Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whats left??

Page: 2 of 2
 StormHammer
07-24-2003, 1:05 PM
Well, other games have been pushed back as well into next year, including Trinity, an FPS from the same crew who brought us RTCW (and on Q3 tech again), and Call Of Duty, from the ex-MOH crew. It's a shame to hear Quake IV probably won't arrive until 2005 - but in terms of JA not being so overshadowed on release this year, then it bodes well for the game.

If you can believe PC Zone's (UK) estimates, we're likely to see the following FPS/TPS games materialise...

August: Counterstrike Condition Zero, Line of Sight: Vietnam, The Great Escape, Tron 2, Pirates Of The Caribbean

September: Apocalyptica (Konami's first PC FPS), Fire Warrior (the first Warhammer 40k FPS), Half-Life 2, Judge Dredd vs Judge Death, Psychotoxic, Raven Shield: Athena Sword, Jedi academy

October: Delta Force Black Hawk Down - Team Sabre, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Painkiller, XIII

November: Far Cry, Halo (Combat Evolved), Mace Griffin, Prince Of Persia, Terminator 3, KOTOR

That is still quite a slew of games, and doesn't take into consideration other genres. Obviously people with differing tastes will hold out for particular titles...but September is quite crowded already in terms of FPS games.
 txa1265
07-24-2003, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
If you can believe PC Zone's (UK) estimates, we're likely to see the following FPS/TPS games materialise...

Well, of course I never trust any of these estimates ... but I also always depend on them :confused:

Let me USA-ize the list based on tothegame.com and others based on some of my primary interests:

August: Tron 2 (don't know the others ... Pirates already out here)

Sept: JA, HL2, Halo, Mace Griffin, MoH:Breakthrough

Oct: KOTOR (I hope :) ), Max Payne 2, Breed, XIII

Nov: Deus Ex 2

Dec: Doom 3

Those are all FPS games (except KOTOR obviously) ...

Mike
 Reprehence
07-24-2003, 8:34 PM
Vietnam:LOS has already been released in the US as well.

If pczone.uk really has a review ready for Aug. does that tell us they are releasing the game based on the market and not when it's done? I imagine there might be one or two rough edges - maybe some MP balancing stuff - but its a little frustrating for those of us who are really looking forward to the game to have to wait until the weather is right.
 toms
07-25-2003, 11:07 AM
damn it! i had better get on with Wind Waker then.... and start saving...:(
 Prime
07-25-2003, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
August: Tron 2 Hey Mike, is that the Tron I think it is? Lightcycles? Glowing armour? And this is the second game? The last Tron game I remember was for the Commadore 64 :)
 Reprehence
07-25-2003, 4:51 PM
I think he meant Tron 2.0 - as in from the other games from ancient times. I think the C64 was the last personal computer game based on tron. So there hasn't been an FPS Tron 1 - but yes it is based on glowly guys and lightcycles. Where've you been? Hiding in a stump? :p
 txa1265
07-25-2003, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Hey Mike, is that the Tron I think it is? Lightcycles? Glowing armour? And this is the second game? The last Tron game I remember was for the Commadore 64 :)

Reprehence was correct - it is Tron 2.0, and they are calling it a 'virtual sequel', with a whole new plotline, but much of the same cool stuff from the movie. That was quite a movie when I was younger ... kind of like The Last Starfighter in terms of breaking ttechnical ground, but I think Tron has lost more of its' luster with time ...

Here is a 3dgamers page for the demo http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tron2/) and tthe homepage is http://www.tron20.net/frameset.html).

Mike
Page: 2 of 2