Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shakespeare in love...

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord_Vessen
06-14-2003, 4:51 PM
Alright, I was just wondering how many of you might settle down with a partner in game? You know an NPC or a fellow player. Well. Vote in the poll!
 Jan Gaarni
06-14-2003, 5:16 PM
Well, I was gonna edit the poll so it had the "I don't know" option, but I get transported over to the Galactic Battlegrounds forums when I do, so I'll do it later when I figure out why that is. :D

Anyway, my answer is, I don't know really. :D
 Sunshine Badass
06-14-2003, 6:25 PM
I would get married in-game. Depends on who the person is, and how mature they are about it. Although it would be kinda hard to manage... Maybe, I think not. I will have to see who I meet. :D ;) :p
 The Punisher
06-14-2003, 6:25 PM
Yeah, it certainly does need an "I don't know." why? because personally I think thatit would be a bit weird. However, if I knew a girl in RL that played SWG, then maybe we'd 'hook-up' in SWG...but still, I don't know. ;) :p
 Lord_Vessen
06-14-2003, 6:51 PM
I forgot that option at the last minute when I clicked the submit so...
 Jatari Bazrak
06-14-2003, 7:06 PM
yeah well I know that there will be people that might just do that.
Allthough I wont I'll socialize with others but ont virtualy date.
 setsuko
06-14-2003, 7:45 PM
Well... I guess my attitude towards it is more or less the same as in RL; it's nothing I will actively pursue really, but I'm not negative to the idea of trying out some 'couple' RPGing. Actually, it's one of those things I haven't tried in a MMORPG yet, so who knows...

But I agree, it depends a lot on who it is, and how that player deals with it.

But a NPC? What on earth can you get out of that?

You: "Hey sweetheart, done working yet?"
NPC: "Would you like to buy a ticket to Corellia?"
You: "Oh, you're still working. How about we go to the movies when your shift is over?"
You: "No? What would you like to do tonight, then?"
You: "You know I love it when you talk nasty like that!"

;)
 Dathan Surehand
06-14-2003, 8:11 PM
LOL

I wasn't going to comment until I read Set's post.

I probably won't get involved with anygirl online. I have got too many RL relationships to mess around online.

Meaning I have got a large family, wonderful wife of 11 years and a great job.

Now I just want to play SWG dammmit.

:mad:
 Taos
06-14-2003, 8:33 PM
No. For me, I just want to play the game and do whatever. Having the option to be married is cool, but I don't want to do it in a game.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Well, I was gonna edit the poll so it had the "I don't know" option, but I get transported over to the Galactic Battlegrounds forums when I do, so I'll do it later when I figure out why that is. :D

That is weird. o.O Some kind of scripting error or something.....heh, oh well it looks like it added the option. :D
 Jatari Bazrak
06-14-2003, 8:41 PM
yeah I'm just going to play the game.
sure join in some PA but not date or get Married.
 swediot=)
06-14-2003, 9:12 PM
sorry but i think marrying in game is just sad
 Lord_Vessen
06-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Lol, Set your post was humorous.

You would have to marry one like this:

You: Hey honey I home!
NPC: Welcome, may I dance for you?
You: Heck yeah!
NPC: Alright.
Dances
You: What's for dinner?
NPC: Welcome, may I dance for you?
 The Punisher
06-15-2003, 5:01 AM
Or even better:

You: Hey toots, whats happening?
NPC: Can I get you a drink?
You: Sure! ...hey, you wanna talk about your feelings or something?
NPC:Can I get you a drink?
You:Hell yes!...hey you sure you don't want me to take out the garbage?
NPC:Can I get you a drink?
and thus continuing as long as they both shall live...
 ShadowGecko
06-15-2003, 8:01 AM
i chose no... but i wouldnt make it out to say no that's just wrong. Just a simple no for me... i don't disagree with it, i just don't want to get married in a game. Before that, I think I might try and get a real girlfriend. :rolleyes:
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-15-2003, 6:00 PM
I guess maybe I should have chosen "I dont know" rather than "Yes". I wont marry someone just for the hell of it. If I find the right person than I will. By the way, if you were gonna date someone ingame would you only date someone of the same species?
 The Punisher
06-15-2003, 6:21 PM
If I were to 'date' ingame, it certainly would not be based on the species. Judging people by looks in RL is one thing, but ingame? That's just poppycock.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-15-2003, 6:31 PM
But you wouldnt date a monkey in RL would you? We are a different species then them. ;)
 The Punisher
06-15-2003, 9:37 PM
Hmmm, I suppose you're right, I was thinking race, not species; two totaly different things. However, I still say species won't matter ingame for me.

Now if you'll excuse me, my prime-mate is calling me...
HAHAhaha...no? Ok, that was a really horrible joke... :cry7:
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-15-2003, 9:39 PM
Me being a wookie I wont marry any other species. I dont think that many people are gonna be female wookies. :( Froobuk is gonna have to be a bachelor all his life.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-15-2003, 9:51 PM
poor froobuk.:(
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-15-2003, 9:54 PM
He is only 19 though. He doesnt really need a wife quiet yet. :D
 Jatari Bazrak
06-15-2003, 10:07 PM
yeah chewbaca didn't get a wife until around I don't know mabye
150 yrs of age.:rolleyes:
 Jan Gaarni
06-16-2003, 3:42 AM
lol, 19? :D

Add atleast 3 times that age to him. ;)
 sexxxy_mark
06-16-2003, 5:25 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Vessen
Alright, I was just wondering how many of you might settle down with a partner in game? You know an NPC or a fellow player. Well. Vote in the poll!

depends on how sexy they are. :D
 Jan Gaarni
06-16-2003, 3:43 PM
Why did that answer not surprise me, Mark. :D

j/k ;) :p
 sexxxy_mark
06-16-2003, 5:14 PM
Why did that answer not surprise me, Mark. :D

j/k ;) :p

hehe
u know i had to say it.
its a given :p
 setsuko
06-16-2003, 5:23 PM
Oh, I'll prowl the streets at nightfall, seducing those who claims they don't like online relationships, and then I'll leave them high and dry like a true hearbreaker. That is way much more evil than playing an imperial who's strapping explosives to baby ewoks. Bwahahahahaa!
 Jan Gaarni
06-16-2003, 6:10 PM
I wont marry in-game.
Now seduce me.

I know it will end in a heartbrake, but I'm desperate and needy of some love. :eyes3:

:D :D :D
 setsuko
06-16-2003, 6:15 PM
You are the little grasshopper, unknowing of the stalking praying mantis. Hai! :p
 Wouldzey
06-16-2003, 6:38 PM
I expect to be role-playin quiet alot but not i dont think to an extreme, that i have (intense) relationships. I'm sure i'll make close mates whilst playing the game and maybe have the odd fling (hell, i might even participate in a few drunken marriages), but love...........erm it would be too freaky and it would feel like i'v gone too far, and it defies the whole point on that love stuff doesn't it? I mean, i'm no expert or softy :blush2:!!! But isn't love supposed to be honest? Hahahaha, sorry, can't keep a straight face..... Errmm anyways, Flirting = Probably, Marriage = Drunken Mistakes, Love = Not For Me.....
 setsuko
06-16-2003, 6:46 PM
I think the major, major issue here is that a lot of people can't see the difference of having the character they play being in love, and being in love as the player. Sure, for a lot of players, the distinction is not that clear, and then, I'd say you better stay out of it. But if you can see the difference, and act appropriately, RP flirting can be a lot of fun. As long as you keep yourself (the player) out of it. Oh, now I'm sounding even more confused than MC Gaarni, but that can't be helped.

Character in love = fun
Player in love = can be fun, but a looot more complicated
 Wouldzey
06-16-2003, 7:27 PM
I can clearly see the difference. But the point i was trying to make is that as much as i try i can't see me role-playing love. Flirting, yes i'm definatly up for that and i can see the point your making with people often not seperating real life from the 'game' but marriage isn't an area of the 'game' im interested in and i'm not saying other people arn't interested in this, because i know they are, just its not for me. I intend to role-play but i dont think i'd find love/marriage fun, and thats what it comes down to, i wont do something i dont enjoy.
And besides, Don't want the missus (wife) finding out i'm involved with another woman :D ;)

And the part "but i dont think i'd find love/marriage fun" doesn't nessecarally mean i don't like real-life marriage. Just incase the missus is reading this :ang2:
 setsuko
06-16-2003, 7:37 PM
Off course you are right. Noone should roleplay areas of their characters life that they are not comfortable with, or that they don't find enjoying. Though, I'd advise everyone out there that are not experienced in roleplaying to try everything out at least once. You might surprise yourself...
 Wouldzey
06-16-2003, 7:40 PM
I'll take that onboard, im not greatly experienced in role-playing so i'll take all the advise i can,
Thanks
 Jatari Bazrak
06-16-2003, 8:00 PM
well if you want to get better or need some pracitce go to the Rping forum. I've done that, but I wont RP being in love.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-16-2003, 9:37 PM
lol, 19? :D

Add atleast 3 times that age to him. ;) I know wookies are supposed to be really old. I just want Froobuk to have been born on Kashyyyk but he doesnt really remember it well. On a side note, do wookie become fully or almost fully physicall mature when they are 19? Just because they live longer I doubt they would mature any differently. I guess what I am trying to say is, Does a 19 year old wookie have the apearence of a "baby"?
 Jatari Bazrak
06-16-2003, 10:11 PM
No I dout it... Chewbacas son was around 20-23 and he was a few inches taller then Han solo. He actuly became Han's co-pilot after Chewie died. poor chewie.:(
 Donnie Darko
06-17-2003, 10:44 AM
I agree with Set on the "character in love=fun" It would be great for roleplaying, it would really add a "RL feel" to the game instead of just going out killing things and hanging out at cantina's you can go see your significant other. But if someone gets attached to a 3D model.....that's just odd.
 Sunshine Badass
06-18-2003, 5:19 AM
I change my previous statement to : Yes, I will marry... BUT ONLY if I can get a tax exemption... or at least a cut... A teency-weency refund? :( :( :(
 swediot=)
06-21-2003, 8:27 AM
Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak
No I dout it... Chewbacas son was around 20-23 and he was a few inches taller then Han solo. He actuly became Han's co-pilot after Chewie died. poor chewie.:(

chewie dies.... but... no... why?
 Jan Gaarni
06-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Because everyone dies, either naturally, or by getting a moon slammed right into their planet (read= forhead) :D

Basically, they are all dead by now anyway, it happened a long time ago, remember?
Question is, how did they die? :)
 Jatari Bazrak
06-21-2003, 4:45 PM
the vong came and on one mission to save solo the vong use a gravity laser to bring a moon down on the planet and the team was on the moon. well it was up to his son to decide them all or chewie. and then they took of and with a loud roar the moon shatterd and chewie ceased to exsist.:(
 Sunshine Badass
06-21-2003, 7:40 PM
Sorry to break it to you Swediot... but sooner or later... everyone dies. It's called the great cycle of life or some such bull. Stupid dying!!!;)

EDIT: Whoa... hold on sec... you mean to tell me... there is ANOTHER PAGE to this? Hmm...

*Stumbles around in this strange new world*
 swediot=)
06-21-2003, 9:31 PM
he got smashed by a moon..... thats crappy no one gets smashed by a moon they cant kill one of the greatest characters of starwars by smashing him witha a big moon... thats stupid and immature... he could have atleast been shot or something
 setsuko
06-21-2003, 9:37 PM
Yeah, those moons sure sucks. Here I am, walking down the street like nothing's up, and then *BLAM!*, a moon coming down on me! Before I know it, it's definately game over.

We should make a petition against moons.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Hahaha. well anyway dont tell that to chewie k.;)
in game.
Page: 1 of 1