Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Seeking to appeal a closure

Page: 1 of 1
 Zoom Rabbit
07-04-2003, 7:54 AM
Greetings. :)

I would like to petition for the reopening of a thread that was closed in the Pilot's Lounge over at RSN. Zbomber started the thread with a title indicating one topic, then changed the subject in his opening text to another. Not a standard ploy, mind you, but the thread that followed was turning into a nice, lively discussion about collecting.

Then a supermoderator unceremoniously closed the thread and insulted the forum in his final post. Please visit http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103589) and see this for yourselves.

Personally, I was looking forward to talking more about my own collecting hobby. Could this thread be reopened?

Thank you! :)

--ZR
 edlib
07-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Closing the topic seems a bit harsh.

A strongly worded request from a mod to have the original poster re-NAME the thread seems a more appropriate action. Or at least a warning before the gates were slammed.

Perhaps someone could split the collecting topic part of the conversation into a new thread, leaving the "leaving" part behind.
 Lynk Former
07-04-2003, 3:00 PM
Hmmmmmm yeah it was unfairly closed. Z did have an actual decent question to ask. Sure there was a little bit of mucking around in there but it's just to add a little sugar and spice to a thread dammit! I can either get Cracken to reopen or persuade Leemu to open it again himself.
 Zoom Rabbit
07-04-2003, 5:43 PM
Well, if you don't you'll never, ever get to hear about my spawn figures collection...

;)
 Lujayne
07-04-2003, 8:08 PM
Perhaps we could convince the super-mod guy to re-open it! Where is he? Leemu?? n____n Where are you? The serfs require your assistance. Be a nice guy! Reopen it and just change the subject line!
^_^
~L!

p.s. For anyone wondering why I don't just go open it myself: I've vowed never to overrule another mod's judgement without his consent like that! If I had closed/opened/whatevered a thread, and someone else just re-opened it when I wasn't looking, that would really piss me off. So lets just make sure he sees this before anything is done. Yay!
 Nitro
07-05-2003, 12:34 AM
What everyone else said.

A worthy cause indeed, Zoomie.
 Lynk Former
07-05-2003, 5:43 AM
Aright, I've gotten Leemu to reopen it and told him not to be a grumpy supermod *nods*

I may just be a simple mod but I can still make ppl higher than me do things :evil2:
 Zoom Rabbit
07-05-2003, 8:40 AM
Thanks, guys! :D

We can successfully call this operation a success. I know how it feels when one of your threads is closed...not good. ;) Now ZBomber will get to learn to title his threads correctly instead of feeling 'picked on' and harboring resentment.

Happy endings. :max:
 Redwing
07-06-2003, 9:02 AM
First: You could've always posted in the actual Help/Feedback center, as I'd be very surprised to see Leemu here. :D

Second: Users cannot change the displayed title of their topic. Only moderators can. Try it and see...

Third: ~L, if everyone followed your policy we would've avoided ALOT of trouble in recent times. ^_^;
 Lujayne
07-07-2003, 2:50 AM
Well, I don't know where I've been, but I must've missed this conflict you are referring to! O___o

Yeah, too bad everyone in the world can't be like me; boy, would I be a lot happier! ^___^

That, or extremely miserable... @___x
 Lynk Former
07-07-2003, 7:29 AM
*imagines everyone in the world grasping nittles* ... no that's just wrong... WRONG!!
 Lujayne
07-07-2003, 4:21 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Page: 1 of 1