Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

*SPOILERS* The Final Battle w/ Malak

Page: 1 of 1
 Imran
07-25-2003, 9:22 PM
During the Final Battle of the Game, how Do I

Defeat Malak , Every time I try to attack him, he uses force lightning on me, and I blow up.
 Boba Rhett
07-25-2003, 9:31 PM
Run around and destroy as many of the tubed jedi as you can first. You don't by chance have one of those electrical damage nullifying belts do you? What do you mean you explode?
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 11:16 PM
the key is planning ahead with force powers
i made sure i had force immunity and cast it anytime he destroys it with that force destroying power. force armor helps. just make sure your healing enough with life support packs in between him sucking more health. with the tubed jedi.

how do you destroy the tubed jedi?
i went up to them but... i could only 'use' them

i just kept killing him till he sucked em all and killed him again.
 Katarn07
07-26-2003, 1:20 AM
I had to use my last health packs on the deck right before facing Bastila. so have none left :(

Also, I am level 13 and can't level up to get these Force powers. You advise I just run like all heck and destroy the tubes, heal up with force heal as fast as possible before trying? I got some stims, but they don't help against lightning.
 jumper42
07-26-2003, 1:43 AM
i was a dark jedi so when i ran up to the tube i had kill as one of my options. i would have to believe light jedis would be able to use the saber or something.
 Osir1s
07-26-2003, 2:53 AM
Hey Hey
Some Tips For Defeating Malak Are A Couple Little Things Ive Found That Seemed To Help
1.)Life Drain or Death Field Force Ability, Why Fight Him Seven Times?
2.)Med Packs, Med Packs, Med Packs
3.)After You Defeat Him Once, He Runs Off To Heal, Why Hes Doing This Force Heal Yourself, Redo Your Shield, Use All The Stimulants You Can
4.)If You Can Force Breach Him, And Also Invest In Force Immunity If It Isnt To Late
5.)Dont Be Afraid To Run Around And Heal If You Need To, Even Jedi's Run =P
6.)Go Darkside, Hes Much Much Easier If Your Darkside, The Darkside Is Stronger, More Powerful, Come To The Darkside, Use Your Passion As A Weapon!
 Osir1s
07-26-2003, 3:00 AM
Sorry Forgot
7.)Grenade Him To Death, Its Real Cheap But It Works, Use Concussion Grenades, Or Those Gooey Greandes And When Hes Stuck And Cant Move Thermal Detenator Him To Death, Frag Grenade Him To Death, Pick Your Poison, Grenades Own Malak
 Imran
07-26-2003, 1:03 PM
Yea I did it, but as a Lightside Jedi :) , Used force drain on the jedi Canisters, and then ran around using FD on malek - it works
 CodyB4000
07-28-2003, 1:58 PM
Hmm..I am a Dark Jedi (as dark as you can possibly go), but I still can't kill the Jedi tubes. I think you may have to learn Force Absorb to do it, which I never did.:mad:

I am going to give it another shot though. Around the 7th absorption, I am out of med packs and life support packs, and he just beats the living hell out of me.
 Katarn07
07-28-2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by CodyB4000
Hmm..I am a Dark Jedi (as dark as you can possibly go), but I still can't kill the Jedi tubes. I think you may have to learn Force Absorb to do it, which I never did.:mad:

I am going to give it another shot though. Around the 7th absorption, I am out of med packs and life support packs, and he just beats the living hell out of me.

Life Drain or Death Field will do the trick. Whether or not you can heal yourself as Malak does is not known to me. I would hope so, I mean, otherwise its unfair.

Lightsaber throw will do the trick for a neutral or Light Jedi as well.
 boinga1
07-28-2003, 6:54 PM
:p Of course it's unfair, he's the final boss, it's always supposed to be unfair.

P.S. It's often unfair in your favor since you can think and he can't.
 Wesia Daoke
07-28-2003, 7:02 PM
if u have a bunch of thermal detenators u can throw them at him and it will keep knockin him down everytime one goes off so he cant do anything.....and to make it easyier go to auto-pause and make it pause at the end of everyround
 Ryokirah
07-29-2003, 5:04 AM
i've said this in many other posts, but i just wiped the floor with malak. my only problem was when he stunned me with his sabre attacks... i had to hope it would wear off so i could get a life-support-pack into me before he finished me off. but as for dueling... i was doing approx. 15-45 damage in one shot, and with master speed and flurry i had 5 attacks per round. force immunity to cancel out his force powers and he was almost a joke. i killed him 7 times without much of a fuss.
 Wesia Daoke
07-29-2003, 12:31 PM
another than that i dont know wut to do
Page: 1 of 1