Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber Poll

Page: 2 of 2
 JerAir
07-13-2003, 7:24 PM
I want to use an extended saber, so I put single
 Xizor's killer
07-19-2003, 9:00 AM
Lightstaff
The destroyer will rock again oooh yeah!
*Gyrates hips in Duffman fashion*
 Rockstar
07-21-2003, 7:47 AM
personally i don't think the duel sabers would any harder to master than the rest of them. i think the controls for them will be similar to the other 2 except there will be lots of spins (like blue style)

as for extended sabers im glad they aren't implementing them because its doubtful under the current lightsaber module longer sabers would probably provide an advantage with no vices, so i think we all stay happy with the current system :)
 Rockstar
07-28-2003, 11:22 AM
yeah, i agree that anyone could use a lightstaff but in practice choose not to because of its disadvantageous restrictive movements. Even Maul used his as a standard saber when he took Qui-Gon 1v1 on tatooine. As for the end where he defeats Qui-Gon, i guess he used the staff prob coz: a) he'd been using it so far and readjusting would probably be a hassle, and b) the fans wanted to see a single vs double blade :D

and if i remember correct i read (correct me if im wrong people :)) that all powers can be used with any saber combination.
 [Karl]
07-28-2003, 11:56 AM
I might use the lightstaff. But is it possible to turn of one of its blades? So it can act like a single saber, then if say more sith jump in i can turn it into a lightstaff so i can take on more people.
 txa1265
07-28-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by [Karl]
I might use the lightstaff. But is it possible to turn of one of its blades? So it can act like a single saber, then if say more sith jump in i can turn it into a lightstaff so i can take on more people. Apparently one of the Gamespot videos showed something like that. However, we don't know for sure (remember that the dual saber to saberstaff thing in the trailer was a cheat).

To me it makes sense.

Mike
 Prime
07-28-2003, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by [Karl]
I might use the lightstaff. But is it possible to turn of one of its blades? So it can act like a single saber, then if say more sith jump in i can turn it into a lightstaff so i can take on more people. IIRC the developers have said that you won't be able to do this, for balance reasons. This is the same reason why they decided to get rid of being able to split a lightstaff into two lightsabers. I haven't seen the video that Mike is refering to though...
 txa1265
07-28-2003, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Prime
IIRC the developers have said that you won't be able to do this, for balance reasons. This is the same reason why they decided to get rid of being able to split a lightstaff into two lightsabers. I haven't seen the video that Mike is refering to though...

It wasn't the official trailer, but I think in the shaky-cam video that I can't find anywhere anymore ... if anyone has the link ...

Mike
 [Karl]
07-28-2003, 9:09 PM
I'll guess i have to wait and see if i can make my lightstaff switch from single to double. If i can't then i'm sticking with a good old single lightsaber.
 Darth]-[azard
07-29-2003, 2:09 AM
1 single Saber. Light Gauge for highspeed flury attacks and speed.
 Crow_Nest
07-30-2003, 7:41 AM
I voted single bladed, it may do lesser damage but can be very useful at times.:)
 HertogJan
07-30-2003, 8:15 AM
I've turned, I want to use the double bladed one!! I just watched the EPI fight with Maul :) And then I watched the JA movies and well... It looks cool :) I'm also going to change the color I use, I want an orange one!! A nice beer-like color ;)
 Ackehallgren
07-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Two sabers, yellow and green
 Cosmos Jack
08-02-2003, 12:01 AM
I guess I'm going to be one of the few "Double Bladed Saber" or "Light staff" users out there when this comes out given that this is the lowest % on the pole. I like a change from time to time and I don't care for the "Duel Sabers" myself.

I like playing around with the "THEDESTROYER" cheat in JKO and when the mods started coming out that let you have the staff or duel sabers I didn't like the duel. blah blah blah
 Darth Vicious
08-02-2003, 1:45 AM
A pair of Violet colored lightsabers for me... The Lightstaff is a cool weapon, but I just don't think it's for me.
 boinga1
08-02-2003, 2:20 PM
I think I'll go for the double saber ('lightstaff'), simply because the majority of gamers will go for the dual saber, i believe. Second time through I might try a single saber, or dual sabers if a single saber turns out to be a disadvantage.
 txa1265
08-02-2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
I think I'll go for the double saber ('lightstaff'), simply because the majority of gamers will go for the dual saber, i believe. Second time through I might try a single saber, or dual sabers if a single saber turns out to be a disadvantage. Balance should mean that equally skilled players should have long, satisfying battles with single, dual or lightstaff. However, I think each of us will develop a particular favorite that matches our particular style (I'm compelled to say idiom ... maybe I need to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail again ...) ;)

Mike
 Thazac
08-02-2003, 6:47 PM
As long as JA doesn't develop into the one-style-owns-all that JO is (almost noone uses anything but heavy nowadays... except stubborn me that refuses to put down medium even though this means I have lost about 95% of all duels I've been in) I think people will actually have a favourite and really play with it no matter how bad you fare against an enemy.

I'll eaither use dual (:saberg: one green, one blue :saberb: ) for that real I-0wnz-j00!-feeling or a single green one to make the enemy underestimate me.
 Rockstar
08-03-2003, 1:12 AM
the preconception seems to be that the lightstaff is THE weapon for 2 on 1's. i hope this isn't the case as i think all should be equal

i will be severly pissed off if the single saber is a disadvantage to the other 2

btw, this poll is only relevent to the "true jedi gamers". there will be countless people using the lightstaff and we will probably find the single saber is least used by the noobies
Page: 2 of 2