Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Progessive-ladder WIP...(screens)

Page: 1 of 1
 Karshaddii
06-20-2003, 5:59 PM
 Karshaddii
06-20-2003, 6:00 PM
 Karshaddii
06-20-2003, 6:02 PM
 Karshaddii
06-20-2003, 6:03 PM
 The Count
06-20-2003, 8:47 PM
Hi, this map looks very nice (this coming from a LADDER HATER), however this would be even better if you, made it abit more original, and distinguished it from the other Ladders, as the Map looks very nice, that much is clear.
 Karshaddii
06-21-2003, 12:16 AM
I can't stand normal ladders either, who wants to hack at endless waves of reborns in the same room for hours on hand...

Thats why I am working on this, it incorporates a full SP level, with a full storyline, and adds ladder like stages--you earn force powers, weapons, and open up new areas when you defeat the set enemies in a room.

As there is no backtracking, every decision you make will count toward your life, one wrong turn can leave you dead. Speaking of which there will be many booby-traps throughout the level, and some of the battles will be timed to rising laval or a lowering ceiling.

Only by being quick on your feet and alert in your mind will you be able to get to one of two bosses, the one you fight, light or dark, being entirely different consisting of the choices you made throughout the level.
 The Count
06-21-2003, 6:37 AM
Sounds very promising.
 aazell
06-24-2003, 8:43 AM
The map looks very Quake III arena. you could probably release for that too and it would be very popular.

How did you do the fogging effects. They're great. Did you use script to set up the weather?

aaz
 Karshaddii
07-07-2003, 3:32 PM
MAJOR progress on the map: 8,850 brushes added in the past two weeks, level construction 50% completed (huge map here, folks.

New models and moves added

Working on new weapons in Lightwave

New screenies should be up soon

Oh, and to answer your question, aazell, the weather IS dynamic and the fog shader is my own.

Eight-bounce lighting also helps ; )
 BloodRiot
07-08-2003, 10:53 AM
The map looks gorgeous.

If it has a storyline it's even better.

I'll be sure to try it out.

Good luck man.
 Karshaddii
07-08-2003, 6:09 PM
Thanks for the support, and as I mentioned in my edited first post--all updates, new screenies, storyline info, ect. will be posted here:

http://jk2review.ravencommunity.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=166[/URL])
 Shotokan
07-10-2003, 4:52 AM
Wow man that looks very sweet. I definitely love your new ladder concept. The idea of advancing to different levels is definitely appealing. Heh just keep up with the good work man! ;)
Page: 1 of 1