Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some guys review of JA at comic con

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
07-20-2003, 5:50 PM
here is the link

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83412)

Do you guys think he is telling the truth. I hope hes right about the release month.
 Prime
07-20-2003, 6:00 PM
Most of the information sounds pretty accurate compared to what I have heard elsewhere. I suspect it will be out in September instead of August...
 Blademaster_109
07-20-2003, 6:03 PM
yeah, i didn't get my hopes up to high.
 Sam Fisher
07-20-2003, 6:09 PM
It looks pretty good from what he said. IMO.
 JEDI OUTCAST
07-20-2003, 6:52 PM
Originally posted by SamFisher
It looks pretty good from what he said. IMO.

i am with this guy. plus tavion is back yes.
 taekwondo joe
07-20-2003, 7:13 PM
whast IMO stand for??? any way, this article is awsome, looked so good from what he said, cept he did not really like the staff, oh well, doesnt mean i wont. lots of information in the article, and tavion is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! YES YES!!!! hopefulyl a diferent outfit, becuase that last one maid her look like tinker bell with a fether, so perter pan and tinker bell :confused: any way i hate her, and so want to take her out, this is going to be so sweat, just i dont believe the august release date, thats just to soon, so i am not getting my hopes up
 Reprehence
07-20-2003, 7:16 PM
August would be a better release date as far as competition goes, but I hope they don't rush the game - though surely the problems would crop up with a level or maybe some multi-player balance element (which no one can agree on anyway) - and probably not with the engine itself.

Of course they wouldn't have any time to market it though - it's nearly the end of July and I have only seen a handful of previews and no advertising - plus there's Galaxies - still a major focus for LA I'm sure. It would give it a better buffer for the Nov. release of KOTOR though.
 JaledDur
07-20-2003, 7:35 PM
"drain, same as JO multi, cept you go up to the enemy, grab their eyes, and suck their life force,"

:eek:

"then you fly an x-wing to cover 3 transports, and it is NOT easy at all. You fly strait? ur gonna get a tie on ur tail. You gotta kill bombers to save them, but flyin in a full sky environment is hard. Fighters everywhere, and the transports are slow as hell."

:eek: :eek: :eek:
 Anakin1607
07-20-2003, 8:01 PM
"then you fly an x-wing to cover 3 transports, and it is NOT easy at all. You fly strait? ur gonna get a tie on ur tail. You gotta kill bombers to save them, but flyin in a full sky environment is hard. Fighters everywhere, and the transports are slow as hell."

Umm... you know he's talking about RS III right? :p

Anyway, awesome news!
 legameboy
07-20-2003, 8:09 PM
Everything sounds great!!! :)
 Blademaster_109
07-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Reprehence
August would be a better release date as far as competition goes, but I hope they don't rush the game - though surely the problems would crop up with a level or maybe some multi-player balance element (which no one can agree on anyway) - and probably not with the engine itself.

Of course they wouldn't have any time to market it though - it's nearly the end of July and I have only seen a handful of previews and no advertising - plus there's Galaxies - still a major focus for LA I'm sure. It would give it a better buffer for the Nov. release of KOTOR though.

good point. they should release it in agust.
 taekwondo joe
07-21-2003, 12:04 PM
they should, the sonner the better, but i am not a pationt man, so hopefullu they will. but i am not counting on it
 Blademaster_109
07-21-2003, 12:17 PM
yeah i'm not counting on it either, partly because the gamestop release was pushed back to sept 26.
 Luc Solar
07-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Interesting! :thumbsup:

But I'm not going 2 read n e more of that guys' posts be4 he learns how 2 write properly. That was just 2 irritating!1
 Mex
07-21-2003, 1:11 PM
It is not coming out in august.. I know it won't!

This is from the Lucasarts website.
Availability: Fall 2003 Not August.
 Blademaster_109
07-21-2003, 8:07 PM
we know
 yolkboy
07-22-2003, 2:54 AM
I'm just hoping it comes out before I go to school! :D *Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15 But they shouldn't rush it. If I waited this long, a few more months wont hurt.
 SlapNut
07-22-2003, 6:48 AM
yeah i saw that one a while ago, cos hes played it, hes telling the truth i know (reckon), hey i was the first one to reply to that! i feel so privlaged! i want my saberstaff
 SettingShadow
07-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by yolkboy
*Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15

*Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15 I want it to come out before my birthday (sept. 15). :)
 toms
07-22-2003, 10:41 AM
he says later in the thread that they meant september, not august. i think he mentions 16th september... :D
 Prime
07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by taekwondo joe
they should, the sonner the better... But not before they have a polished product :D
 yolkboy
07-22-2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by toms
he says later in the thread that they meant september, not august. i think he mentions 16th september... :D
Man, don't be messing with us ;) *Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15* :D
 taekwondo joe
07-22-2003, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Prime
But not before they have a polished product :D well yeah, you know what i mean
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
07-22-2003, 10:24 PM
rage, same as JO multi, cept it dont hurt ur life, but u gotta recover.

this isn't looking too good... I just hope they've made it so you can't use rage and speed at the same time...
 JaledDur
07-23-2003, 1:29 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Interesting! :thumbsup:

But I'm not going 2 read n e more of that guys' posts be4 he learns how 2 write properly. That was just 2 irritating!1

hey wat r u doin tryin speak like that not how u do it u gotta drop the period man or it jus isn rite f00

Oh and about being released before Sept. 15th, whoever it was that was concerned because it was their birthday -- is this because you want it as a present?

If so, just ask for a raincheck. If you don't think that will work, say that the recent downturn in the economy has forced you to re-evaluate your priorities, and considering the other expenditures in cake and candles that must have been made, you would like to offset the purchase of a gift until some short time later, at which time the funds will be assigned to an upcoming product with a high reuse/cost ratio.
 Sam Fisher
07-23-2003, 1:49 AM
Awww, comon, Rage/Speed is fun! I use it to get weapons.
 Emon
07-23-2003, 3:46 AM
Well Detty, things to consider. Firstly, that contradicts what Raven or LEC said, second, that could be a casual player, who doesn't pay attention to how close something is to JO, or how different it is in terms of balance.
 SettingShadow
07-23-2003, 6:11 AM
Originally posted by JaledDur
Oh and about being released before Sept. 15th, whoever it was that was concerned because it was their birthday -- is this because you want it as a present?

If so, just ask for a raincheck. If you don't think that will work, say that the recent downturn in the economy has forced you to re-evaluate your priorities, and considering the other expenditures in cake and candles that must have been made, you would like to offset the purchase of a gift until some short time later, at which time the funds will be assigned to an upcoming product with a high reuse/cost ratio.

lol. That was me I belive. Good idea :p.
 toms
07-23-2003, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by yolkboy
Man, don't be messing with us ;) *Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15, Before Sept. 15* :D

i wasn't:

Yea, a apology, i just learned yesterday that they were sayin next month as in this is august start, they said they r shootin 4 September 16-ish..sry bout the mixup. N e questions u have, just ask.

sorry :(
 yolkboy
07-25-2003, 2:07 AM
Awww... :(
Page: 1 of 1