Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi PK exploit

Page: 1 of 1
 EpYoNTiamat
06-20-2003, 2:33 AM
OK I just joined, but anyways I have been looking for a place for me to show what I think will be a huge thing for those who want to pk and are lucky enough to get a jedi slot. As I understand it, if you use your powers anywhere near anyone, you are automatically targeted as an enemy by those in a certain radius. This being said, I guess you are able to defend yourself, so all the other people are targets for you, so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out, that if this class is really good and the player has some combat experience, that they could easily massacre people even if they arent in a faction or PA. This might be fun for those who are Jedi, even though they can lose a lot doing this, but those looking for a thrill will more than likely figure this out and do it. Anyways, I would be weary of Jedi when they start appearing just in case something like this happens.
 Sunshine Badass
06-20-2003, 2:52 AM
Well the dumbass Jedi who is willing to waste it all messing around in this risky business of "pleasure" will not last long.

"Oh no! A Jedi Killed me and now I have to respawn... Whatever will I do?":rolleyes:

Player then proceeds to make sure the Jedi does not live to see the end of the next hour or so.:D
 Jan Gaarni
06-20-2003, 3:47 AM
That is an interesting, and worreing, situation there.

Hopefully it is the way that when the Jedi reveal itself, those who are able to attack him have the chance to do so if they wish, but not the JEdi until it is being attacked.

If not, then if I see this kind of behavior, I will gather up most names of those struck down, and report the morron. :p
Such behavior is un- acceptable in a Jedi and he/she does not deserve to be one. ;)
 UnfrozenCaveman
06-20-2003, 10:32 AM
A TK master will easily own a Jedi Apprentice. Also, it depends on how familiar the person is with fighting as a Jedi. A TK master can do hits of almost 800hp. I was dueling one in Theed once, and I barely got a shot off before he did a knock down hit and incapped/killed me! I had 800hp 900action 800mind (stats a little low, i know).
 EpYoNTiamat
06-20-2003, 1:48 PM
No one knows how strong a Jedi will be, but you know he could always watch his targets first. Anyways, I would see it kind of hard to retal a pk by a Jedi as long as the Jedi is not an overt, as only he really can change his status to a target, but I suspect that would quickly get the attention of the empire and that they will have many bounty hunters after them all the time.
 Deft Aklin
06-20-2003, 6:03 PM
Dark Jedi Masters are dealing out 1500+ points of damage per hit. At least, that's the NPCs. I'd have to assume that a PC would do more. In any event, groups of twenty that went out hunting Dark Jedi on Tatooine often came back in cloners.
 Sunshine Badass
06-20-2003, 6:49 PM
...Ouch...

*Note to self: Stear clear of Dark Jedi on Tatooine. Happy Purple Fuzzy Bunny Land MIGHT be a better suited locale for Dark Jedi hunting*
 TheMaestro
06-21-2003, 2:39 AM
Originally posted by Sunshine Badass
...Ouch...

*Note to self: Stear clear of Dark Jedi on Tatooine. Happy Purple Fuzzy Bunny Land MIGHT be a better suited locale for Dark Jedi hunting*

Not even sure if that will work...
 Lord_Vessen
06-22-2003, 3:04 AM
Alright here is a picture of someone chatting with a group, he said he killed a Dark Jedi. Here is the chat going on with the group. (BTW, that tag by Kevin O'Hara's name looks like an abbreviation for Force Sensitive Slot) Zoom in on the chat going on to get more clues about the Dark Jedi encounter. Also to the right of the screen you can see and inventory with a lightsaber in it. It doesn't seem like a great saber for its damage is 70-145. its in a bad condition also, 313/1000. That's cool. The guy should have taken a screenie of The Dark Jedi though

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/uploads/Lightsaber0001.jpg) :(
 Jackrabbit
06-22-2003, 11:10 AM
FSS is the PA he's in (Force Sensitive Sheep). I doubt they would put a tag next to the name of everybody who's FS. You are correct though, that is a lightsaber. Hmm...
 Lord_Vessen
06-22-2003, 3:53 PM
The Dark Jedi he battle must have just gotten the slot. Since the lightsaber does little damage.
 Duffalpha
06-22-2003, 6:08 PM
:ewok: If i got a jedi slot i would walk around in a herd of other jedi's and NPC's for protection, cause one you get a slot chances are u wont get another
 Lord_Vessen
06-22-2003, 8:25 PM
Lol, there won't be many Jedi NPC. In fact I think there are three! Well I heard that once you open the Jedi Slot you can create a Jedi over and over. Your first one dies and you can create it again.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-22-2003, 9:31 PM
Now i was thinking.... mabye you have to kill one of the dark jedi to get the FSS? just wondering?:D
 Seinnhai
06-23-2003, 6:21 PM
If not, then if I see this kind of behavior, I will gather up most names of those struck down, and report the morron.
Such behavior is un- acceptable in a Jedi and he/she does not deserve to be one.

Oh my god! Who are you and why should I care what you have to say? I mean no offense, but what you're talking about is complete lack of player freedom. Think about it. Eventhough there are no dark jedi yet, by the time someone unlocks one the content might be there. So there you are as a Dark Jedi Knight looking for someone you have to kill in a bar full of people. Do you:

a) Walk around looking all menacing asking, "Hey, have you seen a guy named Bob?"
b) Order a drink and hope that Bob will come talk to you before someone notices you're a Jedi and attacks you.
c) Instead of wasting your time looking, go ahead and slaughter the entire bar. Afterall, if you kill everyone in the bar, and he's in the bar, then he's dead.

And like you said, you'll just clone.

Meanwhile, the Jedi has to run like hell and hope no one saw his/her name.

A Dark Jedi isn't going to hesitate. She/He's going to pull out the whuppin stick and eliminate the effort of looking. They're evil, that's what they're designed for. And you're going to take names and write complaints? I swear, if I get one nasty note from an Admin about me walking into a crowd and lighting it up like a christmas tree, I'll tell him politely that I'm ROLEPLAYING. Then I'll go do it again if my mission/quest requires me to.

The only difference between regular groups gunning down people and a Jedi making mixed sushi plates is that the Jedi can do it better. Besides, from the way it sounds, keeping a Jedi isn't going to be a walk in the park even if you happen to unlock a slot. I doubt normal people (not me, cause obviously I'm crazy) would make a Jedi and then send into a certain death situation more than once.... okay, maybe twice...

Don't start messing around with content just because someone complained. It'll turn into AC2 around here. :)
 Jan Gaarni
06-23-2003, 8:59 PM
Oh my god! Who are you and why should I care what you have to say?

Welcome to the
SWGalaxies.Net Forums!!! :)

I'm Jan Gaarni, XO of the Official Welcomming Committee and Moderator of this place.
The 2 other Moderators here are Wraith 8 and Darth_Sidious.

Be sure to check out the Read This First (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=71572) thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards (http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com), so I'm sure you will like it here.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts (http://www.swgalaxies.net/extras/chocognort.jpg). :D Complementary Juztyn, the Admin of these boards and SWGalaxies.Net (http://www.swgalaxies.Net). :p
!ATTENTION! These are chocolate gnorts, not real gnorts! :D

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net (http://www.swgalaxies.net) site which is connected to these forums. :)

We hope you enjoy your stay here on the SWGalaxies.Net Forums. :)
 Seinnhai
06-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Giggle,

Big deal. So he's a forums moderator? Am I supposed to go all ooooooooohhhh and whatnot? Please. I didn't say anything out of line according to YOUR guidelines, and not to mention I backed up my contention with some logical arguement. I didn't come out in a rage and say that since I'm an Admin, I'm going to make you all suffer if I feel like it or if you bruise my tender ego.

We've seen this type of poo before. Someone doesn't like something because it gives someone else (and not them) an unfair advantage, so in come the whiners. "The Jedi are too powerful <whaaa>, they shouldn't be able to attack people without being attacked <whaa> why can't I kill a jedi by myself <whaaaaaaa>" And all of a sudden *POOF*. Then comes a Patch, a serious amount of nerfing, and a whole new group of whiners appears whilst the previous whiners got their way and either defend the game (cause they got their way) or start whining about something else (cause hey, they got their way once, why not twice?).

Unless it is a concensus point, do not let players dictate content! We don't have a clue, probably never will, and won't like ourselves when we figure out we were whining. Let the game developers do their job and develop. Once players start dictating content, that's when the game goes all to poo. If we notice something is screwed up in the game, like an actual bug, then listen. If we don't like the fact that there aren't enough high-paying BH missions or the type of loot we get, tell us to shut up and be happy we get loot.

... of course, use a bit more tact than that.
 Jan Gaarni
06-24-2003, 3:49 PM
Giggle,

Big deal. So he's a forums moderator? Am I supposed to go all ooooooooohhhh and whatnot? Please. I didn't say anything out of line according to YOUR guidelines, and not to mention I backed up my contention with some logical arguement. I didn't come out in a rage and say that since I'm an Admin, I'm going to make you all suffer if I feel like it or if you bruise my tender ego.
I never said you did, nor was I implying that you were with my post.

It's the official greating post which most people you'll find here has gotten and is merely to make you feel welcome here. And you are new here, correct? :)
If you took it any other way, that is unfortunate.

And what rage was it that I displayed? Please, tell me, where did you get any signs of rage from me in that post?
I see more rage in both these 2 posts of yours, aswell as some others you've made, than I have ever displayed towards you.

I didn't intend to respond to you on this subject, except to greet you, but I might aswell now.

I mean no offense, but what you're talking about is complete lack of player freedom. Think about it. Eventhough there are no dark jedi yet, by the time someone unlocks one the content might be there.
First of all, no offense was taken.

Complete player freedom.
Yes, you may think you have that in a MMORPG, but you are actually sharing the game with literally 1000s of other people. Being egotistical and going too far is not a privilige one should do lighthearted in these type of games.
Some sacrifices has to be made.
Do whatever you want to do in a singleplayer game. Cheat, rape, pillage, whatever you want, but when you play online you have a certain responsability to the ones you play with.

And I was talking about Jedi here, not fallen ones.
And we are not talking someone who's roleplaying a Dark Jedi either, or a Jedi for that matter, but someone who goes around killing people for pleasure.
Do you still agree that this is proper behavior for someone who is a Jedi?
No.
Do they deserve to have it then?
Absolutelly not.

Give it to someone who knows how to weild such powers that goes above their heads, responsibly, for the good of the community, and the other players.

So there you are as a Dark Jedi Knight looking for someone you have to kill in a bar full of people.
Your situation is something rather different to what is disussed here, as it has a valid reason. Although your choice of approach in achieving your goals are alittle extreme, not to mention foolish.

As for your alternatives:
a) Walk around looking all menacing asking, "Hey, have you seen a guy named Bob?"
b) Order a drink and hope that Bob will come talk to you before someone notices you're a Jedi and attacks you.
c) Instead of wasting your time looking, go ahead and slaughter the entire bar. Afterall, if you kill everyone in the bar, and he's in the bar, then he's dead.

If I were a Dark Jedi, I would have done the smart thing, and chosen A, except I wouldn't ask so much. Would have done it more discreatly.
Why?
In case you missed it, being a Jedi is a dangerous and difficult thing to be. Being a Dark Jedi is even harder. Staying alive that is.
If you walk down the dark path, be prepared to reap the benefits - I'm sorry - punishments, for it. You are even more hunted down by the Empire than a Jedi as it is, and not only by them, but also by the Rebels.
Atleast a Jedi is only hunted by the Empire.
(plus whoever wants to try their luck :D )

Choosing option C will only paint a bigger bullseye on your forehead.

We've seen this type of poo before. Someone doesn't like something because it gives someone else (and not them) an unfair advantage, so in come the whiners. "The Jedi are too powerful <whaaa>, they shouldn't be able to attack people without being attacked <whaa> why can't I kill a jedi by myself <whaaaaaaa>"
Jedi shouldn't even be in the game in the first place. They simply arn’t ment to be around in this timeperiod.
But they are in, most likely cause of whiners. And if not, whiners would have put them in for sure.
They should consider themselfs lucky they even have the chance to some day pursue the path of Jedihood. Become a Jedi is a priviledge, not a right, and thus the player should have some sense of responsability for not ruining the game for others, as this thread is talking about.
If you don't see it this way, then you most likely arn't fit to be a Jedi either.
I'm sorry to put it so harshly, I may be wrong about you, but that's how you come off in your posts.
 Seinnhai
06-24-2003, 7:09 PM
If you don't see it this way, then you most likely arn't fit to be a Jedi either.
I'm sorry to put it so harshly, I may be wrong about you, but that's how you come off in your posts.

There's that word again. The rest of the stuff you said I'll go halfway with you on (I was raging a bit, and that rage comment wasn't for you, it was for the guy I orginally quoted... lo siento), but as soon as I see "deserves" or "isn't fit to..." I get mad. Who is the almighty decider of who's fit to do what? Language moderation I totally agree with (in fact, the swear filter should be on constantly... they didn't swear, why should we), but controlling a players actions?
Here's the thing I was trying to get across in my multiple choice questions. Maybe the Dark Jedi angle was a bit off-putting, but the thing is that if it's available and you have a FS open, you could make a Dark Jedi. Then, if you wanted to go commit suicide by slaughtering a bar full of people, you should be able to do it. Even if you're doing it for no good reason, why shouldn't you be able to do it? It's going to make you deader than friend chicken in a heartbeat, but at least you had the option.

Not to mention it gives other players a goal. Group up and go kill that Jedi. It might take 20 of them, but they could say they killed a Jedi (which, by the tone in the posts, sounds to be a goal of many players). So why can't the always hiding always hunted just vent? Because someone is going to have to clone and get back to their body? Big deal. That jedi just gave him/herself the mark of death, and they've more to lose. But at least he/she had the option.

Even moderation is only good in moderation. You want to make editorial changes, filter swears, take out offensive graphics? Fine. If you want to limit someone's game play because enough people complianed it wasn't "fair?" That's where I start getting antsy. I want fair as decided by the people who make the game, not by the people who complain about it.

Once again I apologize. I'm a bit ranty at times, and school has me a bit stressed out. I didn't mean to bark and I assure you I'll be nicer.... well, as nice as I can be. :)
 Jan Gaarni
06-24-2003, 7:42 PM
If you want to limit someone's game play because enough people complianed it wasn't "fair?"
This isn't so much about what's fair and not, it's about showing people enough respect to not just go around and strike people down just because you found a "loophole". :p
And there are quite frankly many who totally lack this online.
This is a pet peeves of mine, and it sometimes pisses me off. ;)

But nice to see that we arn't that different in our view as to what the ending for such actions should be. ;)

And as for the part you quoted ... like I said, I don't know you, and concidering your low postcount so far, I am in no position to properly concider you yet. ;)

Now, let's go in and give those Jedi wannabie's (the kind that are discussed here, not everyone, ok people? ;) ) exactly what they deserve, shall we? :D
 Sunshine Badass
06-24-2003, 7:51 PM
*Hears rally talk*

*Gets pumped*

RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

*Sunshine charges out the door to defeat immature Jedi wannabes*

I agree with Seinnhai about player freedom, but I also agree with Jan about moderating those immature Jedi Player Killers, using a loophole or not. But in the end, they shall get what is coming to them either way, players will retaliate, and Jedi will be permadeathed.:D :D :D
 EpYoNTiamat
06-25-2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by Sunshine Badass
*Hears rally talk*

*Gets pumped*

RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

*Sunshine charges out the door to defeat immature Jedi wannabes*

I agree with Seinnhai about player freedom, but I also agree with Jan about moderating those immature Jedi Player Killers, using a loophole or not. But in the end, they shall get what is coming to them either way, players will retaliate, and Jedi will be permadeathed.:D :D :D
Yeah, well this would give more to both sides than anything else I could think of. People say there isnt enough content, even though there is, then they start hearing of a PC Jedi going on a killing spree. Whats going to happen? simple, people are going to find the Jedi and give him/her permadeath, so that that stops. Sure the people who died for this will be angry, but they simply will be cloned and probably will have their body in an easy to access area, making them lose nothing but time. The Jedi who is doing this probably is getting a thrill out of it, which is good for him/her and when they die, more than likely they still will go jedi, but probably not as aggressively.
Page: 1 of 1