Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Caption contest?

Page: 1 of 1
 kilohoku
07-16-2003, 1:08 AM
I have seen caption contests before, but I was thinking of bringing one here.

I have seen it where people bring in pictures that are not neccessarily related to the message board, but funny captions are placed on the picture that have some relation to the message board.

So, how many people are willing to go in on this with me?

I was thinking about a weekly caption contest where we set up some rules...

1. To make it easier on the judge(s), one post per person, but as many entries per post as you want.

2. Captions must be related to MI.

3. Captions must follow the rules and guidelines of the posting board.

4. It's an open entry, weekly contest - anyone can enter (or not) if they wish.

5. No prizes are awarded, just bragging rites to the winner (so he can stroke his /her own ego.)

6. This contest will be allowing returning champs each week up to 3 weeks in a row (this rule is negotiable.)

----

But I have my own questions.

Is this kosure to do here?

If so, then how many people are wiling to judge with me? (i don't need many)

-I'm thinking I need 2 other people,
1. they must be able to spell well.
('cause I can't)
2.they need to know good humor.
3.they need to keep their tempers, and be nice to eachother, the participants, and me.

I will need some help in gathering funny pics. (don't send any to me yet.)
---

Well, what do you all think?
 Fred
07-16-2003, 4:48 AM
I'm not sure....I think maybe you should use MI screenshots, and not random pictures pulled from the net.
 kilohoku
07-16-2003, 5:46 AM
I thought of that, but that would be too easy.

"here guybrush is digging for the bone in the graveyard..."

just doesn't seem too funny to me.

I dunno, maybe someone else could come up with something better for a "guybrush digging" pic.

Then again, I just read below where it says "You may not post attachments" and "HTML code is OFF" so that may make doing this kind of thing difficult.

any brite ideas?

(as you can see I'm still just a "Wanna-be Pirate", so I still have a few things to learn)
 Alia
07-16-2003, 3:54 PM
You can have a link to a picture.
 Das Mole
07-16-2003, 10:00 PM
sure, why not do it? i could be a judge as well, i can spell very well, i was in the spelling bee every year at my elementary school (which was a private school for gifted children), so i think that means i can spell pretty damn well. i'm a good judge of humor, sometimes when people are just plain retarded is doesn't make me laugh, though, only things that are actually funny (not stupid funny) make me laugh. and i'm usually pretty tolerant of people's idiocy, i mean, i'm here, right?

so i'll be a judge.
 kilohoku
07-17-2003, 4:00 PM
ok, so it's on. I got one judge so I need another, but never-the-less we are going ahead with it.

Only one problem, I'm kind of dumb with a few details here. Can anyone explain to me how to post a pic? :eek: :confused: :p :D
 Das Mole
07-17-2003, 4:09 PM
there's a button on the post reply screen that says "IMG", press that and then enter the url of your pic.
 kilohoku
07-18-2003, 3:16 AM
:p thanks

ok, so, I think what we'll do then, is post the first one on Sunday and the next Saturday have the judging.

I have a few pics, but it would be nice if some nice folks would email me some. I have my email open (as far as I can tell anyway) so if you want to have a pic on here then send it to me.
 Cutthroat_Nick
07-19-2003, 6:10 AM
Is this really going anywhere?
 Ray Jones
07-19-2003, 8:30 AM
it leads to more than your questions NICK..

this is the game section nick.. and sometimes people in here are kind of shy .. so it has to develop a bit.
 Alia
07-19-2003, 12:24 PM
I'll be a judge if you like, I have good spelling. You can just tell I taught myself how to spell. :p
 Ray Jones
07-21-2003, 7:56 AM
oh.. you know how to spell..

then spell 'transmyofigration'

;)

then spell "Ray Jones rulz." ..

hmm.
Page: 1 of 1