Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which Jedi Class to choose?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthCPA
07-23-2003, 5:51 PM
I'm saved on Dantoinne and ready to become a Jedi.
My character is currently a 9th level Scout with feats in 2 Weapon fighting, flurry, and Uncanny Dodge 2. The other feats are not important. My skills are pretty evenly distributed and I have the recommended Scount attribute settings with increased Dexterity.
For those further along: how have the Jedi classes been as you progressed? I know the logical move is to turn from scount to Sentinel but I'm curious how the other classes play out and if you would change your class if you could?
 Darth_Kyle
07-23-2003, 6:11 PM
Im the jedi that likes to kill people i think that is Gaurdian because i want to become a sith later on in the game if i can so thats my jedi class
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 2:17 AM
i went with guardian, and now i'm an unstoppable tank.

but i was a soldier to begin with so i already had a whole bunch of feats to begin with. Dbl-bladed lightsabre + super-high STR + high level flurry + Master Speed force power = 5 attacks per round that are going to do some heavy ass damage.

my roommate did a sentinel and they seem pretty good too

my next time thru the game will be a dark jedi - consular though. i prefer extremes (guardian/consular) to half-measures (sentinel/scout)
 Katarn07
07-25-2003, 3:04 AM
I was a Sentinel Scout, but find being a Soldier Guardian woulda been better for the end of the game ;)
 Darth Fufu
07-25-2003, 3:03 PM
Is using two weapons or a doublebladed weapon better then just one?
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 11:10 PM
personally i think 2 sabres looks cooler, but the starting damage for each light saber is only 2-16 i think. starting damage for both hits with a dbl-bladed is 2-20. you get the same bonus to attack either way with 2 weapons so it comes down to damage.
 Devon
08-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth Fufu
Is using two weapons or a doublebladed weapon better then just one?

the "to hit" is higher with a double bladed or a single lightsaber than with 2 lightsabers

2 lightsabres do more damage with a hit but they miss alot more.
 Ryokirah
08-11-2003, 10:15 PM
if you're using 2 long light sabres, you get a -2 to hit for one of your weapons because the off hand isn't balanced by a smaller weapon. that's if you have 2weapon feat maxed out.

a dbl-bladed light sabre does give you that +2 because it's counted as a balances weapon. for pure damage... how can you say 2 sabres is better than a dbl-bladed?

2 light sabres = 2-16 x 2
dbl-bladed = 2-20 x 2
 Chrono2x
08-12-2003, 12:17 AM
double lightsabers do more damage but a single lightsaber has a higher chance of making a critical hit

also if you use a short lightsaber in your off-hand then it is balanced

another plus for 2 lightsabers over a double lightsaber is that you can put 2 crystals on each of your lightsabers when wielding two, but you can only put 2 crystals into the double lightsaber.

it works out to be

2 lightsabers = 2-16 dmg main hand 2-12 off hand 19-20 x2 crit with 4 crystals
double-bladed lightsaber = 2-20 dmg 20 x2 crit with 2 crystals

of course by the end of the game, with 2 lightsabers (a long and a short lightsaber) on a scoundrel/sentinel, I was doing the following:
5-19 dmg 17-20 x2 +2-12 crit with a to hit bonus of +21 on my main hand
6-23 +1-8 vs. dark side dmg 19-20 x2 with a to hit bonus of +24 on my off hand
 Ryokirah
08-12-2003, 12:50 PM
well you have to go by base damage and not crystals. any damage crystal you put on a dbl-bladed works for both attacks, not just one. so if you put 2 high damage crystals in a dbl-bladed, it's the same as putting 4 high damage crystals in 2 single bladed sabres.

the ONLY advantage is if you want to sacrifice powerful damage crystals for the occaional stun or for one of the other even less useful crystals.

The only useful non-damage crystal would be if you got to put in 2 deflector crystals to increase your blaster defence by an addition 5. Even that crystal has a +2 damage with it.

crits are rare enough that it's not worth the extra 1/20 chance of getting it... UNLESS you're maxing out the critical strike feat AND are using the crystal that increases threat range AND the crystal that does extra 2d6 massive crit damage, for both your crystal slots.

but then that only works for one sabre

oh yeah, i've posted my soldier/guardian stats on here somewhere. i was doing 15-44 for damage with a dbl-bladed with about a +30 to hit for each attack. factor is master flurry and master speed and the fact that it's almost a guaranteed hit...

lets just say i beat the final boss in about 5 rounds all 7 times including life-support packs and putting force immunity back up.
 boinga1
08-12-2003, 6:29 PM
Sentinel would be the most logical shoice, yes...

If your Scout is a very powerful fighter already, ou might choose to go with Consular; but if you're a weak attacker, you might go for Guardian.

Overall, I'd probably recommend Sentinel or Guardian. Also I'd recommend some...useful Force powers, say Drain for Darkside, maybe Saber Throw for lightside. There are others that might be...equally useful.
Page: 1 of 1