Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need help

Page: 1 of 1
 CHSrebel7
07-18-2003, 7:29 AM
alright maybe im just an idiot or something but i can't figure out how to get past the rancor in the sewers right before the vulkar (however you spell it) base. any help would be a blast, thanks
 Hannibal
07-18-2003, 2:09 PM
There's more than one way to do it but here's what I did(in my evilness):
I had Mission stealth her way past the Rancor then I lobbed grenades at him. When it's health got low I sent my PC and Zaalbar to help her finish the job.

Again this isn't the only way to do it. There's actually a another way but since I'm evil I chose the violence way. :)
 Jedi Apprentice
07-18-2003, 2:39 PM
Maybe you could hint to the nicer way of doing things for the people with hearts of gold on these forums? :p

I've been using Mission's stealth, but she is really low on health so I haven't gained much. Are you all going into the room getting the medpacs, then coming back out?
 JEDI67
07-18-2003, 3:34 PM
Yeah I was stuck there too. how do I make it so I can see the spoilers of this forum because I would like to be able to view the posts in the help forom but when anyone puts up anything that hasto do with the game it says spoiler and blocks it out in white?:confused: how do I change that?
 Rjaniz
07-18-2003, 3:43 PM
Here's a spoiler free solution: Read your items that you just recieved. They hold the secret.

Sounds like a cop-out i know, but it's not. It's how I found out how to beat it.
 Okieace
07-18-2003, 8:05 PM
I'm stuck here too. I've read the hint Rjaniz refers to but I can't figure out where to find the item it refers to.
 Darth Fufu
07-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Before you open the door where the rancor is, bye the door there is anarm that you can get an odor from. Take it and go into the room and put the odor on the bones. The rancor should eat the bones and die!
 Jedi Apprentice
07-19-2003, 1:33 AM
Someone's always got to do it the hard way, huh? :p

Do you recieve any light side points for doing it that way? If not, I would think it to be easy just to do it Hannibal's way.

To the new guys-- highlight the spoilers in the white block. ;)
 Darth Fufu
07-19-2003, 1:42 AM
:D Dont get nothin but a dead rancor.:p
 Jedi Apprentice
07-19-2003, 1:49 AM
Originally posted by Darth Fufu
:D Dont get nothin but a dead rancor.:p

Did anyone else make the corpse disappear after they killed it?

I was kind've surprised when that happened....
 JediJosh80
07-19-2003, 2:31 AM
First ensure you have a large supply of frag grenades, second you know that door you go through to get into the rancor arena? well stop just inside the door so that your party members are still inside that corridor. next switch to solo mode. once that's done walk along the left side of the wall and a couple of steps to the right of it. once you're in range throw one grenade only. once it explodes, if the rancor doesn't come after you stay where you are and start lobbing frag grenades. if he does come after you, run back to where you're party members are and that will cause the rancor to go back to where he was. wait until he gets back to his starting spot and then try again. keep trying until you find a spot where you can stand and throw grenades and he won't chace after you. it should take about 10-15 grenades all together to kill him, but trust me it's the only way to really get past him. I tried everything else, except for cheating. I don't believe in cheating. JediJosh80

P.S.> MAKE SURE YOU SAVE JUST BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS!!! IT WILL SAVE YOU LOTS OF GRIEF!!!
 The Doctor
09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO KILL THE RANCOR WITH A SINGLE FRAG GRENADE:
Go up to the corpse pile (don't even use stealth - you don't need it that far away from the Rancor). Place the synthesized odours and one frag grenade into the corpse pile, then exit the item screen. The Rancor will walk up to the pile, and you'll hear the grenande explode, followed by white light coming from the beast's mouth. It's dead.
Darth Fufu was close, but he forgot to tell you to place the grenade as well as the odour (of course, I always take the grenades in the pile so I have as many a possible).
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
10-01-2005, 1:28 AM
I confirm the the Doctor's statement, that is the "puzzle solution"
of course you could just use really cool mod weapons;)
or the killstick or instant kill pistol:D
Page: 1 of 1