Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Player Setup Advice

Page: 1 of 1
 Ca$h
07-23-2003, 11:13 PM
I'd really like to hear from some of you Jedi's who have played far enough into the game that you know what skills/feats are most important to focus on.

First my character:
I chose soldier because I wanted to get the most possible
choices for feats when leveling up throughout the game
My players is dumb and stong:
STR 14
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 8
WIS 12
CHA 12

When given the option to update these traits I put the first into DEX to improve my defense

Now here's the questions:
1. I only get 1 "skill" point per advancement
As a soldier the only 2 skills I really care about
are Treat Injury and Awareness. I've been putting my single
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 8:36 AM
my own personal favourite right now is solder to guardian
the best feats are two-weapon feats and flurry. with those together, you've got 3 attacks per round. only problem is your hit bouns, i took a high str for that, but yours is only 14 so you may have to just work with blasters until you can get melee feats/higher str

i'm assuming you want melee... blasters are ok in the beginning but become almost useless later on with lightsabres etc.

i won't get into jedi feats though, that's for later on.

if you want help, my current jedi guardian near the end of the game is a freaking tank... i don't even need the other characters anymore really. i've got a dbl-bladed light sabre, so with flurry and the right force powers i get 5 attacks per round, at 15-40 damage with a +32/+34 to hit. it's freaking ridiculous.
 Ca$h
07-25-2003, 11:02 PM
That's awesome... Thanks for the info... I bit the bullet and restarted my game after reading a bunch of great info I found on
gamespot.com! There you will find a terrific document on character creation including feats/skills/Jedi Powers/ etc...

I rebuilt my character as a soldier with the following stats:
STR 16 - DEX 15 - CON 10 - INT 10 - WIS 10 - CHR 14

This has worked out pretty well for me thus far because I was trying to create a persuasive Jedi Guardian that specilizes
with a dual light sabers.

The only problem is that Persuasion is a cross skill until you become a Jedi and I didn't know this while developing my character. (YES - persuasion becomes a class skill for a soldier only after you become a Jedi) Therefore, in order to compensate for my characters lack of persausion skills I put 3 feat points into persuasion - This meant I had to sacrifice putting some points into Flurry - Two Weapon - Critical Strike and Conditioning.

Anyhow, even though I basically wasted 3 Feat points I am very happy with my character thus far. I just became a Jedi Padiwan and prior to finishing the first planet I had already been able to persuade the Hut to play me 400 instead of 300 for hunting down bounties.

Fortunately, since I am a soldier I should have no trouble maxing out flurry, critical strike and maybe conditioning before I finish the game giving me a very persuasive and powerful Jedi w/o the use of MIND CONTROL.

If I started over I would build a Melee Battle Soldier more like this:
17 STR - 15 DEX - CON 10 - INT 10 - WIS 11 - CHR 10

He ain't smart but he's one hell of a brute! To heck with persuading anyone. If you really want to do that later then buy some persuasion skills after you become a jedi or invest in the MIND DOMINATION skill of the jedi.

I just wish I had known all this stuff before investing 10+ hours into the game. :)
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 11:25 PM
conditioning?
isn't that just saving throw bonuses?
i'd go for toughness because it's more hit points. it really does add up. also lvl2 toughness takes off damage done to you i think.

persuasion is handy, i missed it this time around because of my tank as i mentioned. next game i'm going to get a scoundel/consular to make up for it :)
 Mystix
08-03-2003, 3:47 AM
Persuasion is a fun and cool skill to have...but really doesn't help you all that much in the game if your a darkside character...on lightside it helps you a ton to gain lightside points.
 Ryokirah
08-03-2003, 5:07 PM
are you kidding?
there's a great many uses for it on the dark side. in fact i'd go so far as to say that there are many 'abuses' for it for the dark side. Bastila always whined at me about using the force when i didn't have to.
Page: 1 of 1