Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Check it out: I got phonged-up metashaded terrain working!

Page: 2 of 2
 rgoer
01-20-2004, 3:26 AM
I assume you are the dude that emailed me about this? Radiant will never show the true textures for terrain--that's just not the way the Team Arena terrain system works. The terrain entity (really just a func_group) is textured with one texture ("common/terrain")... the compiler does the rest based on your terrain blending .shader definitions and the .pcx alphamap (both of which are defined in the key/value pairs of said terrain entity). You will never see a "true" representation of your terrain's shader blending in the editor, the most you will get is whatever image you defined in common/terrain's qer_editorimage line. If the red and black "shader not found" checkerboard bugs you, feel free to use whatever image you want for qer_editorimage; otherwise, don't sweat it, because it don't mean a damned thing.
 lauser
01-20-2004, 6:07 AM
Well well...aren't we the professor of mapping. Good to see your ugly mug on the forums man. I don't usually come here much anymore. But I might stop in from time to time. Great tutorials as always rgoer. If anyone should be working for RAVENSOFT or even ID........:D
Page: 2 of 2