Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Combat Strategies and Tips

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Apprentice
07-18-2003, 1:33 AM
*possible spoilers* :confused:

Well, I've been playing the game like crazy today and have started to find things that work decently throughout the game, but was wondering what strategies everyone else uses through combat. This includes what weapon, feats, attacks and movements that you use through combat.

Right now I am a level 4 soldier (almost 5th level) and what has been working incredibly good for me against the Sith Troopers is dual wielding vibroblades. I queue up two attacks a feat and then another attack and it takes out almost anything. When I use blasters I dual wield those also and use the same queue up method(usually use power blast or rapid fire), but instead of being a sitting goose I run while waiting for the next attack round.

I haven't been playing that long so my strategies aren't sure-fire tested, but they have been working pretty well. How have the rest of you been going about combat? :)

I'm sure I'll have more coming very, very soon. :D
 boinga1
07-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Dang, Jedi Apprentice, you trying to become some kinda bling blinger? Dual Vibros, dual blasters...awesome.
 Jedi Apprentice
07-19-2003, 2:00 AM
Trying?

I am the bling-blinger(whatever the heck that means). :D

Yeah still, everyone is free to post their strategies. I'm still trying everything out.

I have figured out though that you'll get a lot further using the pause and queue method rather than default fighting. That's a given almost though. :)
 JediJosh80
07-19-2003, 2:47 AM
I've only played a total of 4hr 36min of game time, but i'm currentyl on dantoine on the first quest after becoming a padawan. You are on the right track with the dual vibroblades. it's very effective at getting your character XP and this will greatly help you the farther into the game you get. my suggestion is to custom level up you character so that strength and dexterity are higher than any of the other stat points, your awareness should be well above anything else for your skill and you weapon skills you should put those point toward melee and dual wielding weapons. Also it won't hurt to put points toward blaster pistol skill either. when leveling up your party members, i recommend choosing the auto-level up. this will enable them to level up specific skills for their specific classes. Well i hope that my input here is helpful to you and everyone else. JediJosh80
 Swat
07-19-2003, 5:19 AM
You guys might want some tips (http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=238722&forum=76) right from the mouths of the devs
 Duke_Rageweaver
07-19-2003, 3:16 PM
I like fighting in real time and i find that it works well to have ur PC using a melee weapon or 2 and the rest of ur party using heavy blasters and rifles......i also like to start the battle with a feat followed by attcks...i hope that helped!!!
 Katarn07
07-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Being a level 5 Sentinel or so, I just click Master Flurry and fill up the box for the PC as he weilds his modified sabers with such skill. I have any other Jedi use the Force to heal and stun, while the 3rd is a ranged attacker. I like them to Power Blast or Snipe.

Works like a dream. And if you have any before battle, some frag grenades before charging them is always a nice way to shorten the conflict :)
 StarScream423
07-20-2003, 10:56 PM
I use the prototype vibroblade in my good hand, and a short sword(because it's "balanced") in the off hand. I didn't have much success hitting them until I leveled up the 2 weapon feat thing, now I'm hitting them practically all the time, and killing them in one shot.

Another nice way for me to kill is by giving Carth 2 blasters, and Mission and my PC blaster rifles, and usually the enemies are dead before they can even get a few shots at me, and when my guys are at a farther range than the melee weapons allow, they are safe from grenade blast radius, unless the enemies approach them. ;)
 natsmash
07-22-2003, 2:32 PM
I was wondering about your queue( pro-spelled that wrong)
does this work on the xbox and if so how do you do it.
Thanks
 Com Raven
07-22-2003, 9:33 PM
While I have no clue how you do [still waiting on my game :) ] I can tell you that it works on the Xbox :)

Oh, and welcome :)
 Ryokirah
07-25-2003, 11:54 PM
it greatly depends on what i'm fighting
honestly i can't remember whati used to do when i didn't have any jedi with me.

now i always bring 3 jedi, they're just too handy. If it's just some troopers shooting you with blasters, then the lightsabres will deflect alot of the shots, esp if you take the jedi defense, which as a guardian i recommend. Also i can't say enough good things about stun/stasis/ and especially statis field. With stasis field i've frozen up to 7 guys in 1 shot for 12 seconds. even if they save, they're slowed.

if i'm fighting weak opponents i just slug it out queueing up flurry and dice em up. If you're fighting dark jedi, i might use force immunity first to reduce force powers. if you're fighting anything mechanical (droids/turrets) - and i can't stress this enough - stun/disable/destroy droid force power is INVALUABLE. they almost never save against it, if at all and it does damage and stuns. i set 2 guys to attacking and one guy to fill up his queue with destroy droid.

and as i've mentioned in another post, my main PC has the dbl-bladed lightsabre (better than 2 seperate ones), flurry and master speed for 5 att per round for those though baddies like terantaks and powerful dark jedi

generally i baby my guys during combat because my PC kills so fast, pausing it every few rounds to make up for the ai job. i have to manually switch targets and load up flurry every time because it automatically goes to normal attack.

the only reason i wouldn't bring all jedi (heal/stasisfield/destroydriod) is because i HAVE to bring someone else, or because i think HK-47 is too funny not to bring sometimes.
 Magar
07-26-2003, 3:09 PM
and as i've mentioned in another post, my main PC has the dbl-bladed lightsabre (better than 2 seperate ones),
I have to disagree - 2 sabers is definately the way to go, because you then have the ability to use 4 'upgrades' instead of 2, and when you have some nice crystals like the increased blocking, that really makes a difference, as you can put the higher dmage crystals in the main hand, and the blocking on the off hand, giving you more benefit and overall, more damage. Without any upgrades thouh, the damage is pretty much the same.
 Ryokirah
07-29-2003, 5:14 AM
i thought of the 2sabres = 4 crystals thing. but it doesn't really help much.

when you add a damage crystal to a dbl-bladed... BOTH attacks get their damage increased.

if you only have 1 sabre with att/dam crystals, then only 1 of your 2 attacks gets boosted in some way.

add in the fact that a dbl-bladed does 2-20 instead of 2-16 and for pure damage/killing purposes, it's better.
 sk8master
08-07-2003, 3:10 AM
Originally posted by natsmash
I was wondering about your queue( pro-spelled that wrong)
does this work on the xbox and if so how do you do it.
Thanks

press x to use queue in xbox game
Page: 1 of 1