Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Seeing

Page: 1 of 1
 GreenDevil
06-20-2003, 9:52 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but Force Seeing really didn't do it for me in JO. I'd really like to see them bring back the Force Seeing and how it was done for JK.

Now, I liked the touch with how it placed yellow lines around your opponents and such, but I see that only as necessary for when they are behind walls or something that you can't see through. Once they get into normal seeing range, I'd say just leave them the way they are without the lines. Though, the main thing I want back is how when you activated Force Seeing, the whole screen turned a dark cyan color, and you could see everything. Thus Force Seeing was really helpful in those dark corners and everything. But with the JO Seeing, all it does is let you see the opponents.

Well, thats just my opinion...
 Jeff 42
06-21-2003, 12:05 AM
JO seeing >> JK seeing

JO seeing is far better for seeing enemies who you can't see directly, and that's what the power is primarily for. With JK seeing it would be much more difficult to fire off a shot and hit your foe at the precise moment he comes around a corner.
 praenuntius
06-21-2003, 12:27 AM
Force Sight should not only highlight enemies, you should also see dangerous stuff like mines and det-packs in red, and maybe weapons and other pickups in green.
 babywax
06-21-2003, 2:09 AM
The mine lights are made brighter when you turn on force seeing...
 B00thbe
06-21-2003, 3:19 AM
Yah it should highlight health and weapon pick-ups. That would be really useful.
 Luc Solar
06-21-2003, 5:17 AM
Everyone should *know* where the weapons and stuff spawn. ;)

I use seeing a lot. In saber only games it is useless (?), but in a guns game it's probably the best power of all.

Not only can you see through walls, you also spot snipers (weird pose) easily. Mines and such are highlighted. You dodge sniper shots.

It does take a whole lot of force, though. A few jumps with seeing on leaves you quite vulnerable, especially if you have to resort to absorb. Quite well balanced, imho. :)
 HertogJan
06-21-2003, 7:21 AM
I only have lvl 1 seeing most of the time. It's cheap and usefull if someone puts mindtrick on :) Lvl 3 is cool because of the ability to dodge sniper fire, but way to expensive to make it worth it :) Close range lvl 1 seeing is good enough for me :)
 iron_dF
06-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Everyone should *know* where the weapons and stuff spawn. ;)

I use seeing a lot. In saber only games it is useless (?), but in a guns game it's probably the best power of all.

Not only can you see through walls, you also spot snipers (weird pose) easily. Mines and such are highlighted. You dodge sniper shots.

It does take a whole lot of force, though. A few jumps with seeing on leaves you quite vulnerable, especially if you have to resort to absorb. Quite well balanced, imho. :)
my wall hack can do most of that
 Emon
06-21-2003, 1:20 PM
Look ma, I can change cvars! :rolleyes:
 Luc Solar
06-21-2003, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by iron_dF
my wall hack can do most of that

Ya but u are a scriptorz so dat dont count. :mad:
 Project_Fusion
06-22-2003, 3:26 PM
I think the screen should change colour when you use it.
I also think that Force Blinding should be brought back! That was excellent. ^_^
 Mero Vilul
06-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Firstly I don't think force seeing lvl1 would be able to counter a lvl3 mindtrick. I would like it so if someone uses mindtrick lvl3 and you counter with lvl1 force seeing you will only see him for 1 second every 10 second or so. If you have lvl2 seeing (and he still lvl3 MT) then you would see him for 1 second every 5 seconds...

I would also like if lvl3 force seeing showed the health of opponents, that would make it really worthwhile to use. even in duels. (I just hold grip when someone mindtricks me, then quickly blue stance uppercuts him once I get him). No use for seeing as it is now.

I would also like if seeing just thinly outlined the guys when I could see them ( = when they're not behind walls), and when they're behind obstacles they'll be as it is now.. That way it would be really easy to tell if they're shootable or not.
 Project_Fusion
06-23-2003, 2:08 PM
I reaaaaaaallllllly think blind should be in it. :)

Hmm... I think lv3mindtrick people should be completely invisible to lv1seeing (two below mindtrick level used) people or something like that... Maybe ultra faint when they stand still. I think lv2seeing (one below the used mindtrick level), should make them appear only when the stand still or something, or maybe only when they attack. ALSO, I think lv2seeing should make pickups glow as well. Lv3seeing should make all pickups glow, all enemies glow, and let you see their health and force bars.
 praenuntius
06-23-2003, 2:28 PM
Maybe Force Sight could actually let you visualise the Force flowing through and around living things, so the screen looks like a mix between thermal vision and DareDevil's cool sonar sort of thing.

In multiplayer you would be able to discern the stats of other players by how bright they glowed or something.

And it might let you see stuff that you might miss normally (in singleplayer mostly) like an areas that are naturally Force dense and increase your health and Force regeneration rates for a little while.

Or it could be a less obtrusive visual display, but using Force Sight very gradually uses Force to the point that you don't regenerate Force anymore. And you should be able to block all attacks better with Force Sight toggled on. That way you really couldn't use it with very many other Force powers because you would lack regeneration. There would be times when you would use it, and times when you couldn't afford to.
 txa1265
06-23-2003, 5:55 PM
My interest is in SP. Personally, having just played through JK/MotS again, I like Sight, but it was only somewhat useful. I am hoping that there is some way for them to implement it and make it more useful in SP for JA.

Mike
 lllKyNeSlll
06-24-2003, 1:09 PM
I personally think jk seeing> jo seeing. You can see items comoing back and the range is much further. Also you can see behind you so you can run where you are going without having to turn around or look up to see ppl. I hardly have to use jo seeing because I listen now.
Page: 1 of 1