Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Mandalorian skin...HELP!

Page: 1 of 1
 Gideon_Duthuras
06-15-2003, 1:01 PM
So I started to mess around with making a custom Mandalorian skin today, this being my first attempt at skinning so I've just been messing with colors. However there is a problem. So far I've only been able to make the jumpsuit under the armor the color I want it. But I can't change the armor, it still is the same color it's always been ever after I replaced the tga and jpgs to what I want. How can I fix this and what is causing it? Is it the shaders? Really that was only a guess because if it was I'd have ni dea what to do anyway.

Any help would be great.
 Crowy
06-16-2003, 6:52 AM
i dont know hte first tihng about anytihng... but i beleive that the reason is... the armor isnt created by the jpg or skin its created maybe by shaders... does that help?
 Gideon_Duthuras
06-16-2003, 11:41 AM
it supports what I already kinda suspected. But how do I open the shaders? I tried to open them the same way I opened the jpgs and tgas. Some program popped up and gave me an error for every shader, and then I couldn't see any of them.
 SettingShadow
06-18-2003, 6:24 AM
You can open them in notepad.
 RoxStar
06-28-2003, 2:06 PM
Is the armor a seperate skin?
 Darth_Kitty
06-30-2003, 5:11 AM
Yes it is.
 RoxStar
07-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Ok. So does that mean you could combine yoda with Madolorian Armor? That would be pretty funny.
 Darth_Kitty
07-02-2003, 1:07 AM
Uh...I think your mixed up. He said is the amour a"SKIN" , NOT is it a "MODEL". No, of course not Yoda can have the model. He can however have the skin, by opening up the yoda_torso.jpg file then the jango_torso.tga file and copy the jango torso and paste it as a new layer over the yoda. Stretch a little, cut, paste, and yoda will have what appers the torso of jango but of course it would look a little odd cause yoda's torso isn't shaped to look like amour. :D
Page: 1 of 1