Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Big Trial

Page: 1 of 1
 Rjaniz
07-20-2003, 2:57 AM
Ok, I'm a bit stuck.

Ok, I'm talking about the murder trial of Sunry. It's drivin' me nuts! I've talked to every NPC and PC in the level, and NO ONE is going any farther to say what's going on.

I got the Rodian (name escapes me) to say he was paid to plant the medal.

I got the gambler in the other room to say she was a Dark Jedi. Took a bit of Force if ya know what I mean :D

I got Sunry to admit there was an affair.

Now, my feeling is I need to get into the Sith Base. Unfortunately, i have no BLAZING idea how to do that, even the hacker droid ain't up to the task. Actually, now that I think about it, I can't even access the Republic base. And no one in the world is coughin up any other information.

What am I missing? Or did I just do something completely wrong?

Oh, just a side note, if ya can, don't TELL me how to do it. Just hint at it. Geeze and this isn't even the MAIN quest. I'm screwed.:rolleyes:
 Darth Fufu
07-20-2003, 8:32 PM
If you get into the republic base talk to the head guy and interrogate the sith prisoner. If he cracks he will give you the code to get into the sith base. Hope that helps.:)
 Hanzo
07-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Here ya go....

Alright.....In the Republic Embassy or Enclave or whatever it is, in the room where you "interogate" the Sith prisoner, there is a door just to the right of him. If you go in there and look on the computer (preferably with some help from your little T3 buddy) you should find something interesting.....

Let me know if that helps....I'm kinda stuck on this as well....
 jumper42
07-21-2003, 9:30 AM
when intoragating the prisoner i threaten to free him in front of the sith and let them think he is a spy because the sith would torture him worse then i would and he cracked like an egg shell.
 Rjaniz
07-21-2003, 11:38 AM
GEEZE I'M THICK!
Thanks guys, actually I figured it out after I posted it.
What happened was I didn't realize I needed to ask the right question to the Embassy Guy. When I was told to keep the Star Map a secret, I took it a bit too seriously, and I haven't asked a lot of people.

Thanks a lot!
 Hanzo
07-21-2003, 12:53 PM
Alright....Still stuck....

I have talked to every NPC and PC about the whole Sunry case. I have talked to the Rodian and he has confessed that he planted evidence. I talked to Firth Me and (with some help from Force Persuassion) he confessed that Elassa was a Dark Jedi. I then found video proof in the Republic Enclave that in fact Sunry DID kill Elassa. I have talk to Sunry's wife and she's still spouting off about finding the REAL evidence. A couple of people, can't remember who exactly (might have been the mysterious man after leaving the hotel for the first time) mentioned that I might want to go to both the Republic Embassy and the Sith Embassy to look for more clues. My question is, where is the Sith EMBASSY? I have found the Sith Base and have scoured that place clean and it hasn't helped me at all, but where is the Sith EMBASSY? Any ideas people?

With all the information that I have gathered up I have gone to the trial several times, I have either admitted that he was guilty and he was subsequently executed or I have found that he was guilty, but because of the evidence they decided to only give him a life sentence. The XP points that I receive from doing both suggest that there is a better way to go about doing this and getting more XP.....

Any help would be appreciated here.....
 iscandar
07-22-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm having the same issue. Here's what I've done:

I've talked with the republic people, have gotten the video from the republic computer, I've talked with the two witnesses and the hotel owner (though I could never break Firlith Me's Persuade of who her sith master was), and the mysterious guy. I've killed everyone/thing in the Sith Embassy and I've talked with the wife and the accused. But I can't get anywhere either. I am still getting the whole "Find the real evidence"! And when I flat out said I've got proof, I got more xp than when I said, he confessed and they went along with the trial anyway. Any way I do it, I get people saying that it wasn't true justice.

Any help at all?!?
 iscandar
07-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask one of my main questions....

What's in the sith embassy? I've looked everywhere and haven't found anything regarding the case.
 Rjaniz
07-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Sorry, couldn't respond yesterday. But now I can...

The sith embassy is east of the Republic one. But there's nothing in the Sith Embassy. Actually, you have enough to go to trial now, as you've both done. But you must ask just about ALL questions to all the witnesses. Even the supposed "hear/say" ones. I'm guessing both of you only asked a few questions so as not to sound redundant/incriminating. Screw it. Ask it all.

It probably needs a proper order to asking the questions though. But I have no idea what that is, I just started asking what seemed relevant, and then got the verdict. My only suggestion is whatever tangent the witness is going off on, try and follow it. An example would be if they were tlaking about a red wagon, ask more questions dealing with the wagon. Then when you're out of those types or questions, move onto another question.

Win or lose, the rewards to this trial are not great. For how much one puts into it (I blew at least 3 hours trying to figure out what to do) I feel I shoulda been rewarded more. And I agree with what someone said about this "I felt like such a sleeze helping this guy even after he did it."

Hopefully that helped. If it didn't, obviously, repost and I'll try to help some more.
 Rjaniz
07-22-2003, 1:12 PM
Weird, my last post didn't show up. Well here it is again. Sorry if it double posts.

Sorry, couldn't respond yesterday. But now I can...

The sith embassy is east of the Republic one. But there's nothing in the Sith Embassy. Actually, you have enough to go to trial now, as you've both done. But you must ask just about ALL questions to all the witnesses. Even the supposed "hear/say" ones. I'm guessing both of you only asked a few questions so as not to sound redundant/incriminating. Screw it. Ask it all.

It probably needs a proper order to asking the questions though. But I have no idea what that is, I just started asking what seemed relevant, and then got the verdict. My only suggestion is whatever tangent the witness is going off on, try and follow it. An example would be if they were tlaking about a red wagon, ask more questions dealing with the wagon. Then when you're out of those types or questions, move onto another question.

Win or lose, the rewards to this trial are not great. For how much one puts into it (I blew at least 3 hours trying to figure out what to do) I feel I shoulda been rewarded more. And I agree with what someone said about this "I felt like such a sleeze helping this guy even after he did it."

Hopefully that helped. If it didn't, obviously, repost and I'll try to help some more.
 Magar
07-22-2003, 7:54 PM
Okay, basically the trial comes down to two options...

Option 1 - Don't go to the rebel base for evidence. Ignore it. Pretend it never existed. Interview the two witnesses, get the to offer up their information, talk to the guy and get him to admit he was having an affair, and then go to trial.

In addition to the two key admissions (that Gluupo planted the medal and that Firith Me testifies that Elassa was a Dark Jedi) you want to emphasize 2 things whenever you can:

1) No one saw the murder take place.
2) The affair between Elassa and Sunry was finished.

Also, make sure to bring up the affair as soon as you can, before the Sith can. Otherwise, Sunry will be an idiot and lie. That's bad.

Remember, the judges are neutral - don't run your mouth off about how Sith are evil, and don't play up the fact that the guy was a war hero or a cripple, or that Elissa was a spy. Bringing up those facts will hurt you more than they help. Stick to the basics and you should win.

Option 2 - The Sith base is a red herring - there's no evidence there at all. There is relevant information in the Republic base, on the computers there, which is pretty damning. If you see this, confront Sunry about it, and defend him anyway, you shift to the dark side. If you see it and plead guilty, he gets executed, and that's also bad. It's a lose/lose situation.

The best result here is to play dumb, as silly as that sounds.
 Rjaniz
07-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Oh wow, totally forgot that whole "Sith are evil" thing. Thanks for pointing that out Magar. That would've lost that case for them real quick.

Magar's got the better advice here guys, follow his.
 Darth_Kyle
07-22-2003, 11:59 PM
what is up wit these gay white boxes it is really buging me
 Rjaniz
07-23-2003, 1:36 PM
Actually, there is one thing I had a question about Magar.

I saw the footage of him killing her. But I went and defended him (and won) anyway. And I didn't recieve any light or dark points. Did you?

I just got the crappy 400 exp and called it a day. I later asked Jolee if he thought justice was served, he returned the question. I said no. And that was the end of it.
 Darth_Kyle
07-23-2003, 1:55 PM
Sweetness lol:band:
 Hannibal
07-23-2003, 3:14 PM
Originally posted by Rjaniz
Actually, there is one thing I had a question about Magar.

I saw the footage of him killing her. But I went and defended him (and won) anyway. And I didn't recieve any light or dark points. Did you?

I just got the crappy 400 exp and called it a day. I later asked Jolee if he thought justice was served, he returned the question. I said no. And that was the end of it.

Did you confront Sunry after seeing the footage?
 Rjaniz
07-23-2003, 5:22 PM
Yes I did. And he and Jolee began arguing about it. In the end, because I still had it on my "to do" list. I went to trial. All though in my opening comments I did not lie. I said nothing.
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 4:29 AM
at first i thought the white box was something wrong with my ability to see images. i figured out it's the Mod/Admin's blanking out anything that's too 'spoiler-y'
 Magar
07-25-2003, 1:32 PM
No, actually it's not the mods or admins, it's the people that wrote the posts. When you make a reply, you have a 'spoiler' button, which blanks out text. It's done as a courtesy to those that may want help or brouse the forums, but don't want to ruin the game be finding out some of the major plot twists. It's a polite thing to do, as I sort of regretted reading about the plot twist that happens mid-way through the game rather then learning about it by myself - would have been more fun, especially since I was a moron and didn't see it coming. :)
Page: 1 of 1