Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mobility Radeon 9000 64meg video card problems

Page: 1 of 1
 TheRexxor
06-30-2003, 5:42 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 8100. 2ghz intell p 4 processor 1 gig of ram
and a Raedon Mobility 9000 card with 64 megs of ram. I tried to call the tech support and they say they will not support the Mobility line of cards.

The problem is that when I try to log into the game it crashes to desktop at about 600X400 resolution and tells me I need to reboot to fix the problem. I reboot and the same thing happens again.

Does anyone know if and how I can get my video card to work with this game? It does work for Everquest. It works for pretty much everything I put on it, this is the first time I have had a problem like this, and no where to get the answers.

Please help )

Thanks in advance.
 SplnterCellJedi
06-30-2003, 7:57 PM
and i quote

"Nividia The Ways Its MENT To Be Played" :p just playin umm pretty much ur screwed if they say it wont support that kind of card. there not anyvary even close to easy way to work around that if any, but u never know but as far as i know theres no way to work around that.
 TheRexxor
06-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Started screwing around with settings in the options window. The SWG options that is on the screen when you hit Play.

Under the tab "Graphics" I added the check mark to the following

1. Disable Vertex and Pixle Shaders

This fixed my problem. Hope this helps all other Laptop users :)
 sexxxy_mark
07-01-2003, 11:12 AM
try going to your video card options via display settings, and look under opengl and direct3d. there should be a button called comaptability, try disabling all of those options.
also try disabling and enabling vsync through the swg options.
i know for a fact, the ati drivers are pretty crappy.
i myself have a radeon 9700 pro and i lock up sometimes.
i first noticed the lockups when i first started playing swg, with catalyst 3.4 drivers.
i went back to catalyst 3.2 drivers and all is well, at least for more than 12 hours at least.
hey, i gotta reboot my computer sometime.
Page: 1 of 1