Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Credit thieves

Page: 1 of 1
 Lynk Former
06-30-2003, 6:17 PM
Okay. Something serious has happened lately here in LucasForums. One of our members has recieved an email claiming to be from an important source within LucasForums. It told him/her to refer to an attachment which came up with a single button. If you recieve one of these emails, please get rid of it. Do not open the attachment within the email.

What that attachment does is once you've pressed the button, all of your credits from the present account that is logged in into LucasForums is taken from you and sent to another user.

Attached in this post is a picture the attachment you should look out for. If you get this, get rid of it.
 swphreak
07-01-2003, 3:11 AM
So where exactly did all the points go? Have the thieves been caught and banned yet?
 TheMaestro
07-01-2003, 6:13 AM
The bastids just take'em for themselves. Apparently there lives are so full of lack of sex they get off by seing their name in highlights or italics.

Oh lord...what the world is coming to...
 C Shutt
07-01-2003, 6:50 AM
"Something serious"? They're only forum credits, they're basically worthless. What is the big deal?
 Lynk Former
07-01-2003, 8:26 AM
The point is someone is cheating a system within LucasForums, besides that I can't really tell you anymore than that, otherwise I'd get my ass kicked
 C Shutt
07-01-2003, 9:41 AM
It's a stupid, stupid system, and the fact that so many people are getting worked up over it is legitimately sad.
 STTCT
07-01-2003, 9:51 AM
Well luckily I'm not a mod - so maybe I can say stuff without getting my ass in trouble.

Basically what these guys are doing is straight up bull****. Maybe they are just forum credits but I saw the thread on those that are doing this and I think its sad. They pitch a fit about the people in the swamp when they are no better than everyone else. These people are just bitches for stealing peoples credits. Yes they are just credits, but it goes beyond that. These people are part of community to chat with people. Not to go around stealing lame ass credits. Those that do it should be banned, I don't care how long they've been with the forum.

With an attitude like that Shutt - then just quit being apart of the community if you think its such a stupid system.
 Lynk Former
07-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Exactly, we all know its just some stupid points, but the fact is that what happened was some people cheating on other people in a community and that won't sit well with anyone...
 C Shutt
07-01-2003, 10:41 AM
God, it is just a joke. From what I understand, the people who were "cheated" have received there points back anyway, so I don't see why you continue to make a big deal over something so insignificant.
 STTCT
07-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Of course your going to think that's not a big deal, your an advocator of it.
 Lynk Former
07-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Okay enough pointing and accusing please, don't make me close the thread. Just want to let people know that no matter how stupid it may seem, this kind of thing will not be tolerated.
 C Shutt
07-01-2003, 10:57 AM
Advocator? I didn't even know about this thing until after it was all over. The reason I don't think it's a big deal is because I have some semblance of a sense of humour.
 Lynk Former
07-01-2003, 11:00 AM
ahahaha and you think we don't? jeez which rock have you been hiding under XP lol
 STTCT
07-01-2003, 11:04 AM
 C Shutt
07-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Proof of what? That we've been donating our credits to Thrik as a joke? Why is this something that needs proving? It's not as if we've been trying to hide the fact.
 STTCT
07-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Well you know sometimes we throw down the pitchforks and stones and have a little fun.
 Rogue15
07-01-2003, 11:46 AM
It's spam+stealing, whoever's responsible should be shot and hung upside down so all their blood drains out of their mouth.

gruesome enough for you? I was just kidding. I don't really give a damn, I just think it's childish to go around trying to piss people off.
 superracer0022
07-01-2003, 12:10 PM
yeah it is just wrong for somebody to steal credits, not cool at all
 Jedi Apprentice
07-03-2003, 2:22 AM
Am I the only person who sees the name in the address bar in the attachment Lynk posted? :confused:

A lot of things have been floating around with that name on it.....
 Lynk Former
07-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
Am I the only person who sees the name in the address bar in the attachment Lynk posted? :confused:

A lot of things have been floating around with that name on it.....

that person was a victim, nothing more. got it?
 Jedi Apprentice
07-05-2003, 8:57 PM
Got it...

*scared face*

I wasn't making an assumption, just asking.

Sorry if it sounded bad. :(
Page: 1 of 1