Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Indie IV

Page: 1 of 1
 OmegaNothing
07-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Anyone know the release date of Indiana Jones IV??
 pleto4_ryan
07-08-2003, 6:37 AM
from what i know Summer 2005...but nothing is sure ;)
 Lynk Former
07-08-2003, 8:20 AM
Remember, GL is uber busy with Ep 3 *nods* dunno what Steve is doin though
 OmegaNothing
07-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Lol Steve is probably sitting in house wondering how he could get Haley Joel Osmond into the movie. Thats cool, SW and Indie in the same summer, thats a good year for movies already.
 The Cheat
07-10-2003, 12:19 AM
i cant wait, i hope the guy that plays the dwarf in the lord of the rings is in it again
 boinga1
07-10-2003, 8:13 PM
I think the proper spelling is Indy...

Gimli? He was in an Indy film? Where?
 OmegaNothing
07-11-2003, 3:03 PM
I think the proper spelling is Indy...

Gimli? He was in an Indy film? Where?

I don't really whether its Indy or Indie people knew what I was talking about. And yea, John Rhys-Davies was in two Indiana Jones, have you even seen them? He was Sallah in Raiders' and The last crusade......
 Jedi_Monk
07-16-2003, 4:53 PM
 boinga1
07-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by OmegaNothing
And yea, John Rhys-Davies was in two Indiana Jones, have you even seen them? He was Sallah in Raiders' and The last crusade......

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

:lol:
 Tufkad
07-23-2003, 8:16 AM
I just heard (read, actually) a rumor that Natalie Portman might play Indiana's daughter, and almost wet myself... :o

Does anyone know if this is true? I would be quite excited if it is....:amidala: :amidala: :amidala:
 STTCT
07-23-2003, 8:50 AM
um.....

wow

that would mean....2 people whom which have been in a SW movie would be in a IJ movie....wow
 Boba Rhett
07-23-2003, 8:55 AM
I hope it's not true.
 STTCT
07-23-2003, 9:24 AM
why not! ?
 Boba Rhett
07-23-2003, 12:29 PM
It'll rip me out of thre Indyverse while I'm watching the movie! I have a hard enough time not yelling, "Go Han!" :p
 Jedi_Monk
07-24-2003, 3:03 AM
that would mean....2 people whom which have been in a SW movie would be in a IJ movie....wow
Sleepy Hollow (Tim Burton's version) had three SW people... ooh! All Sith Lords! Palpatine, Dooku and Maul!
 Kain
07-24-2003, 3:17 AM
You'd think they'd of stopped after the LAST Crusade because it was the LAST Crusade...ah well...It'll be better than Rocky 6 I suppose...especially after Rocky 5...bastards.
 Bob Gnarly
07-25-2003, 11:10 AM
I cant wait for 4 and i also share Rhetts feelings its bad enough GL had to name a club OBi Wan, i mean come on WTF is that supposed to mean and why would you name a club obi wan???

I havnt heard anything about Portman but what i do know for sure, sure, sure is that all his old girlfriends will be back ;).

Plus i think Harrison Ford looks just as young as any actor out there.

Just to keep things in perspective, here is what we definitely know about Indiana Jones IV:
-The story will be set in the 1950s to take into account Harrison Ford's age.
-The Nazis will not be the villains.
-Indy will not have a son (no word yet on a daughter).
-Sean Connery is being considered to appear in the film and has expressed interest, but he has yet to be officially confirmed.
-Frank Darabont is writing the script based on a George Lucas story. Lucas will also produce and Steven Spielberg will direct.
 Lynk Former
07-25-2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by -=K1ngPin=-
-The story will be set in the 1950s to take into account Harrison Ford's age.
-The Nazis will not be the villains.

lol of course the Nazi's wont be the villians since it's the 50s XD ahahahaha
 Bob Gnarly
07-25-2003, 1:22 PM
Lynk ever heard of Neo nazis they exist in todays world :o . Therefore i find it resonable if they wanna slip in a:

Nazis, i hate these guys...
 Tufkad
07-25-2003, 8:57 PM
I cant wait for 4 and i also share Rhetts feelings its bad enough GL had to name a club OBi Wan, i mean come on WTF is that supposed to mean and why would you name a club obi wan??? Bah, I'd go there, if just for the name...

Anyway, here's my information, taken from a site, on a page about rumored upcoming movies:
[quoute]
Title : "Indiana Jones 4"
Director : Steven Spielberg
Cast : Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Kate Capshaw.
Genre : Adventure
Story : The last installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place in the 1950's according to Harrison Ford. In a recent interview with Total Film Ford said: "With Indiana, there will be different aspects of his character that [George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and I are] working on. We'll see him in the '50s in America, or at least for part of the film, and I think that's an interesting opportunity there." Natalie would play Indy's daughter.
Production : Paramount.
Reported by : Coming Attractions (August 2000).

[/quote]

Didn't say where they got that info though.

Also the enemies - I heard it could be Soviets..? Instead of Nazis. Anyone think so?
 JediNyt
07-26-2003, 6:14 AM
Yeah Soviets would make sense since its during the Cold War and all.
 Lynk Former
07-26-2003, 7:09 AM
Originally posted by -=K1ngPin=-
Lynk ever heard of Neo nazis they exist in todays world :o

Yeah but they aren't as threatening as the originals ya know. They're nothing compared to what the originals did so ner :xp:
 OmegaNothing
07-29-2003, 3:33 PM
I've heard from a friend that Spielburg doesn't want anything to do with the movie, including directing it. I hope this isn't the case . . . .
 Bob Gnarly
07-29-2003, 3:54 PM
No, Steven Speilberg is Directing it, and George Lucas is only Producing it and has writing credits.
 OmegaNothing
07-29-2003, 8:10 PM
Thank god! Lucas will have his hands tied up with Episode III anyway.
 Bob Gnarly
07-29-2003, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by OmegaNothing
Thank god! Lucas will have his hands tied up with Episode III anyway. No he wont as i said hes Producing it which means theres not much for him to do and the writing credits are only characters and something else.
Page: 1 of 1