Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Player run city beutification

Page: 1 of 1
 Wouldzey
06-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know if residents/leaders will be able to make their city look more attractive. For example by adding hedgerows, fountains, cobble-stoned streets etc? I don't know about you but i don't want to live in a city that just has houses, no plant life/beutification etc. I want to build in a player city that has a Theed look to it with greenary and attractive architecture (That is of course my ideal home, not everyones view!) Somewhere i can be proud of, somewhere that makes me glad im not in a game run city.
Anybody have any views on this?
 Jatari Bazrak
06-12-2003, 1:45 PM
I bet Arceitechs will most likly be able to put in all that stuff but it costs money.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-12-2003, 8:02 PM
I agree with Jatari. Architects will be able to build pretty roads and buildings and stuff. Maybe farmers errr Bio-Engineers (:rolleyes: ) can make trees and plants and stuff.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-12-2003, 8:05 PM
Most likly so yeah you can have a town to be proud of.:D
and speaking of town are you in the =A= yet?
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-12-2003, 8:06 PM
Who me? Yes I am in the =A=. :D
 Jatari Bazrak
06-12-2003, 8:13 PM
No Wouldzey.:rolleyes:
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-12-2003, 8:16 PM
I believe he said he wasnt back in a thread in the =A= message board.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-12-2003, 8:34 PM
*checking* yeah your right well anyway if you want to join we'll be on starstrider staring the city on corellia, and to join just ask then post for a week so we can get to know you and boom your in. But the swgalaxies.net site went down so I'm unofficialy in at this time. :D
 Jackrabbit
06-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Hehe, just because he's new to the board doesn't mean he wants to join our PA.

You are probably welcome to though ;-).
 Dathan Surehand
06-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Interesting though how I have been posting for three months, went through the steps in the PA listing, even emailed wraith. NOT IN.

I genuinely enjoy these boards, they are refreshing, educational (regarding SWG), and sometimes downright fun. But not getting any response regarding the Associates has made me believe I will find another better run PA.;)

Don't know what else to say.
 Lord_Vessen
06-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Farmers might be able to plant trees...I think.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I dont know dathan surhand most likly you are in.
like since the site is down (swgalaxies.net) they don't know if I'm in but they said I'm unoffiacaly in. you should go to the =A= fourms go to PA stuff and ask under sunday meeting that's what I did.

Oh, and Vessen they changed farmers into Bio-engineers.:D
 setsuko
06-13-2003, 7:54 AM
I have a faint memory of accepting you into the PA just before the site went down, dathan, so don't ya worry! ;)
 Wouldzey
06-13-2003, 11:27 AM
I arn't in the =A= yet. But definatly want to. Problem is i can't even follow some of the application steps because of swg.net being down. I've sent an e-mail to the contact address on the =A= site just givin abit of info on what i want my character to be and what i could offer etc.
 Dathan Surehand
06-13-2003, 2:30 PM
SETSUKO!!!!

You all need to know that Set has been very faithful at responding to dilemmas and addressing them approprietly.

I just want to give her some props for being aware of us, little, new peoples.

Thank you, and I can't wait to be online and actually adventure with someone quick-witted and personable. It's genuinely difficult showing true personality on these boards and she always does it. Props. Props. Props.:D

Back to subject, My 10 year old decided a year ago he wants to be a building contractor. So when I asked him to tell me a job SWG should have in it he inevitably says; "Builders".

So Architects may not be the most exciting thing to do, but will most likely be profitable when involved in a PA setting.
 Wouldzey
06-13-2003, 4:14 PM
I hope characters with different professions can interact with each other and combine skills to make things. Example. Artisan/Architect makes plant pot feature, bio-engineer makes plants and is allowed to mantain them. That would kick ass. Could make a forest city and gardens for people. HEY!! MY FINGERS ARE GOIN GREEN!! HELP:eek:
 Lord_Vessen
06-13-2003, 9:50 PM
That would be cool. I don't get why an artisan can't have skills like this...Well all I know is that I hope The =A= City will have plenty of plants. Makes it look nice.:) I also can't wait to play with Setsuko. Great people fill these boards and she is one of them.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-13-2003, 9:57 PM
yes they sertainly do.
I wounder what set's going to play...
But we Should have plants All over and hopefully we'll have a open feild/park to bring our creatures and what not.
 Lord_Vessen
06-13-2003, 10:30 PM
That would be cool.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-14-2003, 2:06 AM
yes I think it would be...
It's a sunny day the sky is clear and there's a breeze in the air.
A butterfly fly's by then lands on a flower...and get's stomped on by an oversized gnort!:D
And the gnort then eat's the flower as if nothing happend.
 Wouldzey
06-14-2003, 8:05 AM
It's a sunny day, i look over and see lots of people chatting away sat on the benches outside Gnarly Gnorts Cantina with pints in hands. Brightly coloured flowers dominate the park opossite 'Gnorts' and birds fly overhead. From my seat i see in the close distance down the tree lined avenue, the PA Hall glitering in all its glory. People and friends continue to arive and the party begins..................mmmmmmmm. sounds good.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-14-2003, 2:58 PM
yeah sounds very good...
I bet couples will virtuly date in the game and that would be a nice place to relax.
 The Punisher
06-14-2003, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Wouldzey
I hope characters with different professions can interact with each other and combine skills to make things.

Me too, for instance; an architect and a tailor teaming up to make a tee-pee. Now that would make a good PA city: a hippy commune
:D
 ShadowGecko
06-15-2003, 8:04 AM
then someone like me would destroy it... or maybe a bita' :deathstar or a bita':atat: BOOM!
 Wouldzey
06-15-2003, 2:36 PM
Do you think people would be able to let animals 'loose' in a city park to make it more unique? Would be good if you could. I'd hunt down all sorts of rare species and have people from all over the galaxies come and walk through the park.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-15-2003, 10:13 PM
unless you tamed them no...
so you would go through all that trouble of taming animals to kill them? but you could open a zoo but animals will randomly appear in different areas. :D
 Lord_Vessen
06-16-2003, 2:49 AM
A zoo would be a cool idea. Do Not Provoke The Rancor
 Wouldzey
06-16-2003, 5:56 PM
Very Nice Vassen! :D

I really meant i'd try to lure agressive animals into the forest then loose them. That way once the forest if populated by enough deadly beasts i could have a 'run the gauntlet' race and have live betting on who will die first and who will surface on the other side of the forest. Sought of a StarWars 'Running Man/Woman'.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-16-2003, 8:03 PM
HaHA...the last great race.
oh no the leader just got taken out by a rancor.:(
there will be many poor faces after that.:rolleyes:
 Wouldzey
06-17-2003, 7:24 AM
Well atleast there'll be one smilling face, the bloke who bet on him to die first :D
 ShadowGecko
06-19-2003, 8:06 AM
Hey, what's the site for the =A= website?? If you don't mind, I'd like to visit the PA town if I get onto starsider.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-19-2003, 4:10 PM
I think everyone will be able to visit the town but only members will be alowed in the PA hall.
Page: 1 of 1