Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reputation.

Page: 1 of 1
 okenraven
07-02-2003, 4:33 PM
[If you like this ideas, pleas post this message at official boards. I'm european so I will probably not play until european launch and therefore can't post at official boards. ]

I think entertainers and medics should be able to put a reputation (, good or bad,) on somebody who uses their services. If somebody asks a medic for help, get it, and then rudely doesn't tip the medic the medic should be able to give this person a bad reputation. Then, the next time this person ask a medic for help the medic should be able to look at his/her reputation and decide if he/she will help him/her.
I think this is an idea to work on... We got faction points so why not medic "faction" points and entertaining "faction" points? to make sure that people are friendly to the helpful entertainers and medics.

Also. Languages ing SWG should cost skillpoints. If everybodi lerns ALL languages some of the star wars feeling get lost. Maybe not exactly like this but..:

Novice language knowledge - 1 skill point
A person with this skill are able to lern 2 languages.

Linguistics I - 2 skill points
A person with this skill are able to lern 4 languages.

Linguistics II - 3 skill points
A person with this skill are able to lern 6 languages.

Linguistics III - 4 skill points
A person with this skill are able to lern 8 languages.

Linguistics IV - 5 skill points
A person with this skill are able to lern 10 languages.

Master linguist - 6 skill points
A person with this skill are able to lern all languages.
 Jatari Bazrak
07-04-2003, 2:35 PM
I like the language idea but the medic idea...let's just say they could give a chain of medics saying to others on who has a good or band rep.
 Sunshine Badass
07-06-2003, 2:50 AM
Plus, medics and entertainers get tips enough just by offering their services to people. I heal a guy and it takes fifteen minutes to do so, but I rack up 1364 Xp from doing it. I say THIS individual in need of healing just tipped me PLENTY!;) Basically, requiring someone to tip a medic or entertainer is, in my opinion, like asking a dead Bantha to tip you credits after you kill it. You provided your "services" to it, now it DAMN WELL better TIP me, or I am gonna give THAT dead Bantha a bad rep! ;) :D :p

Sorry for saying it that way, but I am currently locked out of my server... I want to play so badly...:(
 Jan Gaarni
07-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Please, for the love of God, don't use the word tip when you talk about paying doctors. :p
Entertainers and bartenders get tipped. Doctors get paid. :D
(unless you are the barkeep who hired the entertainers ;) )

And, yes, I too think the language learning feature is messed up. I just learned how to speak and understand Ryl, Trando, Zabrak, and Rodeese, plus understand Shyriiwook, in less than 1 minute. :)
That's just too fast.

The Devs are aware of it, but I don't know what they plan on doing about it.
 Zenmetsu
07-06-2003, 1:14 PM
I think that your medic idea is a little far fetched but if you simplified it like a Karma rating. I do like your language
idea though.
 Jatari Bazrak
07-08-2003, 5:42 AM
yeah they need to fix it like it needs to take some time to learn a language. let's say you get teached first but your not really good then the next day (or Hour) you can learn it again but your better now.
 Zenmetsu
07-08-2003, 10:21 AM
ya it is to east to learn the languages. 5 min. after i was on I learned all the alnguages from 1 guy.
 Jatari Bazrak
07-08-2003, 12:38 PM
yeah it's not cool the way the did it. I mean you can't have it starwarsy if everyone understands everybody.
 Ayerroes
07-09-2003, 2:18 PM
Actually it wouldn't be Starwarsy if people didn't understand each other, though maybe restrictions on what you can speak would be appropriate, the only people who had extended communication problems throughout the trilogy were Chewbacca, ewoks and Jaba the Hutt, Wookies and Ewoks are obscure races not known for being travelers, and Jabba was faking it ;).
 Exar_reborn
07-10-2003, 2:57 AM
Well I don;t even think they make a difference, i mean they all get translated into Basic anyway so whats the point. Its not like We(the players) are actually learning them and can talk to eachother in them. So i don't think we should make that big of a deal with it. It would ruin a lot of professions and templates, and cause a big ruckus.
Page: 1 of 1