Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Some Help Knocking Out The Sand Peoples Gun Enplacements

Page: 1 of 1
 Dalti Evful
07-20-2003, 8:32 PM
Do I need to use Ion weapons to knock those things out? Why is it my whole party dies when I make a break for the sand peoples doors? What party config and weapons did you use to take these things out and get in the base? This game is awsome isnt it? :D
 Darth Fufu
07-20-2003, 9:02 PM
I dont think you can but if you dress in sand people clothing they wont fire at you. The only way to stop them is to take out all the Sand People inside.
 Darth Faisley
07-21-2003, 12:06 AM
You can just walk in, so don't worry about the turrets
 hargabyte
07-21-2003, 11:05 PM
no I cant walk in eather. it kills me every time, instant death. I still havent figured out how to get in... where do you get sand people cloths?
\
 theReaper
07-22-2003, 12:21 PM
kill a sand person and look at theier remains
 Ryokirah
07-22-2003, 1:34 PM
i'm having the same problem. instead of buying HK-47 FIRST, (i thought he was an optional character like Juhanni) i went to the sand ppl base and since nobody spoke 'sand-person', it was either kill them all or flee. I decided to flee because i'm working on light-side points, and i want to try and talk them out of it using the HK droid (no spoilers please) before i start slicing/dicing.

but now all the sand-ppl see me as enemies, whether i'm wearing sand ppl clothes or not, even the turrets. If i try running by the turrets my whole party automatically dies. how do i get in again?

... this is really starting to annoy me because i don't have a saved game before that... except waaaay back on dantooine.
 Ryokirah
07-22-2003, 2:40 PM
ok i figured it out... it's kinda of annoying but it works

get in your ebon hawk starship, go somewhere else and come back to tatooine.

if you can stand to wait out the animation (it's well done, but you can't skip it once you've already see it...) it's the only way.
 Lyght-Seighbor
07-25-2003, 5:13 PM
I too did the same thing, went to the Sand People village before getting the HK-47 droid and I too quickly decided to flee, due to the lighter side of the force keeping me from wiping the floor with them. However, I had no problem getting back into the village, just make sure everyone is wearing sand people attire, with the exception of droids of course. By the way, going solo and leaving your party behind with only you wearing sand people attire DOES NOT WORK. They will attack you on sight.
 AmSkram
07-26-2003, 6:26 AM
I tried bringing the droid, but becuase he can't wear the disguise, I think he kept giving us away. So I just dressed up 3 Jedis and mopped up the Sandpeeps. I would have done the diplomatic way if I could have figured out how to get in there with the droid.
 Boba Rhett
07-26-2003, 8:04 AM
He does not have to be dressed. You didn't try talking to anyone did you?
 Ryokirah
07-29-2003, 5:20 AM
it's a bug in the game i think. the same thing happened to me. i came the first time without the driod the first time and decided to flee cause i was working on light-side points. keep in mind i was wearing the disguises on my whole party. so i went and got HK-47 and came back with everyone disguised but the droid and i got attacked on sight. running by gets your whole party killed. so i changed chars to all ppl in the disguises again and got attacked by the turrets then too and died if i ran past them.

i'll reiterate what i posted above, the ONLY thing i found to work was to get back in your ship and go to another planet, and then come back. suddenly they're not hostile anymore and you can get in with the driod as long as you're wearing disguises.
 wanting_info
07-29-2003, 6:07 AM
i dont mean to brag cuz i got nothin to brag about but theres another plus to PC version for all you XBOX preachers out there. bugs can be fixed with patches in OC. in XBOX u have to live with editors mistakes.:D
 anup
07-29-2003, 12:30 PM
I didn't get the HK-47 until after i killed all the sand people. And the driod shop vendor said he lied about the driod's translating abilities. Just roam around the dune sea with all three jedi .... everytime u kill a party of sand people pick up their clothes. Stay away from the party where u see like 6 or 7 of them standing in front of an entrance.... they'll kill u everytime, i must have killed at least a dozen of them . they just keep coming at u until u wear their clothes and get past them . The clothes are good all the way into their base, once in there are no good, just start killing everything in site once u're in. (make sure u take bastila with her cure jedi power u'll need it). I suggest u visit the Crystal Cave on Dantooine first ... they really help the light sabers.
 Wesia Daoke
07-29-2003, 12:51 PM
like by the sand crawler i prob get ambushed 4 or 5 times
 Ryokirah
07-29-2003, 5:06 PM
i'm sure hacking them to pieces works great, unless you're a light jedi
 Ca$h
07-29-2003, 6:17 PM
I actually had a lot of fun with this quest. I did not make the mistake of trying to enter the base w/o HK47. Basically, each world I have traveled to thus far has atleast one party member who should be in your party in order to solve a quest or two. In order to avoid a spoiler I won't tell you anything more than what is obviously already stated in this post.

On this planet if you want to visit with the Sand People and earn a light side point and some experience then you'll need to purchase HK47 dress up like the sand people and walk right through the front door into the camp. As stated before you'll need to get some sand people clothes by searching the remains of the many sand people you have to dispatch on this world.

Okay... the interesting part without going into any detail in order to avoid creating a spoiler. If you play your cards right, you can chat with the chief, earn his trust, bring him what he needs and earn light side points. I will say this outright, DO NOT attempt to speak to the storyteller. Only do this if you save first and want to check it out. If you do so you will LOSE a very usefull item and get nothing in return.

The fun part. I had accomplished the first quest with the Sand People I had a burning desire to have all the items scattered throughout their camp in baskets etc. Anyhow, after you complete the quest you can return and get yourself caught trying to open their baskets and they will all attack you. It's a pretty tough fight but after you kill all of them you can take all their goodies throughout the camp, search their remains, rack up some exp points killing them all and do this w/o getting any dark side points.... That way you can have your cake and eat it too...
 sk8master
08-06-2003, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by wanting_info
i dont mean to brag cuz i got nothin to brag about but theres another plus to PC version for all you XBOX preachers out there. bugs can be fixed with patches in OC. in XBOX u have to live with editors mistakes.:D

actually xbox mistakes can be corrected using xbox live
Page: 1 of 1