Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Madalorian Armour

Page: 1 of 1
 97rjk
06-10-2003, 7:16 AM
Does anyone know if mandalorian armour is avaliable in SWG??
 Opa
06-10-2003, 7:51 AM
I think it is..But I may be wrong
 Devlyyn Sarr
06-10-2003, 8:02 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be available, but very rare.
 Kaiser Spaso
06-10-2003, 8:39 AM
yeah what this guy said ^^^^^^^
 Jatari Bazrak
06-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Yes you will be able to get mandalorian armor, but I won't have it.
So in game if you want it get.
 Dathan Surehand
06-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Maybe we will be surprised by the variety of armor available. If crafters can change colors and make upgrades, it would make sense we see a lot of different kinds.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-10-2003, 12:42 PM
of course we will.
the armor will be a little different with the different items they use which will most likely change color and stats. and there are going to be many, many ,maaannny different types of aromor and weapons. I'd say they'd be almost as costumizable as the charecter's.
 -=ReApEr=-
06-10-2003, 1:12 PM
Originally posted by 97rjk
Does anyone know if mandalorian armour is avaliable in SWG??

Yes it is, but it is extremly rare to obtain. :)
 Damarius
06-10-2003, 1:21 PM
It is my understanding that alot of gear will not come from killing creatures or NPC's like Everquest yet mandorian armor is supposed to be rare and found on one of the NPC's This is just rumor at present.
 -=ReApEr=-
06-10-2003, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by Damarius
It is my understanding that alot of gear will not come from killing creatures or NPC's like Everquest yet mandorian armor is supposed to be rare and found on one of the NPC's This is just rumor at present.

I belive you either find it, or get it off a special creature. :)
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-10-2003, 6:37 PM
My guess is that finding mandalorian iron will be the rare thing to find. Once the materials are brought to a armorsmith then it can be turned into armor. Just my guess :)
 Prince Xizor
06-10-2003, 8:23 PM
mandalorian armor is going to be in this game?

this is just getting better & better ..

IM me on Tippmann1407, i'm obsessed w/ this game.
 Prince Xizor
06-10-2003, 8:28 PM
Q

say you do obtain the mandalorian armor, can you wear a cloak or something over it to conceal it & keep it a secret so know one would know that you'd even had it?
 UnfrozenCaveman
06-10-2003, 8:34 PM
Why would you want to conceal mandalorian armor if you obtained it? You can pick up loot off of pirates or any NPC you fight.
 Lord_Vessen
06-10-2003, 10:05 PM
I think it would be kind of stupid to have this...It would only be for those wannabe Boba's out there. But maybe if its really strong I would wear it.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Mandalorian Iron is the strongest material in the SW universe. :)
 Lord_Vessen
06-10-2003, 10:12 PM
I did not know this...
 Jatari Bazrak
06-10-2003, 11:45 PM
wow... would we be able to use the mandalorian iron and use a different blue print?
 Lord_Vessen
06-11-2003, 12:44 AM
I doubt you would be able to find it, maybe you could.
 -=ReApEr=-
06-11-2003, 3:29 AM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
mandalorian armor is going to be in this game?

this is just getting better & better ..

IM me on Tippmann1407, i'm obsessed w/ this game.

Hey we are all obssed with this game, glad to see another person hooked. :D
 Mujahid
06-11-2003, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX
Mandalorian Iron is the strongest material in the SW universe. :)

I thought "Transparasteel" was?

<-----total newb to the extended universe. only read a couple of the books, hehe.
 Prince Xizor
06-11-2003, 5:49 PM
i was thinking the mandalorian armor would be like showing off jedi skills where everybody would run after you & try to kill you. that`s why i`m asking if you can conceal it so nobody knows you have it. can you wear some sort of clothing over it to conceal the armor?
 Mujahid
06-11-2003, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
i was thinking the mandalorian armor would be like showing off jedi skills where everybody would run after you & try to kill you. that`s why i`m asking if you can conceal it so nobody knows you have it. can you wear some sort of clothing over it to conceal the armor?

Remember that people can't just go running around, willly nilly, killing you for your armor. You have to be an Overt member of a faction to even be vulnerable to PvP attack.
 Jan Gaarni
06-11-2003, 7:21 PM
I thought "Transparasteel" was?

<-----total newb to the extended universe. only read a couple of the books, hehe.
No, transparisteel is a strong, but transparant material, that is used for windows in most ships.

I think plastisteel is the only one that can be compared to the toughness of Mandalorian iron.
 sexxxy_mark
06-11-2003, 8:05 PM
hmm,
mandalorian armor.
didn't know that was the strongest metal in the sw universe.
must have missed that in all my star wars classes.
i curse my learning disability, sexlexia. (its a joke, feel free to haha)

i somehow doubt mandalorian armor would beable to be duplicated...i mean in the star wars universe weren't there only 2 of those armors left and boba fett killed the other guy who had it.

i would assume if u were able to procure some mandalorian iron, which is a negatory, boba fet would come and hunt your ass.

then again if manadlorian iron is a mix of different metals, such as tungsten steel, it would be possible.
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-11-2003, 8:09 PM
EU master... thats your call ;)
 Dathan Surehand
06-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Maybe it will be an "ultimate quest" for the ultimate crafter. Find ingredients, make armor. Only that specific quest has mandalorian iron as a waypoint. And maybe only Fett himself will be able to buy it......
 -=ReApEr=-
06-12-2003, 3:28 AM
Originally posted by Dathan Surehand
Maybe it will be an "ultimate quest" for the ultimate crafter. Find ingredients, make armor. Only that specific quest has mandalorian iron as a waypoint. And maybe only Fett himself will be able to buy it......

I can see things like that happening, the chances are endless. :)
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-12-2003, 5:15 PM
The rare thing about mandalorian armor will be its materials, not the process of being able to make it (i figure that will be easy). As for only selling it to Boba, I doubt that will happen.
 -=ReApEr=-
06-13-2003, 3:42 AM
Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX
The rare thing about mandalorian armor will be its materials, not the process of being able to make it (i figure that will be easy). As for only selling it to Boba, I doubt that will happen.

It could, in my opinion it sounds pretty ok. :D
 Da Hatchet
06-13-2003, 4:38 AM
correct me if im wrong but, i remember reading somewhere that in order to keep the variety of items, weapons, and armor as well as schematics ect, that once a mineral or substance is used up on a planet that there would be no more and new minerals would form to be used for more blueprints and such,

so, i think the possibilities are endless with the way the game was designed, mand armor may just be possible, but im sure with a catch, hehe, dont you love devs and thier deviousness
 Jackrabbit
06-13-2003, 8:13 AM
That is correct Hatchet. I wonder what affect that will have on the economy? I mean, besides the obvious. Do you think that old items, made at the beginning of the game, will ever become more valuable because the materials used to make them are no longer available? People could buy stuff for cheap, and start up antique shops. Then, those items could rise in value, and sell for a good profit. Or, poor players could go there to get cheap items, and mod the crap out of them (think Millennium Falcon).

I don’t want to go off topic too much. Maybe I should start a new thread (it has been a while).
 ShadowGecko
06-13-2003, 9:17 AM
Say, if metals do become rare, will you be able to smelt them and then make something new? I hope this is on topic... wait here we go... Madalorian... there, now it's on topic.
 Dathan Surehand
06-13-2003, 1:14 PM
Don't all items have a "half-life"?

So even if we do produce some high quality items they will decay, and the demand will still be there.

I know selling to Fett wouldn't happen, it was just an example of how extreme it will probably be to make and sell that armor.

:)
Page: 1 of 1