Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

apartments/renting homes

Page: 1 of 1
 Meathook
06-22-2003, 4:29 PM
is there a system for renting out homes, or making an apartment building and renting rooms... or the like?

:D thx :D
 Lord_Vessen
06-22-2003, 4:55 PM
If you make a home it takes 24 hours real time to build. You can rent apartments in cities. The system is you give them money and you'll get a home.:)
 Meathook
06-22-2003, 6:45 PM
I'm sorry... I meant... can I be a landlord?
 big_bob_the1st
06-22-2003, 9:24 PM
It would make sense that u can. Even if it's not offical, u could build a house then post a message somewhere undercutting the price of rent of an apartment and where it is and people could rent it from u. even if it invloves manually "give" u money on a regular basis. U just got to be cheaper then offical apartments. I guess the house would still be in ur name and u'd want to be fairly good at fighting (or have a friend who is) incase people don't want to pay.
 swediot=)
06-23-2003, 6:44 AM
not necesseray if you own the house you control who can go in and out if they pay you the rent you makesure that like only they can get in if they dont pay you ban them from the building... simple they pay but you hold the keys :D
 Opa
06-23-2003, 1:27 PM
hey thats a pretty good idea! I think I will do that in the game :D and if they dont pay I can get bounty hunters to find them and get me my money!
 Jatari Bazrak
06-23-2003, 1:37 PM
lol, Jatari Bazrak at your service.:D
 Meathook
06-23-2003, 1:51 PM
excellent

plus if they dont pay, they lose their stuff

:fett: -says "pay your rent!"
 big_bob_the1st
06-23-2003, 4:43 PM
ya, that makes sense. The one big problem tho is the fact that people could start ripping other people off. For example, u pay them rent, keep ur stuff in there and they just lock u out. then u need the brawny friend. It would have to be someone i trust b4 i do that i guess
 Seinnhai
06-23-2003, 8:01 PM
Oh god. Undercutting rental prices? I wonder what kind of upkeep those apartments will get? Can you say, "Slumlords of the Sith?"

I think if they're going to run a player rental system, they'd have to make it a direct withdraw/deposit thing. If you can't find your slumlord to pay him the rent because he's off on Naboo doing something for a few weeks, then you lose your stuff? No. Just put another terminal somewhere.

Like wise, if you can't pay your rent and just forget about it, you should get your gear repo'd. Send a pack of Wookie Repo men to pick up your crap and remove you from the premises if necessary. Then the slumlord could sell your stuff or keep it. Then he could invite you over sometime to let you reminiesce with your old couch...
 big_bob_the1st
06-24-2003, 9:48 PM
Will there be furniture tho??? That's the real question. And i'm sure that there will be some sort of bank system, where u can transfer or even donate credits to some1 else
 Lord_Vessen
06-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Yes. There will be furniture. Also I can't wait to build that dojo in The =A= City where Teras Kasi Artists stay...:)
 big_bob_the1st
06-25-2003, 9:15 PM
Well, as long as there's furniture....
Page: 1 of 1