Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

jumping/falling/underwater swimming

Page: 1 of 1
 caydo
06-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Please tell me that they will be adding these basic features in the upcoming patches. If there is ewok poo poo id like the option of actually jumping over it. If its between being killed by a stormtrooper or me jumping off the cliff into a lake I would atleast like the option. If I drop my cash into the ocean I would like to swim to the bottom and grab my well earned cash.

Plz tell me these will be added )
 Opa
06-23-2003, 1:03 AM
erm not sure when they will and if they will be added. You cannot jump and you cannot swim unerwater but u can swim across it. Thats all I be knowing ;)
 Jatari Bazrak
06-23-2003, 1:40 AM
and there is a jumping emote but you dont gain any height and your money wont fall into the ocean dont worry.
 Jackrabbit
06-23-2003, 3:26 AM
Yeah, you can't drop anything on the ground. There is no falling damage either. If you get to a drop that would kill you, you will go to the edge and teeter. If you want to fall, just tap forward (that's what they said a while ago, I'm not sure if that is still in).
 Opa
06-23-2003, 12:25 PM
if there is no falling damage I am going to jump of some buildings :D Look in the sky its a bird its a plane,.... no thats just a wookie.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Haha. that could be a new tactic where you use your sniperrifle then get your pistol out and jump while fireing. could be cool to a see in a movie.:D
 caydo
06-24-2003, 4:02 PM
Ill make this one short since Im sure most have read the numerous Pros and COns about SWG from beta players.

Ive been waiting patiently over the past few years for the release of SWG, and from what Ive read on the different forums Im not too impressed with the game ATM. Ive played games like EQ, DAOC, SB, AO, and Ill Im gonna say is that most people play a new game for the first free month to determine if this will be the game he/she will spend countless hours of investment on.

I have a good friend who is on beta atm and all the crap that you hear about the game is true! You would think that the dev's would learn from past mistakes on other online games, but it seems they havent. Anyway Ill be praying that they correct all the bs in the game before the first month trial is up, or Im sure they will lose ALOT of people over all this bs.

I mean WTF you spend months on a toon building him/her only to die to PERMADEATH,.,,,WTF is that ,,,unreal ( A game that you cant even swim underwater, fall, or jump Jesus !!! I played super mario brothers on Nintendo back in what ? early 90s and I was able to do what SWG cant even offer (

Im a sadly disappointed gamer atm considering I wasted a crap load of cash on pc gamer books reading up on this dam game only to find out I cant do a simple thing like JUMPING over ewok SH*T ...

/cry

OH and plz dont tell me about the Graphics ,,,PS2 and XBOX has GREAT graphics so what is SWG gonna offer me other than a credit card bill for what? 14-15/month only to permadie after I spent 7 months on my toon...

/cry /cry
 Jackrabbit
06-24-2003, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by caydo
I have a good friend who is on beta atm and all the crap that you hear about the game is true!

All I hear about this game are good things :).

Permadeath is only for Jedi.

Why would we tell you about the graphics? We don't care about them (well, I don't. Graphics are the last thing I look for in a game).

And you don't need jump. Besides, you still have the animation, so you can RP jumping over this imaginary Ewok ****. :D
 Sunshine Badass
06-24-2003, 7:29 PM
I have heard a couple of times, be it a while ago, though, that underwater swimming WILL be added later on. But for release, there is no need to go underwater in the first place, so why have it?

And you may ask; Why have it? Why NOT have it?

Well, then my answer to that is that it would be better to add in later when there is content to see underwater. As I have heard, such things as underwater cities, among other things. Whether or not this was scrapped as an idea long ago, I have no clue. Instead of coming here looking for reasons to not play the game, find better things to do with your time. Go and wait for World's of Warcraft. THAT should have some jumping and underwater swimming in it. :rolleyes:

We are not here to justify this game to you, the game is here to entertain those who want it, not those feeling that they are forced into playing a game with no jumping.:D ;) :p
Page: 1 of 1