-st, it automatically made you flip off, now we can move along with it. imagine the seige missions while you stay on top gunning with a sniper while your friend pilots the at-st. anyway, i just think this little tid bit would be something that would greatly enhance the fun of the game :D
Page: 1 of 1