Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help wanted for Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 fan movie

Page: 1 of 4
 Lindsey
07-15-2003, 6:37 PM
I am planning a Star Wars fan film based in the Jedi Knight 2 game. Details are still being worked out, but I need about 31 people to help out. I also need a server that can support 32 players. Once done, the movie will appear on atomfilms.com which is a site that contains a number of star wars films. Players that sign up must be able to follow certain tasks. I am planning to shoot this movie using motion capture. For most of the movie I will be in spectator mode to capture the action from different angles. 1 of the levels I will be using is the Sand Arena 2 level. I plan to make an episode 2 like final end to the movie. So some players in battle droid skins would fight jedi. Then after a bit a couple of jedi would confront the evil sith. The movie would have a couple more levels to move the story along, but those are still being worked out. Anyone who signs up must also have the duelers mod 1.2.1 because of all the custom saber hilts, you might also want to get the duelers skin pack as well. When enough people sign up, I will lay out the rest of the needs of the movie. This is a great idea for a great movie so please reply to this thread saying you want in!!
 legameboy
07-15-2003, 6:51 PM
I'd like to help, I'm good at being the grunt. ;)
 ZBomber
07-15-2003, 9:37 PM
I'd be glad to help. :)

AIM: Jangoboba7
MSN: cm_zbomber(at)hotmail.com
E-Mail: Same as MSN.

Or just PM me here at LF. :)
 Lindsey
07-16-2003, 2:36 PM
My script is nearing completion. The level needs will be posted here soon, but everyone will need the battle droid MP models from jediknight.net files section. I need more people to sign up to be battle droids and jedi.
 legameboy
07-16-2003, 2:42 PM
I'll sign up to be a battledroid or a padawan jedi if you would like. :)

Email: sargykid@hotmail.com
MSN: sargykid@hotmail.com
Yahoo: legamboy
or PM me.

Note, do not email my Yahoo email because I don't check it. :)
 Lindsey
07-16-2003, 3:11 PM
Ask around the game online or here to see if people would like to join in. Im trying my best, but finding 29 people to act is slow going stuff. If you can find anybody, I'd be very happy.
 Domo-Kun
07-16-2003, 3:19 PM
I'm willing to be in this production!

e-mail: loszain@yahoo.ca
 ZBomber
07-16-2003, 5:07 PM
I'd be a battle droid, since I'm betetr with guns than sabers.:)
 legameboy
07-16-2003, 5:34 PM
I just posted a thread in the off-topic section of StarWarsKnights.com and another in The Pilot's lounge in the RogueSquadron forum. :)
 Lion275
07-16-2003, 5:46 PM
Hey, I'll be glad to help out :)

E-mail lion_275@yahoo.com
AOLScreenName KOP_Lion
ICQ 103541770

(You can put me in any role you want too, except padme)
:p
 boinga1
07-16-2003, 11:10 PM
I vish to offer my services as a kick-butt Jedi Master. I vill win ze day as a varrior.[/German accent]

Yeah, I'll help.
 JEDI67
07-16-2003, 11:24 PM
I would love to help if you have any places left:D?
 Lindsey
07-17-2003, 11:44 PM
My script calls for a Sith hacker player, a Bounty Hunter sidekick to the sith fellow, and 7 members besides me that belong to a JK2 Beta Testers Elite group in the movie. It also came to mind that some of the main players in the movies will need doubles in spec. mode to chat for them during the action parts. Otherwise in parts like saber holds or quick scenes, chat windows will go up and there will be a long pause, not very movie like. Chat doubles will still have a chance to play in the movie, they just have to take turns chatting for the main people one in a while. Chat doubles will also have to have the same name as the player they are talking as. Sith skins are still being thought of, but the bounty hunter skin comes from the file Mandalorian on jediknightii.nets file section. This file has a ton of jango/boba like suits, and I plan to use many of them in the movie. I've only got six people signed up in this thread. I need a 25 more, and some extra people in case some players get caught up in other things. plz sign up now!! :fett:
 Lindsey
07-17-2003, 11:45 PM
My script calls for a Sith hacker player, a Bounty Hunter sidekick to the sith fellow, and 7 members besides me that belong to a JK2 Beta Testers Elite group in the movie. Sith skins are still being thought of, but the bounty hunter skin comes from the file Mandalorian on jediknightii.nets file section. This file has a ton of jango/boba like suits, and I plan to use many of them in the movie. I've only got six people signed up in this thread. I need a 25 more, and some extra people in case some players get caught up in other things. plz sign up now!! :fett:
 JEDI67
07-18-2003, 12:12 AM
How do you sign up?
 Lindsey
07-18-2003, 12:19 AM
just reply to this thread that you want in, then you are signed up. When im ready to start filming ill post the notice here.
 JEDI67
07-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Ok thanks well I want in then.:D
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-18-2003, 3:58 AM
Wouldn't it be better to dub in actual speaking rather than have doubles typing in chat that appears briefly in the corner of the screen? Having doubles type stuff in during action scenes would be very difficult to coordinate as well as hard to read with all the other messages like "so and so killed so and so". Look at what happens during a fast-paced game: chat is up there for less than a second before it's replaced by "Player A blasted Player B". And people wont be able to open up the console in the movie to scroll up and see what somebody said. Using "chat doubles" also uses up limited and valuable spots on the server.
 BigTeddyPaul
07-18-2003, 4:51 AM
I am excellent in weapons and saber so you do with me as you wish but I would like to help if indeed you do get 30 other people together at once.

AIM: BigTeddyPaul
Email: sexyprz@hotmail.com

BigTeddyPaul
 Reclaimer
07-18-2003, 9:38 AM
Good Luck because if Z is helping you got it MADE!
 griff38
07-18-2003, 12:51 PM
I really enjoy media projects using JKO and other fps games. I have made several myself and understand the work involved. I would like to help out, I have watched about 90% of the films at the site you mentioned and think your project will go over well.

Please allow me to assist, I follow orders very well.

PS I joined your ctf match there the other day and helped you catch blue up and pass red for the finish.
 Lindsey
07-18-2003, 2:24 PM
Admin Amidalia has givin me a new idea, when im editing the movie parts, ill put larger text in. A computer whiz friend of mine is helping with the motion capture, and says this is possible. The movie dubs are a good idea, and I plan to have some music and sounds from the battle at geonosis, but voicing is difficult, and most online games in reality don't have them yet. This movie is supposed to be set in the online world. Thanks to all the people that are signing up. If we want to get this thing moving soon tho, we all have to ask around online if anyone wants to be in the movie. :bdroid2:
 legameboy
07-18-2003, 2:37 PM
I'll be anything you want me to be. I'll even be a battledroid :bdroid1: :) .
 Bob Gnarly
07-18-2003, 5:34 PM
I'd love to help but im not sure about the space on my computer and stuff, and Ohhhh Its beeenn sooooooo longggg, since ive played this game.
 Lindsey
07-19-2003, 1:09 PM
Ok I think I've have the story worked out, so I've made a list of files you will need for the movie. You will need Duels Mod 1.2.1, Battle Droid MP models, The duel level KaminoX, the Sand Arena 2 level, the skin file Movie_Models (these contain clone troopers)and the Mandalorian Skin pack. It is important that you have all these files, as some players may switch skins at different times throughout the shooting of the clips. I also need more people to sign up. Theres lots of room, so plz join our project now!!
 legameboy
07-19-2003, 1:14 PM
Mandalorian Skin Pack (/)
MP Battledroid Models (/)
KaminoX (Don't know where to get)
Duelers Mod 1.2.1 (Know where to get)
Movie_Models (Don't Know where to get)

Will someone give me the link to some of the files so I get the right ones. :confused: Thank you in advance. :)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-19-2003, 2:02 PM
You should probably use the latest version of Duelers Mod, which is 1.3, available here: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=15685)

There is more than one Kamino dueling map, I think this is the nicest one: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=8896)

Sand Arena 2 is here with music: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4778)

or no music: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4779)

Clonetroopers? Is this what you mean: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4533)

Battledroid Multiplayer: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4786)

The latest Mandalorian Skin Pack: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=13555)

I have increased the capacity of the Chop Shop server (IP 64.246.58.228) to 32 to serve as a "movie set". Participants will be given a password and the server will be a "closed set" on the day of shooting (you will need the password to enter the server).
 legameboy
07-19-2003, 2:03 PM
Wow, thank you very much for the links, this'll be great. :D
 Lindsey
07-19-2003, 5:19 PM
If my counting skills are correct, we have about 11 people willing to be in the movie. We still need 20 people to help us. I'd also like to do a test trial of the sand arena 2 battle when we get enough people. My friend who has the motion capture card on his system is going to conjoin his system with mine, and his time is limited. I'd like to try everyones part out in the big battle, so when the big day comes, we can do it right the first time. So ask around online if people want parts. I also posted a thread on jk2files.com in the general discussion board with the same title.:fett:
 Agen_Terminator
07-19-2003, 9:08 PM
meh, my post must've never got through a while ago... sign me up :D

msn/e-mail:agen_terminator @ hotmail.com
aim: agenterminator
Y! agenterminator

:)
 Father Torque
07-19-2003, 9:17 PM
I wish to join.

Ummn, i can do anything but can i discuss it with you perhaps on AIM or MSN:)

AIM: stanforddude18
MSN: McKalister27@hotmail.com ( or Father Torque )

What kind of movie will it be. And can I be my colonel Sanders model at my KFC map. It would add some comic to the movie.

Edit: I didnt read the whole thing. Scratch that idea. Can i be someone important. I play the gamealot. And know some cool things:) . Maybe I could be the sidekick to the sith:D . I am good with explosives. And i am usually a master sniper. I specialize in healing and team play.
 Lindsey
07-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Ok, if anyone wants to ask me anything about the movie online, you can most times find me playing on the Chop Shop servers (Admin Amidala runs one of them, we're using hers for the movie), most times, I play on the Chop Shop DISRUPTION server (can't get enough of it) so those who have thoughts on the movie can talk to me there. I play from 8 to 9 tue, thur, sat, and 9 to 10 mon, wed, fri (I have a brother who shares the pc with me :( , and I have dinner inbetween those times. I always leave my pla yer idle on the server, so if you come on and I look like a statue, wait, and i'll get back to you as soon as I can :D
 Zell_RPS_L
07-20-2003, 12:48 AM
Yah, I'de like to apply to join too. I go on Chop Shop ONE-HIT SABER KILLS everday. If you wish to ever get in contact with me or anything, I always have my own website: www.rpscity.cjb.net) (http://www.rpscity.cjb.net). I like helping out for the server and just want to be known as a friendly person. ~Zell [RPS] -L- AKA :fett: Boba Fett~

http://members.hometown.aol.com/nekoboydave/images/rpsforumlogo.jpg) (http://www.rpscity.cjb.net)
 legameboy
07-20-2003, 12:55 AM
What is the I.P. for the Chop-Shop DISRUPTION Server? :)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-20-2003, 3:57 AM
Chop Shop DISRUPTION! is at 64.246.58.192, where Lindsey plays most often. Chop Shop FFA-CTF server, the 32-player server where the movie will be made, is at 64.246.58.228. I own and run both servers. I am also running a third server, Chop Shop Duelers Mod server at 12.225.192.16. It is running Duelers Mod 1.3, the latest version. You can use it to verify that you installed the mod correctly. Download the .zip file and unzip it. It will give you a folder called "Duelers". MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE ENTIRE DUELERS FOLDER IN YOUR GameData FOLDER. DO NOT TAKE THE .PK3 FILES OUT OF THE FOLDER AND PUT THEM IN YOUR BASE FOLDER LIKE YOU DO FOR MAPS AND SKINS. If you do that the mod will not work. If you have it installed correctly, you will be able to join and stay on the server. If not, you will disconnect after a few seconds. Once you are on the server, check it out, it has some cool features: double-bladed sabers, 2 sabers, both with customizable colors and hilts and two new stances, Orange and Purple. The sabers also sound better. There is also a jetpack and grappling hook. You can do different cartwheels instead of just rolling on the ground. There are some bots there to mess with and see the realistic sizing: Desann is tall and Ugnaught is short. There are THREE types of duels you can challenge others to: no Force, no Force with saber throw, and Full Force. Saber off, challenge a bot that is also saber off to a duel, and the bot will accept your challenge! When you are dueling, everyone else becomes invisible (except your opponent of course) until the duel is over, then they magically reappear. Make sure your Duelers mod is working properly now before shooting (the movie) begins.
 Lindsey
07-20-2003, 12:28 PM
perhaps we can hold a trial run of the sand arena 2 level this coming tusday on the chop shop server? That way we can try people out in droid skins and see how it will look. Also, what command do you use for 2 sabers? (1 in each hand) I can get double ended saber like maul, but never 2 like anikin.
 legameboy
07-20-2003, 12:39 PM
1. What excact time? (to be sure)
2. Which ChopShop server? (to be sure)
EDIT: My name on a server is either Hottomatoe Soup or legameboy.
EDITEDIT: A major problem, I went to test duelers mod out, so I went to setup then to mods, double-clicked on 'duelers' and then went to test it out be creating a server, well, when everything finishes loading, and right when I'm about to get in the game it says 'Server Disconnected'. I have no clue whatsoever what is wrong.
EDITEDITEDIT: Also, I added those three ChopShop IPs to my favorites, and only one showed up. It was the FFA-CTF one I believe, I just seem to hae problems today, what am I doing wrong?

:(
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-20-2003, 2:50 PM
Lindsey,
1- I need to know exactly what time (Pacific Daylight Time) Tuesday night. Switching from Jedi Academy Mod to Duelers Mod is done with a command line change and server restart that only my server hosting company can perform. I need an ending time also because they will have to change the command line and restart to get back to Jedi Academy Mod that I normally run on that server. I wont lock the server for the rehersal, but players will need both the Sand Arena 2 Map (Lindsey please tell us exactly which one to use, the one with music or without music. I vote for with music) and a WORKING installation of Duelers Mod 1.3 to join the server. They will need to download and install all the skins in their \GameData\Base folder or else everyone will look like Kyle. Unlike maps, servers can't autodownload skin files, each client must already have them. Again, please read my previous post about installing Duelers Mod. I encourage everyone to use my test server at 12.225.192.16 to make sure you have installed properly.

2- To get 2 sabers, once you have joined the game go to Controls, Other, and you can select which key to bind for Dual Sabers (and dual blades). Then go to Setup, Blade Colors, Activate Custom Saber: yes, and select your blade colors. Then go to Core Colors and select blade core colors. There is also an Animations menu item to select types of cartwheels you can do.

legameboy
1. See above.
2. Main Chop Shop server at 64.246.58.228
3. You probably haven't installed correctly. Read my previous post. Make sure you put the ENTIRE Duelers folder in your \GameData folder, not the \GameData\Base folder. Also, move all other mods you might have installed somewhere else (out of GameData) because mods can interfere with each other, even older versions of the same mod.
4. Go to Play, Join Server, Source: Internet, Game:all, Type:all, View Empty: No, View Full: Yes. Then click on Server Name to order them alphabetically. Go to the section where names begin with plain white letters, in the C's you should see all 3 Chop Shop Servers.
 XIII the Ninja
07-20-2003, 4:34 PM
I would like to be in it talk to me on the server for ddetails.
 Lindsey
07-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Perhaps we can do the trial run at 7 Pm PST? that way, I could do the trial for 2 hours before my bro has his turn :(. To everyone who has signed up, I ask that you be there. You must have the battle droid MP model (search for that name on jediknightii.net), the sand arena 2 level WITH MUSIC, the duelers mod 1.3, and the mandalorian file (use the search phase "bounty hunter" (but without the ") on jediknightii.net to find that file. Hopefully, we will get the last 10 or so people in time for the trial. See ya then! :cool:
 ZBomber
07-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Cool. I'll be there. :)
 Dovienya
07-21-2003, 1:26 AM
If your date and time is right I'd be happy to help out however is needed. Just send me an email or catch me on chop shop.

Dovienya
 Lion275
07-21-2003, 2:58 AM
eh sorry i missed it, my router crapped out :(

I'am getting the files now, and hopefully be ready to test sometime today (Mon. 7-21-03)
 Lion275
07-21-2003, 3:18 AM
Lindsey, I'am having serious probloms with Lucas Fourms, whenever I try to go to the site it wont load. It's really p*&^ing me off, please e-mail me at lion_275@yahoo.com and I'll e-mail you back. :cool:
 Lindsey
07-21-2003, 3:27 PM
yea, I don't know why this site has so much trouble loading sometimes. It just sits there for a loooooooong time, then it wheezes the page out.
 boinga1
07-22-2003, 12:36 AM
Installed Version of Duelers 1.3: Affirmative.
Installed Version of Duelers 1.2.1: Negative.
Latest Battle Droid Models from jk2files.com: Affirmative.
Mandalorian Skin Pack: Affirmative.
Sand Arena 2: Affirmative.
KaminoX:Negative.*
Latest Kamino Map: Affirmative.
Movie Models:Negative.*

I am not all ready to go, unfortunately.

*Note: These models were seen at www.jediknightii.net), but could not be downloaded because the files server appears to be down.
 Lindsey
07-22-2003, 3:39 AM
your good to go, some of the files (like kaminox) won't be needed. As for the movie models file, check www.jk2files.com). Make sure dulers is working, i have 1.3 but not 1.2.1, test it on chop shop movie test server which is up tonight.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-22-2003, 6:13 AM
OK, I have made arrangements with my server host (Lindsey could you please give them a "Filmed on location at Chop Shop ONE-HIT SABER KILLS, hosted by www.JediServers.com") credit?) to change to Duelers Mod 1.3 Tuesday night 7/22 between 7:00PM and 9:00PM. I have setup the server for normal (wimpy) saber damage, although dismemberment is still on so we can see Jango Fett's head come off like in AOTC. It will start on the sandarena2 map with no time or frag limits. Call a vote to change maps. Unfortunately, neither duel_kaminoan nor duel_kamino normally supported FFA (free for all) game type, only duel game type, so I modified duel_kaminoan to allow FFA game type. Both sandarena2 and duel_kaminoan are fantastic, wait until you see! I enabled the Jedi vs. Merc option so everyone keeps their roles straight. When you join the game, you have to choose: Jedi, yes or no. If yes, you can use the lightsaber (single, 2 sabers, or dual blades) and the Force, but you can't use guns, the jetpack, or the grappling hook. If you choose Jedi no, you can't use the lightsaber or the Force, but you start out with several guns and ammo, and can pick up others, and you can use the jetpack and grappling hook. If you haven't used the grappling hook before, you aim at something (like the top of a wall or tower) and fire the grappling hook. Hold down the key until the hook hits, then you will be pulled up to where it hit. Keep the key held down and you will stay there until you let go.

Please make sure you have Duelers 1.3 ONLY. Having an earlier version might keep 1.3 from running properly. Go to 12.225.192.16 to test your installation. It is also running the sandarena2 map. Make sure you also have duel_kaminoAN, not duel_kamino, as well as all the skin files.
 Lindsey
07-22-2003, 2:32 PM
I wondered if its possible to have 1 hit saber kills on droids? Also, does your server support cheats? then all the jedi could have god mode on at certain times so they wouldnt be harmed by the droids firing at them, cause some of the planned scenes have a heck of a lot of chaos going on. But yea, if you can get the 1 hit saber kills back up, it would look better in the movie if you didnt see a jedi hit a droid 10 times just to see his arm fall off, that and the green shield, but keep the shield stuff for the jetpack.

P.S. filming should start soon, my friend just came out of U.C.S.C and is finishing up some things. See you tonight!!
 ZBomber
07-22-2003, 4:11 PM
Er... what time are we going by? I Live in Massachusetts, USA, and my timezone is EST, somehting like -5 GMT or soemthign liek that. :)
Page: 1 of 4